• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500 by OM is out.

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
Dial looks awful (minute markers at 12, 3, 6, 9 are wrong, AP logo also off), and the case back even worst (the movement is too small).

The case back will be always a tell unless they clone the new movement of AP. They use normally a miyota which is smaller in diameter than the current new movement of AP:

GEN

ap-royal-oak-15500-versus-152202
ap-royal-oak-15500-versus-152202
AP-Royal-Oak-Selfwinding-41mm.008.jpg

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not bad for a first attempt considering it’s awkward to rep this model in the first place. I guess they do need to improve a few things but honestly it isn’t as bad as I imagined the v1 will be.
I doubt JF or whatever F can replicate the movement deco nicely as long as they continue to use the miyota, but the good news is that movement decos cannot be seen when watch is worn on the wrist.
I know of at least 3-4 of you who owns the gen 15500. Shame on y’all for not sharing your wrist shots! You know who you are lol

Hello.
62e567b9926d0ff02ce1e417151110f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
OMF rushes every release without proper QC... the bezel screws look like butter and so does the engraving on the crown...

...even if the watch is not for everyone ZF and JF can manage to get the over all look on the wrist decent.

shouldnt be too difficult to be better than OMF... just look at their Omegas...

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
OMF rushes every release without proper QC... the bezel screws look like butter and so does the engraving on the crown...

...even if the watch is not for everyone ZF and JF can manage to get the over all look on the wrist decent.

shouldnt be too difficult to be better than OMF... just look at their Omegas...

"Nuff said" :)

N0tail_

1/6/17
Is the price correct ($8,800) or was that in pesos?

Price is there as a place holder until the TD can actually source the watch for customers. At the moment they're just showing that the OMF 15500 is ready or nearing mass production stage to attract potential buyers,

Last edited:

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Price is there as a place holder until the TD can actually source the watch for customers. At the moment they're just showing that the OMF 15500 is ready or nearing mass production stage to attract potential buyers,

Ah, thanks.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Hope that dial gets fixed, I actually want this model more than my 15400 now

But the first dial pics look terribel :(

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hopefully the parts will be compatible so I can mod myself a "better" version

Any pictures out from ZF yet?

ZF pics? JF pics?
Not interested sir. If I want to see how a 15500 should look I’ll just look at mine lol. Look at the 15400. Multiple iterations and all still wrong and imperfect. If JF has the v5 it tells me they got it wrong 4 times before and still isn’t getting it right.

But seriously, I’m guessing that you have to once again combine parts from different makers to make a better rep. That’s the way the rep game has been and I do not expect any breakthrough for the 15500 rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure