• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this "fake" RO 15400 actually genuine?!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I don't think they can read the actual content of the PMs and don't really think have time to comb through every PM. But I am sure can see the number of PMs OP has received since he joined and since this is his first thread one can only assume the PMs are related to this watch. And if the volume is alarming I am sure they'll or already have taken action to restrict OP's PM previlages.

I guess someone with database access can read all the content.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
If anyone wired thousands of dollars, to a new member, who’s only thread was about buying an Royal Oak from a thrift store for $50, then they deserve to lose the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Champsy

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Looking up savers online, they’re a huge, for profit, business. Such businesses usually like to protect themselves from huge fines, criminal proceedings and the like. It’s very strange that they would flout the law and sell replicas.
Then of course is the civil law suits that AP could bring about as well.
I don’t doubt the member who phoned them. I’m just wondering wtf this business is thinking. In most if not all of their worldwide locations it’s illegal to sell reps.

Reactions: legend

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
That’s my dream. I always look at watches when I’m in an op shop. I got a shitty tag once, but it’s usually such shitty options

Reactions: majwilliams0308

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Looking up savers online, they’re a huge, for profit, business. Such businesses usually like to protect themselves from huge fines, criminal proceedings and the like. It’s very strange that they would flout the law and sell replicas.
I don’t doubt the member who phoned them. I’m just wondering wtf this business is thinking. In most if not all of their worldwide locations it’s illegal to sell reps.

Entirely true. But in this the watch sold was supposedly either a “gen” or much more likely, a homage like didun or something else. If you scrutinize the thread carefully there is NOTHING to link that receipt to the gen 15400 OP showed. I hear Princewilliam’s account of the watch description and don’t deny that it can be the watch shown, but it can also be a lookalike.
So taking into account your assumption that the thrift store would not sell reps, that leaves two scenarios: they knowingly sold a gen at $50, or they sold a homage brand or some blatantly cheap looking watch.
Coupled with pics of a gen 15400, it would make a sensational story, and of course a bait for greedy prospectors.

For those hoping to score a good deal off this, please refrain from doing so no matter how convincing the deal looks. You’ll end up being scorched. Treat this as entertainment and nothing more.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
they knowingly sold a gen at $50, or they sold a homage brand or some blatantly cheap looking watch.
Coupled with pics of a gen 15400, it would make a sensational story, and of course a bait for greedy prospectors.

exactly what came to my mind.

Janda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/19

Yep yep, someone mentioned counterfeit laws earlier in the thread, because they did sell it to me in their words a "high end replica" she goes "that'll fool a lot of people" and its illegal to sell counteefeit goods. Also as a comedic side note due to it being $90 I couldn't even carry it to the register, she gives me a number(fckn raffle ticket no less) and says the checkout person will come get it from her, then as I get to the register she walks up and hands it to her anyway saying oh I was just heading this way... Pmsl how overly careful they were for a "replica". Even funnier was that the 89.99 tag on it had been folded previously by so cheeky fucker who tried to buy it for $8.99 until he must have realised the tags have barcodes on them !! ROTFLMAO

in regards to a civil case for me though, that's debatable, because despite selling it as counterfeit, since you guys have drilled it in that it's real along with a watchmaker, then they didn't "technically" break the law now did they????!!!

Gets me to thinking who donates a real Swiss watch to an op shop, either someone very generous(possible) or very stupid, or unlucky. It does my head in, i want the story over!!!

I guess I haven't sold it to a dealer( you mean the stores on Collins St? Or are there others? I'm not a watch guy until 3 days ago haha) because I'm concerned about being the little guy and getting fucked over if it's stolen... I mean, it would be nice to know I did the right thing, but I have a record from my younger years, and that savers receipt don't prove shit to cops and savers will cover their arse, and I could get fucked, know what I mean?

