• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

the best ap rep ever

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Nevermind, you are right, I looked at the original item that I bought and it did not came with a DW, it was just dial and cyclops. I think watchsmith used the PM80 original DW and thats where I got confused. I will still send a picture tomorrow (my house is dark for pictures) and see whay you guys think of. I think it looks good.

GGNR

ticktocker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/18
United Kingdom
As relative beginner and longtime lurker there’s me thinking I could flex a decent rep????just about to buy from Sead, The marathon continues☹️

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kameelperd

30/4/19
Yes, what is important here isn't whether you are right or wrong, but you need to know clearly what is in your own watch that you painstakingly built.
Do share some pics, and we will help where we can.

Yes I agree. It was just a lapsus. I had to search my own eBay purchase history to prove me wrong.

Here you go:

05cf870ac47371083ed445602e23f21c.jpg

118859fd0762772846f1082861bbf5de.jpg

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes I agree. It was just a lapsus. I had to search my own eBay purchase history to prove me wrong.

Here you go:

The 1 font looks very good. Will it be possible to see 14, 9, and 21 please? We will help you determine what datewheel this is.
But looking at the 1, its either a Mikey one, one of the newer ones produced by the rep makers. It looks correct though.

Just a question: How does the date change on your watch? Does it have a slight roll and then changes at midnight? This is to confirm the movement type.

Reactions: Allure

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
panakamana very nice piece! do share more dates.
who did the work. only swap the dial. why not the tachy ring?

kameelperd

30/4/19
The 1 font looks very good. Will it be possible to see 14, 9, and 21 please? We will help you determine what datewheel this is.
But looking at the 1, its either a Mikey one, one of the newer ones produced by the rep makers. It looks correct though.

Just a question: How does the date change on your watch? Does it have a slight roll and then changes at midnight? This is to confirm the movement type.

Sure, here you go:

e75ef51a05b7b32a60766dce26c9924e.jpg

0fee801f147079c64a1ccd30528acc35.jpg

faba7dd330c785a4e71d5f9a856deb5e.jpg

And yes, slight roll then changes!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sure, here you go:

e75ef51a05b7b32a60766dce26c9924e.jpg

0fee801f147079c64a1ccd30528acc35.jpg

faba7dd330c785a4e71d5f9a856deb5e.jpg

And yes, slight roll then changes!

Thank you kindly.

The datewheel seems to be a modern font variant and I suspect it’s a Mikey datewheel because the only other datewheel I’ve seen that looks the same is in the XF ceramic datewheel with 2836 movement.
The datewheel is slightly misaligned too high (notice that the top of the dates are slightly cut off) but the font is correct for a late H/I series.
It’s not a gen datewheel for certain but it’s close enough for it to be treated as such.
I personally like it but please try to get the date aligned if details as dial details and date font bothers you.
It’s a very nice diver all things considered but if you really want no tells you need that dive rotating bezel replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kameelperd

30/4/19
Thank you kindly.

The datewheel seems to be a modern font variant and I suspect it’s a Mikey datewheel because the only other datewheel I’ve seen that looks the same is in the XF ceramic datewheel with 2836 movement.
The datewheel is slightly misaligned too high (notice that the top of the dates are slightly cut off) but the font is correct for a late H/I series.
It’s not a gen datewheel for certain but it’s close enough for it to be treated as such.
I personally like it but please try to get the date aligned if details as dial details and date font bothers you.
It’s a very nice diver all things considered but if you really want no tells you need that dive rotating bezel replaced.

Thanks.

Yes it is missaligned. Will get it sort.

I agree on the rotating bezel. Where one can source not been eBay or Chrono24?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
the dial is misaligned like it needs counter clockwise adjustment. the audemars higher the puguet

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks.

Yes it is missaligned. Will get it sort.

I agree on the rotating bezel. Where one can source not been eBay or Chrono24?

Gen AP parts will be harder and harder to source. Even Chrono24 is fraught with rep and aftermarket parts sold as gen.
There are a few guys here who source gen AP parts privately but even these channels are becoming dry slowly but surely. My own contact is facing difficulties getting gen AP parts now.

kameelperd

30/4/19
Gen AP parts will be harder and harder to source. Even Chrono24 is fraught with rep and aftermarket parts sold as gen.
There are a few guys here who source gen AP parts privately but even these channels are becoming dry slowly but surely. My own contact is facing difficulties getting gen AP parts now.

I agree. Thank you for the info.