• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rubberclad to get? JF vs Noob?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I dont think it will fit. A gen Roo crystal is 2.0-2.5mm thick and a rep JF is 1.5mm so i think you need a gen bezel and maybe shave the top a bit on tachy. But Im not an expert. Maybe someone else can tell

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Not an expert T? I will say that’s an expert reply and it’s mostly correct. ;)
On a side note, you do not need a gen crystal upgrade for JF ROOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Not an expert T? I will say that’s an expert reply and it’s mostly correct. ;)
On a side note, you do not need a gen crystal upgrade for JF ROOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahah Thanks Buddy! Now days with all the newbes in here i might be an ”expert” but with you ”older”guys Im still a novice with allot to learn :) But after one year of reading every singel thread from you real experts in this forum i have learn alot. :D

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

GIANNINO

Renowned Member
13/7/15
EU
Tompalegend Thanks guys..

only had a gen clad in my hands few days ago and my mod JF on the wrist and I noticed this: I noticed a small different proportion in terms of thickness of the layers between bezel/rehaut/insert, as a “deeper” effect of the dial and the crystal position result to be more sunk at the end inside the bezel.. in addition the gen crystal edge shape seems to be larger (as the HB Big Bang Crystal edge shape for example), than the crystal mounted on my JF.. I know is probably an impercettible thickness perception at the end, but I started having this idea to upgrade the bezel part and crystal these days.... however, as Tompa said, it sounds a little bit hard to do :D and it would be better to get the gen I think if you’re lookin for the perfection....

cheers

G