Plus I actually just wanted it, and would have and did empty my pockets that day for it, and need a reliable time keeper with a date because I'm shit with time management and have to Many dead watches that I never replaced the batteries, I just wanted it to be fake and get on with my life haha, would have been so chuffed, it's an awesome watch, especially for the price.

legend hey mate thanks for your support also sorry If we got off on the wrong foot, I can being a cunt too lol. If your anywhere near Melbourne could you give it a service for me??? Pro-bono ofcourse? You'll get a role in the movie no doubt. Haha.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Yep yep, someone mentioned counterfeit laws earlier in the thread, because they did sell it to me in their words a "high end replica" she goes "that'll fool a lot of people" and its illegal to sell counteefeit goods. Also as a comedic side note due to it being $90 I couldn't even carry it to the register, she gives me a number(fckn raffle ticket no less) and says the checkout person will come get it from her, then as I get to the register she walks up and hands it to her anyway saying oh I was just heading this way... Pmsl how overly careful they were for a "replica". Even funnier was that the 89.99 tag on it had been folded previously by so cheeky fucker who tried to buy it for $8.99 until he must have realised the tags have barcodes on them !! ROTFLMAO

in regards to a civil case for me though, that's debatable, because despite selling it as counterfeit, since you guys have drilled it in that it's real along with a watchmaker, then they didn't "technically" break the law now did they????!!!

Gets me to thinking who donates a real Swiss watch to an op shop, either someone very generous(possible) or very stupid, or unlucky. It does my head in, i want the story over!!!

I guess I haven't sold it to a dealer( you mean the stores on Collins St? Or are there others? I'm not a watch guy until 3 days ago haha) because I'm concerned about being the little guy and getting fucked over if it's stolen... I mean, it would be nice to know I did the right thing, but I have a record from my younger years, and that savers receipt don't prove shit to cops and savers will cover their arse, and I could get fucked, know what I mean?

Plus I actually just wanted it, and would have and did empty my pockets that day for it, and need a reliable time keeper with a date because I'm shit with time management and have to Many dead watches that I never replaced the batteries, I just wanted it to be fake and get on with my life haha, would have been so chuffed, it's an awesome watch, especially for the price.

legend hey mate thanks for your support also sorry If we got off on the wrong foot, I can being a cunt too lol. If your anywhere near Melbourne could you give it a service for me??? Pro-bono ofcourse? You'll get a role in the movie no doubt. Haha.

Quite the story that is unfolding here.

Janda

8/8/19
It still had blue plastic on the inside of the clasp and a little bit of clear plastic still on inside of bracelet that was abit dirty from being worn(probly once), it had one scratch on back cover and 2 links severely scratched(one since removed on that side) the Yugoslav said it was mint and hadnt been worn, I've been wearing it since Thursday and each day it's getting worse, in the right light i can now see shallow swirls and scratches on EVERY SINGLE link, that were previously immaculate, and even one on the bezel(ring on my other hand kissed it) nothing like the deep scratched it had on the 2 links originally but still.... It's a friggin magnet like they say.

why did their expert say the hands were wrong and it was fake if it's not???? Doesn't add up.

Gonna go interrogate savers myself tomorow try and find out who donated it or even who valued it for their opinion.

hoping it was simply a generous watch collector who didn't wear it and wanted to do a good deed and give a poor person a real Swiss watch... but if that's the case savers would have put a higher tag or kept it themselves, pocket the money and the goal would not be achieved! It could only work if they were in on it, or the valuer, to have an excuse to make it cheap, on top of that tell me it's fake so I don't know what I have, a keep it instead of selling. Now that's an elaborate fucking sceme, but the only way a person could actually achieve that goal of generosity, if that's the case...

Could simply be their valuer was wrong, but still a mystery as to why it was donated, or was it lost even?

Jewelers can be wrong... like the watch guy in eltham (magenta creative jewelery)who told me it was fake because its bracelet is loose not tight(pmsl) that the saphire should be clear and not reflect light( its not 2x lol) and it should have saint bernard stamps allover every single peice of the movement as well as the back cover. despite it not being a gold AP( lmao again) anyone is welcome to call him also to confirm the story, though even I know more about 15400s than he does bwahaha. Appears to deal in nwbig reps as he TRULY believes any watch in the world can be copied 1:1 for under $500AUD, half of what a JF costs.

