Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

AP 15500 by OM is out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP 15500 by OM is out.

Ok, so we see the first 15500 are popping out on the market. OM seems to be the first factory with the release.

what do you guys think?

http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?m...ducts_id=20231
    WTB: JF AP Diver parts: White Miyota datewheel, white face and diver’s ring. PM me if you have one.

Dial looks awful (minute markers at 12, 3, 6, 9 are wrong, AP logo also off), and the case back even worst (the movement is too small).

The case back will be always a tell unless they clone the new movement of AP. They use normally a miyota which is smaller in diameter than the current new movement of AP:

GEN

Last edited by jamingui; 10-07-19, 13:37.

Comment

bezel screws like OMFG!

Comment

Better wait for a jf/zf release

Comment

yikes

Comment

Not bad for a first attempt considering it’s awkward to rep this model in the first place. I guess they do need to improve a few things but honestly it isn’t as bad as I imagined the v1 will be.
            I doubt JF or whatever F can replicate the movement deco nicely as long as they continue to use the miyota, but the good news is that movement decos cannot be seen when watch is worn on the wrist.
            I know of at least 3-4 of you who owns the gen 15500. Shame on y’all for not sharing your wrist shots! You know who you are lol

Hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too thick at 11mm. OM's 15400 has a 10.5mm thickness, they could've done it here as well.

Comment

Mr A, you never disappoint! Thats stunning!!
                Time is precious. Plan it wisely

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
                  Too thick at 11mm. OM's 15400 has a 10.5mm thickness, they could've done it here as well.
                  15400 omf is given for 10.7mm (data from td website)

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
                    Yes it’s ridiculous why they have to make this thicker when it uses exactly the same movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OMF rushes every release without proper QC... the bezel screws look like butter and so does the engraving on the crown...

...even if the watch is not for everyone ZF and JF can manage to get the over all look on the wrist decent.

shouldnt be too difficult to be better than OMF... just look at their Omegas...

Comment

Originally posted by BIONONE View Post
                        OMF rushes every release without proper QC... the bezel screws look like butter and so does the engraving on the crown...

...even if the watch is not for everyone ZF and JF can manage to get the over all look on the wrist decent.

shouldnt be too difficult to be better than OMF... just look at their Omegas...
                        "Nuff said"

Comment

Is the price correct ($8,800) or was that in pesos?

Comment

Originally posted by greenwrist View Post
                            Is the price correct ($8,800) or was that in pesos?
                            Price is there as a place holder until the TD can actually source the watch for customers. At the moment they're just showing that the OMF 15500 is ready or nearing mass production stage to attract potential buyers,
                            Last edited by N0tail_; 16-07-19, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by N0tail_ View Post

Price is there as a place holder until the TD can actually source the watch for customers. At the moment they're just showing that the OMF 15500 is ready or nearing mass production stage to attract potential buyers,
                              Ah, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X