• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Bumblebee stolen :(

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you are okay.

I just read that there has been a dramatic increase in planned robberies where high end watches is the target in Sweden.

It appears that they know where the victims live since many of the robberies happened when they were entering or leaving their homes.

Legion

2/3/15
Thank you very much to everyone for the moral boost / replies / etc.

I completely agree and am grateful that I got to walk/limp away without a stab wound or worse.
I grew up an a poor country, where killing is normal, so I count myself lucky. A watch is just a material good that can always be replaced.

​​​​​​I am fortunate enough to own various gens, which I rotate daily. This masterpiece was right up there with the gens I own.
just makes us all appreciate the fact that we get to wear such beauties.

​​​​​For now i'm back on my favourite quartz gen : D1 Milano. Let's call it a AP homage..takes a beating and doesn't show a scratch

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
I’m sorry for what happened to you, hope you're well!

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Very sorry to hear that mate, as others have said the best thing is you’re fine but it is incredibly disheartening there are people out there like this!

I can relate as the same thing happened to me in March, leaving a pub after the England Croatia game at Wembley, approached by 4 of them, one grabbed me whilst the other, the leader wearing gold grills (subtle)..shouted give me your watch or we’ll stab you. Now, odds of none of them carrying a knife in the Wembley area was slim to nil so obviously it was handed straight over. The only silver lining is when I play out the scenario of them getting a slap when trying to sell a fake to their “elders”. Sorry state this country is in!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Watches get taken all the time in robberies like this and I am not aware of insurance that covers this.
Why on earth would insurance not cover a stolen gen? If yo have been told that you need to change your broker.

Reactions: stufuse

Legion

2/3/15
Insurance definitely will cover a gen stolen.
make sure they are put down as named items on your policy.