​​​​​Somebody call the goose and tell him it's gen, I would love that!!!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I don’t think you were being a c*nt. I don’t believe in namecalling. If you found a genuine 15400 at less than 0.5% of its market value it is a fortuitous thing and congratulation worthy.
Yes I’ll help you service it pro bono if you need. And you have to agree with me that your story is movie-worthy indeed lol.

I have said enough on your thread and will get off your back now. Apologies if I offended you in any way, I just have to ensure that your story is legit and that your intentions are not harmful. Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: Allure

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Am I sensing the build up to the punchline of the story here.
1. Found a $30K watch in a secondhand store
2. Spent last $90 buying said watch
3. Emphasize that I don't have much money and lead s frugal lifestyle
4. Unfortunately I can't realise some much needed funds from selling the watch legitimately because of a misspent youth.
5. Oh what can I do, I'll just have to keep it I suppose and wear it a a daily beater, because that makes more sense than putting a new battery in my fucking old Casio
6. ???????????

Reactions: Rolemars and SHB

Janda

8/8/19
I don’t think you were being a c*nt. I don’t believe in namecalling. If you found a genuine 15400 at less than 0.5% of its market value it is a fortuitous thing and congratulation worthy.
Yes I’ll help you service it pro bono if you need. And you have to agree with me that your story is movie-worthy indeed lol.

I have said enough on your thread and will get off your back now. Apologies if I offended you in any way, I just have to ensure that your story is legit and that your intentions are not harmful. Thank you for your patience.

All good mate, your welcome in the thread any day of the week! I completely understand the scrutiny, as trolls(and troll hands) do exist! I did a lot of searching and reading before I posted, as all my questions were listed in detail, and I wouldn't have believed it to be real, if it weren't for guys like you repeating yourselves, it's much appreciated.

When it's daytime here in Aussie land somebody call the lad at magenta creative jewellery for shots and giggles, if your still concerned I'm a scammer and showed him a rep, and the Yugoslav a gen, just show him the back cover pics, he'll wonder where the dogo stamps are and tell you it's fake .... Lols

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
OP,
I have sequle of your movie. The toy Moster Truck you bought for $5.99. One fine morning turns out to be a real monster truck but was shrunked like Ant-Man or Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.
And next thing you know you are the Monster Jam Champion doing flips and tricks while wearing your Gen 15400.

I am copywriting this.

Reactions: Katarsis

Janda

8/8/19
OP,
I have sequle of your movie. The toy Moster Truck you bought for $5.99. One fine morning turns out to be a real monster truck but was shrunked like Ant-Man or Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.
And next thing you know you are the Monster Jam Champion doing flips and tricks while wearing your Gen 15400.

I am copywriting this.

Holy flying saucers batman, that's a brilliant sequel!!! I always wanted to do monster jam...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
4. Unfortunately I can't realise some much needed funds from selling the watch legitimately because of a misspent youth.
5. Oh what can I do, I'll just have to keep it I suppose and wear it a a daily beater, because that makes more sense than putting a new battery in my fucking old Casio
6. ???????????

Lmao

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
6. ???????????

Lmao, you got it right

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Man, just went through 16 pages of a very entertaining thread. It’s like watching a series on Netflix, you’re glad you don’t have to wait till next week and just watch all episodes in one evening.

Op, I like your dedication. Please stay polite, or I’m afraid you will be banned by a mod. You have been warned (twice).
Also, keep us informed. This thread would be worthless without you.

... time for the next episode

:popcorn2:

Reactions: Malik321

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
While it is true that I called the store and spoke at length with the supervisor about a watch matches the description, price etc of the watch OP has claimed he bought, in no way does that prove anything. It certainly doesn’t prove he bought the gen in the pictures from the store.

OP has shown he has a very interesting imagination, definitely wild enough to come up with an elaborate scam, so I’d highly advise against entering into any discussions about a possible purchase or anything else for that matter.

This is an interesting story, and nothing else.

Reactions: legend