• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Royal Oak Offshore From Trusty

kobexu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/19
Guys,
I recently found out that Trusty is running sales on a lot of Noob models including the ROO (link below). I'm quite unfamiliar with the ROO so need some opinions. Are the Noob ones any good? I don't expect 1:1 at $258 and I know JF makes a better version, however i would like to know the quality as well as if there are any major flaws (deal breakers). Appreciate all opinions!

http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=465&products_id=20279

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guys,
I recently found out that Trusty is running sales on a lot of Noob models including the ROO (link below). I'm quite unfamiliar with the ROO so need some opinions. Are the Noob ones any good? I don't expect 1:1 at $258 and I know JF makes a better version, however i would like to know the quality as well as if there are any major flaws (deal breakers). Appreciate all opinions!

http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=465&products_id=20279

I disagree that JF makes a better version of this. The flaws are equally numerous for both versions but for $258, you can’t go wrong with the Noob. It isn’t worse than the JF and I actually prefer the Noob dial details.

The usual ROO replica flaws, like case thickness, date font magnification and accuracy, date window position, hands base width, and of course the movement type all are visible flaws. But get the watch and wear it as a fun watch if you like it. It’s not a gen AP as you well know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

kobexu

23/5/19
I disagree that JF makes a better version of this. The flaws are equally numerous for both versions but for $258, you can’t go wrong with the Noob. It isn’t worse than the JF and I actually prefer the Noob dial details.

The usual ROO replica flaws, like case thickness, date font magnification and accuracy, date window position, hands base width, and of course the movement type all are visible flaws. But get the watch and wear it as a fun watch if you like it. It’s not a gen AP as you well know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Legend for your opinion! I agree 100% on not worrying about the various small flaws. Do you know if in general this modified 7750 is proven to be reliable? I can overlook the flaws but don't want to spend money on a watch that will drop dead in a month.

Last edited:

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
I ordered a noob blue chrono diver from intime at its $198 offer, but I was told the watch was not in stock about 15 days later when I asked if the QC pics had arrived. I was given the option to get a refund or change my order.

Reactions: littowun

kobexu

23/5/19
I ordered a noob blue chrono diver from intime at its $198 offer, but I was told the watch was not in stock about 15 days later when I asked if the QC pics had arrived. I was given the option to get a refund or change my order.

That sucks... what did you end up doing?

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
That sucks... what did you end up doing?

I switched to a different watch I always had my eye on that was also on offer, not an AP. Had to pay the difference.

I'm just sharing my experience because I was very excited at first for my new watch but I was probably late to the party by a few days and all of the stock was gone. Ryan (InTime) was very helpful though. Still waiting QC for the second watch.

Reactions: littowun

kobexu

23/5/19
I switched to a different watch I always had my eye on that was also on offer, not an AP. Had to pay the difference.

I'm just sharing my experience because I was very excited at first for my new watch but I was probably late to the party by a few days and all of the stock was gone. Ryan (InTime) was very helpful though. Still waiting QC for the second watch.

Thanks for sharing, hope you get a great new watch!

Breitluc

I'm Pretty Popular
22/5/12
The Netherlands
Damn... Those are really good prices! Makes me wonder if Noob is getting rid of it’s old stock before introduce new models (maybe the long awaited clone movement)

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Damn... Those are really good prices! Makes me wonder if Noob is getting rid of it’s old stock before introduce new models (maybe the long awaited clone movement)

Highly doubt the clone movement but new model is more than likely i guess.