• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1.5 link for AP 15400 rep JF V5

dat231

Horology Curious
19/6/19
Hi,
Did anyone buy a 1.5 link for AP Royal Oak 15400 JF V5 ? does any factory make it ? I search but can't find it anywhere !
The AP bracelet is a hit-or-miss, there is no micro adjustment whatsoever :((

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wear the watch a little looser, and then file down the small links to shorten the length to your comfort.

file down the links?

do you have to re-drill holes ?

Reactions: dat231

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
file down the links?

do you have to re-drill holes ?

I did it once before, for someone with a 1/2 link size issue.
By filing down 2-3 links set, the bracelet was shortened to a better fit. Not perfectly snug but wearable.
No redrilling of holes was required.
But this is not a common issue, most guys are of the +/- 1 (instead of 0.5) variety.

Reactions: Allure and dat231

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I did it once before, for someone with a 1/2 link size issue.
By filing down 2-3 links set, the bracelet was shortened to a better fit. Not perfectly snug but wearable.
No redrilling of holes was required.
But this is not a common issue, most guys are of the +/- 1 (instead of 0.5) variety.

Cool !

Thanks for the tip !

Reactions: dat231

dat231

Horology Curious
19/6/19
thanks for the tip guys !!! I'm still wearing a bit loose and see if my wrist get swelling with the hot weather and fit the bracelet better :D if it's not then filing might be the next step :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
thanks for the tip guys !!! I'm still wearing a bit loose and see if my wrist get swelling with the hot weather and fit the bracelet better :D if it's not then filing might be the next step :)

Remember its just like how you will do a manicure except that its metal and may take a wee bit longer lol

Reactions: Allure and dat231

ljewell646

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
20/5/18
Can you tell it’s been filed down from the outside of the bracelet? Been thinking about selling mine just because 1 is just a bit to big even with wrist swelling and taking one off is too tight so hardly gets wrist time. But glad I found this option. A little afraid I might screw it up tho.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can you tell it’s been filed down from the outside of the bracelet? Been thinking about selling mine just because 1 is just a bit to big even with wrist swelling and taking one off is too tight so hardly gets wrist time. But glad I found this option. A little afraid I might screw it up tho.

You need to file it down, and then have the worked surface and edges rebrushed if you want no tell-tale sign. It is possible. But any perceived marks can be seen as wear-scratches on the bracelet. The thing is a scratch magnet anyway.