• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
As I told in a previous post, it seems to me that bracelet became smoother in recent ZF version.
Here how the disassembled bracelet is positioned:
ZfuLUn.jpg

But not only roses and flowers on this ZF. The finiture of the underside case is something pitiful shit. Fortunately this part is largely covered by case back...

Who knows what it will be like tomorrow, without the high-end machineries Chinese cops confiscated to them
:hehehe:

ZfuIXP.jpg

Last edited:

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
Wow....its so beautiful! I am sure it looks more stunning in actual. Can share which factory and anything else u did to the watch besides the above stated?

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

The base watch is the ZF 15500! And yes, the pictures hardly do it justice.

All mods/installation were performed by Legend

- Midcase Brushing to gen-like finish
- Improved finish on the hands
- Bracelet Brushing
- Gen Dial

Obviously, the gen dial is the centerpiece of this watch - AP keeps very strict watch over its parts, so they’re hard to come by. I can honestly say that the dial/finish makes this a super-rep on the wrist

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

- Bracelet Brushing
- Gen Dial

Obviously, the gen dial is the centerpiece of this watch - AP keeps very strict watch over its parts, so they’re hard to come by. I can honestly say that the dial/finish makes this a super-rep on the wrist

Wow you managed to find a gen 15500 dial! Congrats mate, well done and enjoy your beautiful franken

Jasian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/21

- Bracelet Brushing
- Gen Dial

Thanks Atmosphere. Enjoy your watch ! The same grandmaster is helping me with almost the exact same franken as yours except its a black dial 15400. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

- Bracelet Brushing
- Gen Dial

Is it a big difference between gen and stock black dial?

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
Is it a big difference between gen and stock black dial?

The short answer: yes.

First of all, ZF really performed some amazing work with the 15500. The case and dial dimensions are pretty spot-on.

As always, the devil’s in the details. The pattiseries on the Gen Dial are almost “metallic” in sunlight, while remaining semi-matte while indoors. There’s “pointilism” style dots in between the pattiseries that allow the gen to catch the light in a way that the rep cant.

In comparison, the rep dial looks “plastic” in comparison to the gen. It’s a bit darker than the gen, it’s matte, and the pattiserie squares are a bit smaller. The dial markers appear to be a bit thicker on the rep.

It’s not an insane difference and it’s hard to capture via photo, but it’s noticeable and feels completely different wearing the franken outside.

I tried to capture this in a couple pics:
(the rep has a prof 2x AR crystal that isn’t “genlike” but makes it more clear)

ZFmOK1.jpg
ZFmqNv.jpg
ZFmoBK.jpg

Last edited:

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
The short answer: yes.

First of all, ZF really performed some amazing work with the 15500. The case and dial dimensions are pretty spot-on.

As always, the devil’s in the details. The pattiseries on the Gen Dial are almost “metallic” in sunlight, while remaining semi-matte while indoors. There’s “pointilism” style dots in between the pattiseries that allow the gen to catch the light in a way that the rep cant.

In comparison, the rep dial looks “plastic” in comparison to the gen. It’s a bit darker than the gen, it’s matte, and the pattiserie squares are a bit smaller. The dial markers appear to be a bit thicker on the rep.

It’s not an insane difference and it’s hard to capture via photo, but it’s noticeable and feels completely different wearing the franken outside.

I tried to capture this in a couple pics:
(the rep has a prof 2x AR crystal that isn’t “genlike” but makes it more clear)

ZFmOK1.jpg
ZFmqNv.jpg
ZFmoBK.jpg

legend

And (as always), Legend is correct when he talks about how wrong the 2x AR crystal looks on an AP.

There’s a seamless, sleek UFO quality to APs that’s lost with a 2x AR crystal. See the below comparison on the wrist.

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks Atmosphere for the detailed review and analysis.

Just FYI the word that you're looking for is tapisserie, or tapestry in English. Patisserie means pastry or cakes ;) Sorry, I mean this in the most benevolent way, I just found that it was a cute and funny confusion ;)

​​​​​

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS

Just FYI the word that you're looking for is tapisserie, or tapestry in English. Patisserie means pastry or cakes ;) Sorry, I mean this in the most benevolent way, I just found that it was a cute and funny confusion ;)

​​​​​

Hahahah no, thank you! Clear evidence that I’m not sticking to my summer diet plan. Leaving it as “Patisserie” for humor’s sake.

Cheers!

Reactions: Sonofalich

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Great work by Legend. We're all waiting for his dial modification project to complete!

it will be good to see how close it will be to the gen dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

​​​​​

Really? I am really annoyed at you now T. Have been telling you how sweet the patisserie looked on the AP and all you did was giggle like a lovelorn schoolgirl. :legend:

Reactions: Allure

Tobel

6/7/17
Really? I am really annoyed at you now T. Have been telling you how sweet the patisserie looked on the AP and all you did was giggle like a lovelorn schoolgirl. :legend:

Ahaha. They do look very sweet, but you'll have to admit that at that price it's a very expensive pastry :D
where have your hyenas gone by the way??

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ahaha. They do look very sweet, but you'll have to admit that at that price it's a very expensive pastry :D
where have your hyenas gone by the way??

That soundrel SHB hijacked my hyenas and I had to have a new one made for me to use lol.
Take care and keep safe my friend!

Reactions: Allure and SHB

Tobel

6/7/17
That soundrel SHB hijacked my hyenas and I had to have a new one made for me to use lol.
Take care and keep safe my friend!

SHB ? Oh yes he's the worst! :hehehe:

The new emoji is pretty cool too, don't worry ;)

You too my friend!

Reactions: SHB