• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP15400 Comparative Review - OMF v JF

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you for this comparison. JF still barely wins IMO. If only I could find a new gen blue dial. :)
Now I see why the OMF print seems better, it's using plates for all the minute indices. :p

Reactions: legend

dat231

Horology Curious
19/6/19
Great review !!!
i just wonder why they both use Rose gold rotor why gen use yellow gold rotor (from the photos i saw) ???

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Great review !!!
i just wonder why they both use Rose gold rotor why gen use yellow gold rotor (from the photos i saw) ???

It’s a little known tell for rep rotors and you’re the only guy to point it out in a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and dat231

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Great post.

I love to hate OMF but look like they made one sigle nice rep.

How AR compare bwetween both?

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Great post.

I love to hate OMF but look like they made one sigle nice rep.

How AR compare bwetween both?

The blending of these reps has been done, but I wonder what the ideal recipe of parts would be based on this write-up?

leonardoo.dc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/19
Great review!
Contains all the information you need :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I’m looking to get a RG bracelet... should I go for OMF or JF??? I have the JF v5 (black dial) RG with leather strap right now!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m looking to get a RG bracelet... should I go for OMF or JF??? I have the JF v5 (black dial) RG with leather strap right now!

If you already own the JF, what’s stopping you from intuitively getting a JF bracelet to go with the watch?
It’s not like the OMF one will be made of solid gold or be so good that it will need to be placed on a pedestal to be worshipped.

So the question here is: what makes you think the OMF bracelet will be much better than the JF one, or whats stopping you from getting a JF one for a perfect fitment and color match?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

If you already own the JF, what’s stopping you from intuitively getting a JF bracelet to go with the watch?
It’s not like the OMF one will be made of solid gold or be so good that it will need to be placed on a pedestal to be worshipped.

So the question here is: what makes you think the OMF bracelet will be much better than the JF one, or whats stopping you from getting a JF one for a perfect fitment and color match?

Reactions: Allure

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

Since you're getting a RG Bracelet. I suggest go for the Factory of your watch which is JF.

You might never know, there's a chance that the coloration of the RG in OMF is different from JF.

So there you go, IMO go for JF since you have a AP 15400 from JF =)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I read somewhere that the supplier of OMF and JF bracelets is the same. Of course this is not official information. But I would go JF of course. I actually prefer mine on the leather strap. :)

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I read somewhere that the supplier of OMF and JF bracelets is the same. Of course this is not official information. But I would go JF of course. I actually prefer mine on the leather strap. :)

They might be the same supplier but they are attached at the end link differently.

Naughtylus

18/4/19

It seems that both have their pros and cons and you guys always have great advice! I did consider the color differences, but just wanted to check with you guys to see which one is the best...

And the JF bracelet, IMO is a bit too expensive for just the bracelet! It’s 1/3 of the watch itself... so wanted to see if you guys have opinion on whether JF or OMF is better.... I’m also looking for a second hand bracelet if anyone has it.... so glad the site is back!!!

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It seems that both have their pros and cons and you guys always have great advice! I did consider the color differences, but just wanted to check with you guys to see which one is the best...

And the JF bracelet, IMO is a bit too expensive for just the bracelet! It’s 1/3 of the watch itself... so wanted to see if you guys have opinion on whether JF or OMF is better.... I’m also looking for a second hand bracelet if anyone has it.... so glad the site is back!!!

Sent from the RWI App

Someone in this thread mentioned that the JF and OMF bracelets have the same supplier. I am inclined to agree. Try the JF one anyway. It is my opinion that both will be on par in terms of quality.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Someone in this thread mentioned that the JF and OMF bracelets have the same supplier. I am inclined to agree. Try the JF one anyway. It is my opinion that both will be on par in terms of quality.

Yes! Might wait a bit... save up some then spend some... waiting patiently for a used one... but, also feel like having ants under my feet waiting to buy one... the struggle... ????????????

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes! Might wait a bit... save up some then spend some... waiting patiently for a used one... but, also feel like having ants under my feet waiting to buy one... the struggle... ????????????

Sent from the RWI App

I'll suggest you kill the ants then, and be patient lol