• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is an acceptable timegrapher result for a 15400 JF V5 Miyota 9015?

Matmah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/16
I have just received my QC picture from Puretime for my 15400. As I need to send a query regarding some marks around the 1 but mainly the 2 (probably dirt/dust but best to check) I thought I would quickly query here about my timegrapher result.

Normally I like to see below 10 and will accept a 12, but to me 14 s/d is a little high. If this is the norm then I will just accept it as at the end of the day it is a rep, and as you can see it did pass a 3 bar test so if 10 plus is a norm then I would prefer them not to open it, but if Miyota 9015 regular brings in results less than 5 then I would prefer to see if they can adjust it.

IMG-2854.jpg

IMG-2867.jpg

IMG-2218.jpg

IMG-2219.jpg

IMG-2220.jpg

IMG-2221.jpg

IMG-2222.jpg

IMG-2223.jpg

IMG-2224.jpg

IMG-2225.jpg

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I would accept, timegraph reading give a snapshot of the watch at that moment intime, when worn on the wrist at different angles it will vary anyway.

accept it, wear it and after a while you will get a better idea of the timekeeping in the real world, then get it regulated if necessary

Reactions: SHB and Tucker

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have just received my QC picture from Puretime for my 15400. As I need to send a query regarding some marks around the one 1 but mainly the 2 (probably dirt/dust) I thought I would quickly query here about my timegrapher result.

Normally I like to see below 10 and will accept a 12, but to me 14 s/d is a little high. If this is the norm then I will just accept it as at the end of the day it is a rep, and as you can see it did pass a 3 bar test so if 10 plus is a norm then I would prefer them not to open it, but if Miyota 9015 regular brings in results less than 5 then I would prefer to see if they can adjust it.

Please take the dealer timegrapher pic with a dose of salt. There are different grades of timegraphers and not all will be able to give precise readings.

Also, the miyota 9015 movement has an accuracy rating of -10 to +30 seconds per day precision so I will say that your movement performance is within specification. You can get it further regulated to achieve better accuracy but take note that the accuracy can change over time especially with wear and tear or impact or temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Tucker

Matmah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/16
Thanks for the replies, as you lot have confirmed it's in an acceptable range then thats good enough for me.... Hopefully sometime tomorrow they can confirm the marks are just hard and dirt then I'll have this beauty on the way to me.... :)