• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this "fake" RO 15400 actually genuine?!

Janda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/19
Hi guys, I saw this watch in a thrift store jewellery cabinet and could not get it on my wrist quick enough! Sexiest understated watch I've ever seen, gorgeous actually.

Anyway the clerk said it was a fake but a really high end fake as he had seen a few come threw there before.

After some research I gots to thinking if the Royal Oak was so popular and produced in vast numbers over the years and such good reps around thesetdays, then perhaps a gen could slip through the cracks as it were...

https://imgur.com/gallery/LeE8Pfk

Do all the reps use the miyota movement? Are there any fakes that use something else or change date instantly like this does? and the crown operates as genuine?

The recessed hex screws appear to have a warm yellow glow in low light as seen in pics, so appear to be aging white gold, not steel...

Movement looks exact as genuine, and has correct orientation as opposed to miyota fakes...

Watch thickness looks to be under 10mm and no bulky back cover...

Logo on crown is correct orientation and well engraved, the finish on the inside of clasp looks genuine, ap logo on outside of clasp looks genuine, as opposed to worse engraving on fakes.

Can't seem to spot ANY flaws in the dial, printing, logo, taps, hands, DW etc...

Only thing odd is the 1220 printed on the bracelet is in a pretty basic font... I saw a gen that had a slightly fancier font, where the tops of the twos curl in abit more?

Thoughts people???? What is this frankenoak?

Thanks in advance :)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Tell him to sell you that fake for $500. Can't get any more genuine.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
dial, hands and movement look gen. go back with a low ball cash offer < $1000. i have no idea what would happen if it were stolen and serial# registered. do your own DD on stolen goods

Last edited:

Janda

8/8/19
Too late for offers guys i left the store with it on my wrist bwahaha for the sticker price of $89.99Aud so that's like $50 in your American monies. Not often you get Swiss for that price ???? shall run the serial by the dealer incase it's hot though... No alarms bells rang at the time... It's a junk store after all, could have been dad's old watch lost in the old boxes in the garage... I'll run the serial anonymously though, or by proxy, because seriously guys, it's finders keepers, and it's damn sexy. Thanks for the quick responses

Reactions: Thrasher

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
If you actually got the exact same watch from the pictures for fakking 50 bucks - this "dealer" is a hell of a salesman.

Sounds too good to be true to be honest hehe

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Too late for offers guys i left the store with it on my wrist bwahaha for the sticker price of $89.99Aud so that's like $50 in your American monies. Not often you get Swiss for that price ???? shall run the serial by the dealer incase it's hot though... No alarms bells rang at the time... It's a junk store after all, could have been dad's old watch lost in the old boxes in the garage... I'll run the serial anonymously though, or by proxy, because seriously guys, it's finders keepers, and it's damn sexy. Thanks for the quick responses

Looking forward to some proper wrist shots.

Janda

8/8/19
The sun's on its way up so I'll get some better pictures when the light is right. Typing this from an Oppo Reno 10x zoom, so should get a decent shot. It's had one link taken out, have room to take out another on opposite side for symmetry, but I prefer a looser fit as it is, plus I have boney girl wrists anyway, and this is a 41mm ???? ... Got scuffing/scratches across 2 links inner wrist, probly grazed it on something and a tiny scratch on the back but it's in pretty good nick otherwise..

With the 1220 font situation on bracelet, maybe it's changed over the years? Dunno... Doesn't matter really..

I was happy to buy it thinking it was fake... But my head's been spinning the deeper I dig... Quite a day I must say

BIONONE

28/4/17
I would say you couldn't care less about some scratches while you saved about 14.000USD on this watch haha

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Dude either you fill this thread with pics or whatever you said happened actually didn’t ahahah

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Last edited:
Reactions: dat231

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:ttiwwop:

Reactions: jb3md

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Mmmmm joined a replica watch forum today to tell the members he'd found a "gen" Royal Oak for $50 in a junk shop, until proven wrong with proper tagged pictures I call windup

Reactions: tripdog and dat231

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Story does seem very hard to believe. Nice watch though.

Janda

8/8/19
Is Imgur how we do photos here? Haven't used a forum in ages and Imgur made me download the new app and so I like shared it with public randoms but if I choose hidden how could I link to it?? Took a short video yesterday too, haven't slept actually and it's 8am here lol

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Is Imgur how we do photos here? Haven't used a forum in ages and Imgur made me download the new app and so I like shared it with public randoms but if I choose hidden how could I link to it?? Took a short video yesterday too, haven't slept actually and it's 8am here lol

Please use picr.me to host and embed your pics with the BBCode. Imgur is blocked on here.

Janda

8/8/19
Ok will do when I get some good ones. Here's the video I took tho, this was when I still thought it was fake, and wanted to show my girlfriend how the Chinese can make a self winding date keeping $30k watch for under $100 lol no wonder I was shocked, that couldn't happen...

https://imgur.com/a/Ufowmwu

Reactions: PhilLa and dat231

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Ok will do when I get some good ones. Here's the video I took tho, this was when I still thought it was fake, and wanted to show my girlfriend how the Chinese can make a self winding date keeping $30k watch for under $100 lol no wonder I was shocked, that couldn't happen...

https://imgur.com/a/Ufowmwu

Wow. You must be the luckiest man alive! That and the fact you just joined the forum today and these are your first ever posts. I'm calling B.S. on your trolling ass. How about a picture of the sales receipt...with your name blocked out of course. Even junk shops give receipts.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
OP you got the deal of the century. If you really did pay $50 for a Gen 15400 and an I seriel one at that which is fairly new currently I think it J or K serial running. Just hope it's not stolen or anything like that.

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Supporter
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Cough... BULLSHIT.... cough

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Tucker

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
This is insane! That's 100% GEN, not sure why somebody who owned one would make up a story instead of just saying "I own a mother effin genuine AP RO!" but then again I don't understand these kids today ;)

Might as well call BS just so we can get more info on this.