• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this "fake" RO 15400 actually genuine?!

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
I was seriously gonna hold the real one in the shop and look for a dog stamp *palms forehead* now i dunno what's left to compare, the finish?? Weight? I nearly weighed it today but then thought its a moot comparison to specs depending on how many links are taken out... might try and sell it to them if they're interested I guess lol see if they spot the bracelet :D

I recommend you enter that AP store and directly tell them you bought a rep and would like to compare yours to the original. Considering AP regulates the number of RO produced hence sold evey year and clearly chooses who they want to sell their watches to, they surely will be VERY happy to help you. Geat plan bro!

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
When you're dead, everybody knows except you. It can be difficult and painful for other people to deal with.

It's exactly the same when you are stupid.

OP, you aren't dead, and the watch is gen - you've been told repeatedly by people who have far more knowledge of AP than anyone you'll ever meet.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Well i chime in again - like already over and over repeated - the fekking watch is gen. No doubt about that.

what i was wondering - did anybody tried to call the store now as we have the receipt?
Just out of interests of course... ;)

Reactions: Katarsis

N0tail_

1/6/17
You know what would be fun? Linking this thread to 4chan, sitting back and letting them do the investigating :D

Janda Don't mind the users here, I'll fly down to Melbourne from Brisbane and dispose of the watch for you. I'll bring some nail clippers and a read-along child's book for your troubles.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
If he wants to know for sure (and IF this thread isn't just a pile of BS) then OP should call AP directly in Switzerland and ask them to run the serial number. Then you will know if it is stolen or not. Otherwise this whole thing is just probably just BS. We all remember the guy in Mexico who found/bought an AP and it ended up being stolen. Just saying...

Reactions: legend

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
If he wants to know for sure (and IF this thread isn't just a pile of BS) then OP should call AP directly in Switzerland and ask them to run the serial number. Then you will know if it is stolen or not. Otherwise this whole thing is just probably just BS. We all remember the guy in Mexico who found/bought an AP and it ended up being stolen. Just saying...

Did he really find out it was stolen?
Didn't he sell it for like 20 or 25K something like that?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
That receipt is vague to say the least, seems like a not so good cover story for when the cops come looking for that watch “but I got a receipt for it maaate” meanwhile whatever that receipt is really for is in the trash.

This is a pretty good place to find out if the watch is genuine without having to take it anywhere that might call the cops

Don’t bother going into the city mate, they won’t have a 15400 in stock, and I doubt they would let you in the store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
very interesting. to me and most people, and even some AD's - which may be hard to believe, nwbig's or super rep's could be passed as gen. but hey, i thought st. bernard's were a rolex thing.............
i gotta wonder at the point of this thread, but i imagine it's to confirm it's a gen. could the pros here even be duped ? if it's just a stamp, i could sand/polish it off in 5min, while a factory may not bother.
or maybe, hopefully not, it's to test the waters at selling a fake ? tons of people do it every day, but can you live with yourself for that, just for a few bucks ? why not just eat ramen for a year or something wtf
calling that store and asking about that watch is a great idea, i'm tempted to, but don't actually care that much

i also find it strange there's no datebase with serial number for luxury watches.
want to know if it's stolen ? that's actually very easy imo. http://www.mystolenwatch.com/home-en/ there's multiple sites like this.
and what about sending pics to AP or getting an extract of the archives ?

i just don't know, but all things aside, holy crap congratulations on some amazing luck !!!!

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I called the shop.

OP did in fact buy a white 15400 yesterday for $90 from this store.

They said an independent expert told them it was a replica

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Had a long chat with the supervisor, she actually said the guy that valued it said the hands didn’t look real legend wasn’t you was it lol

Last edited:

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Doing OP a favor, Tucker the sale receipt is now posted.

vRUGzLP.jpg

vDalqKC.jpg

dynlgJ1.jpg

7RMNMr1.jpg

CGdzX4G.jpg

usSYLYP.jpg

4rMKCMG.jpg

Bs1Eeu7.jpg

The bracelet fits perfectly to your wrist??? Wow, you are 2Xs luckily

Janda

8/8/19
@teeneyweeny

it was way loose when I got it, the Yugoslav watchfixer who said it was GEN took 2 links out, and yeah, perfect now.

​​​​​​BUUUT, the screws were incredibly tight, was impossible to loosen without a solid hammer tap on each. I read this somewhere, it's happened before, what's the go here?

Janda

8/8/19
Glad someone called savers haha, in regards to the hands I will say that in the dark the glow of the hands is not as bright as the hour markers, enough to make you look closer, don't know if that's normal or not but it actually is quite annoying, if I'd paid thousands for it I'd expect perfection.

Janda

8/8/19
You can see the luminescence strip on the hands is noticeable slimmer than on the hour markers... Did read stuff about that in rep v gen topics, but can't remember the specifics anymore...

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I called the shop.

OP did in fact buy a white 15400 yesterday for $90 from this store.

They said an independent expert told them it was a replica

What story did you make up to get these infos? I imagine for privacy policy the avoid giving infos about customers.