• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP15400 Comparative Review - OMF v JF

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I read somewhere that the supplier of OMF and JF bracelets is the same. Of course this is not official information. But I would go JF of course. I actually prefer mine on the leather strap. :)

Yeah, strap all the way =) specially if it's in RG. It would be a quick tell if you handover your 15400 to anyone with a GEN of this model because of the weight =)

Reactions: Rolemars

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Yeah, strap all the way =) specially if it's in RG. It would be a quick tell if you handover your 15400 to anyone with a GEN of this model because of the weight =)

Hahaha wanna exchange a strap with me for the Bracelet?? Hahahahaha

Sent from the RWI App

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Haha. So I emailed Li from JTime. He said JF and ARF are out for the moment now, just said they’re in some trouble... not raid. Hopefully they’re alright and come back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi guys, I’m sorry to be a bit lazy with readings and digging search, but where can I send my watch to for thinning case if I’m in US???

dalp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
Wonderful, detailed and informative review thank you OP! One of the best I’ve read in a long while.

@atozzotas
The OMF dial emulates the 2018/2019 J/K series dial (though not 100%) and the JF dial emulates the 2015-2017 H/I dial colors (at least 2-3 different shades in the gen). Both are correct in their own ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understood that, in the genuine version, there is a different color of blue on the basis of the year of production? thanks for the explanations.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understood that, in the genuine version, there is a different color of blue on the basis of the year of production? thanks for the explanations.

You understand correctly. There are at least 3 shades of blue on the gen 15400 depending on series that I’ve seen. There could be more but my knowledge is not all-encompassing.

Reactions: Allure and dalp

Naughtylus

18/4/19
So finally made the order with Li two weeks ago for the RG bracelet, and because of oct 1st, so finally got it today! Pics coming

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Love the bracelet so much. Didn’t realize it was difficult to swap from the leather strap, I tried it at home with the kit they sent along.... got a few scratches on the case now :( took it to the watchsmitch to size it for me, guess it was so smooth he thought it was a real one and told me not to screw it up cuz it’s a great watch haha

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Any watchsmith worth his salt will be able to tell that the watch is rep, from the lack of weight on the rep, the poor movement decoration and of course all the other tells.

But I do agree with you that it’s a nice looking watch. Nothing with being an AP or looking very different from one but a cool novelty piece on the wrist all the same. Congrats and wear it well!

Reactions: Allure

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Is the picture wrong or is the bracelet wrongly mounted? The AP logo should be "normal" and not on the head? :D

Reactions: Rolemars

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Wrongly mounted! Need to take it back to the jeweler to reinstall it!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Any watchsmith worth his salt will be able to tell that the watch is rep, from the lack of weight on the rep, the poor movement decoration and of course all the other tells.

But I do agree with you that it’s a nice looking watch. Nothing with being an AP or looking very different from one but a cool novelty piece on the wrist all the same. Congrats and wear it well!

Yes, sir. I shouldn’t really got over my head and said that... I went to a jeweler to have him resize it for me... I wonder if he knows, or he was saying it regardless knowing it’s a rep haha

Sent from the RWI App