• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this "fake" RO 15400 actually genuine?!

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
My grail watch the white dial 15400, so stunning.

I stick to my initial assumption that this story is total BS, but I like OP.

Besides calling us all c*%!s, he’s actually shown he can take an insult or two, has also provided entertainment and some nice pics/video of a great watch.

Thanks OP, I’m sure you won’t but don’t try and scam anyone here it will end terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: littowun

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
This feed is so much better than summer novellas! I’m so excited for the final twist!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Can I purchase the movie rights to this please? Chris Hemsworth has already agreed to play you.

It looks more like a Ben Foster flick...clothes, fingernails, car, etc. That watch (if real and owned by OP) is most likely worth more than his entire wardrobe and his car (maybe even his house).

Janda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/19
It looks more like a Ben Foster flick...clothes, fingernails, car, etc. That watch (if real and owned by OP) is most likely worth more than his entire wardrobe and his car (maybe even his house).

No doubt about that, all my clothes come from the op shop pmsl!!! But that's how I roll, never want to buy 1 out of twenty of the same thing on/off a shelf. I like to find stuff that is unique and has a story, cost is not the issue. It's the hope of the hunt, that you will find what your after, there's a lot of patience and a lot of chance. On top of that certain object attract or you or you are drawn to them and acquire them. It's the energy, it's life. I was after a 2.1 ch Bluetooth soundbar, cause my flash new phone doesn't have an aux jack. I nearly got one for $85 at Target because it was dinted. Thought it was too much coin anyway and regretted it later but then I was in the op shop one of my regular ones in the country and bam an even better quality soundbar and sub, for $20, gotta love that. But it's the impulse buys I appreciate the most... It not about money, it's connection. I speak in regards to materialism but energy is energy and people animals plants rocks and planets it's all connected, just admire life and don't take ANYTHING for granted, good or bad. /Rant-over

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I think he was saying something about how getting soundbars at a pawnshop keep you connected to Gaia the earth mother

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@gingerbubba

I think you may want to consider making your movie end with the lead wearing the 15400 and sitting cross legged on pride rock which Simba lives, meditating on the circle of life, cosmic energies and soundbar deals.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Lmao... I'm wondering how many ppl have messaged him with a low ball offer for a watch they will never receive ?!?!

I’m sure he has gotten plenty of PMs. The funny thing is, he could have walked into any dealer’s and sold this for a tidy sum. Why draw all the attention to it here?
Like you I’m waiting for the punchline, which seems to be obfuscated by plenty of random trivia about OP’s life.
What we are seeing how is simply the worm which hides the hook.

Reactions: Allure

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
Shure he could have sold it to one dealer ... but I've seen some pretty elaborate scams before and if it is a scam not saying that it is but IF it was he is putting ALOT of effort into having every one on here with professional and genuine knowledge stating it's a GEN and he is hurting for cash.. so why go to.the dealer and get say for just a example $15k when he could have 20 people that are not so hip to a scam pay him 10k on the unbelievable cheap side for the deal of a lifetime and send money and obviously not get the gen or even anything at all now he has just pocketed himself 200k .. just saying

Reactions: Champsy

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Shure he could have sold it to one dealer ... but I've seen some pretty elaborate scams before and if it is a scam not saying that it is but IF it was he is putting ALOT of effort into having every one on here with professional and genuine knowledge stating it's a GEN and he is hurting for cash.. so why go to.the dealer and get say for just a example $15k when he could have 20 people that are not so hip to a scam pay him 10k on the unbelievable cheap side for the deal of a lifetime and send money and obviously not get the gen or even anything at all now he has just pocketed himself 200k .. just saying

Well that is entirely plausible too. I’m not doubting the 15400 shown in the pics is a genuine. But the punchline begins when he starts to sell the watch.
The thing is, Princewilliam called the store and confirmed the veracity or the story. And I believe him. There is however no proof to link the 15400 he showed in the pics to the one being sold by the thrift store. It could have been a didun or canal street rep, and the gen.. well, it could have been stolen or borrowed or whatever. So the thrift store find would have covered the gen 15400 “purchase”.
The watch itself gets no wow from me, gen as it may be. I’ve seen plenty of those and I own the blue and black ones myself. But I do find the deliberate elaborateness of this entire account rather innovative.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
@gingerbubba

I think you may want to consider making your movie end with the lead wearing the 15400 and sitting cross legged on pride rock which Simba lives, meditating on the circle of life, cosmic energies and soundbar deals.

I often wondered what you did to have such nice cars and Gens etc - it's now clear you're in the movie business!!! You can't hide that experience from me!!!! You're now my 1st Assistant Director, congratulations.

Reactions: legend

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Lmao... I'm wondering how many ppl have messaged him with a low ball offer for a watch they will never receive ?!?!

I'm sure the mods have access to pm's and would know if any members are attempting a backdoor purchase, but your right it would be interesting to know if and how many members may have tried it

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I'm sure the mods have access to pm's and would know if any members are attempting a backdoor purchase, but your right it would be interesting to know if and how many members may have tried it

I don't think they can read the actual content of the PMs and don't really think have time to comb through every PM. But I am sure can see the number of PMs OP has received since he joined and since this is his first thread one can only assume the PMs are related to this watch. And if the volume is alarming I am sure they'll or already have taken action to restrict OP's PM previlages.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
If anyone wired thousands of dollars, to a new member, who’s only thread was about buying an Royal Oak from a thrift store for $50, then they deserve to lose the money.