• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Bumblebee stolen :(

Legion

2/3/15
Was mugged last night in London and had my franken Bumblebee (originally bought from QueTip ) stolen off my wrist.
had 2 guys jump me as I walked out of a bar in the middle of a busy area.

Needless to say I'm going to miss that watch.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Fucking hell. I am sad to hear this. I hope you are fine mate??

Reactions: littowun

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Franken Bumblebee stolen ????

That totally sucks. I hope you are otherwise okay? Watches can be replaced, your well-being is priceless. Having said that I hope they get what’s coming to them. Could they have been stalking you for your watch?

Last edited:

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Was mugged last night in London and had my franken Bumblebee (originally bought from QueTip ) stolen off my wrist.
had 2 guys jump me as I walked out of a bar in the middle of a busy area.

Needless to say I'm going to miss that watch.

Wow, sorry to hear... I assumed the Bumble bee out of most of the AP's was quite low key because of the all black look and not out there like Stainless steel, titanium , gold or diamond. Quite common with Rolex watches as quite identifiable/well known also watches with diamonds ... They must actually know about watches or been watching and planned. Maybe even didn't intend to take that but went for the watch... That's crazy , at least you're all good ....

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m sorry to hear about your plight, and am glad you made it out of the unfortunate incident ok!
The bee is a low key watch which looks frivolous, so the guys must have known what it was, or at least be familiar with the brand.
If you’re able to identify any distinguishing feature we can help you spot it if and when it pops up for sale, I doubt the fools know it’s a franken. Hopefully that can lead you to the assailants and thieves.
I do feel for you, I had my gen Rolex 116520 daytona taken from me in a similar fashion in Bangkok about 12 years back and I could only count myself lucky to have walked away from it.
You can get another franken or even gen, but your well-being is priceless always. I’m glad once again that you’re ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balkanboy

Horology Curious
28/6/18
Very unfortunate incident. Another reason for leaving the Gen at home for nighttime activities. Watches get taken all the time in robberies like this and I am not aware of insurance that covers this.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Bloody hell. If you find something about your watch, keep us posted, we’re here to help.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
wow that sux , hope you are OK though ...

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Ahh, that’s shit! Where in London mate? Young guys? As you probably know, I guess you can yourself Lucky to not have been injured for it, given the way things are here at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
terrible news, glad you are ok.
I have always been a little wary of wearing my watches in some scenarios, and on a recent trip to cuba, I decided to take my Seiko beater rather than my more noticeable stuff.
its a sad state when you have to be thinking like this.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I'm glad you were not harmed. The reason i got into reps is exactly what happened to you. And then when I saw they still might stab you for it i decided not to wear any in certain cities. London for a start unless I'm out with group of guys and it covered with a sleeve or something. Take care of yourself mate.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
I’m really sorry for you. Unfortunately too much bad people in our world.

Important that you are fine.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Sorry to hear about your misfortune...
Like all Bros mentioned, most important thing is that you are unhurt in this incident.