• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Whats wrong with you..? I have seen this coment before from you. Why so angry? Shill out bro.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

There are guys who are always angry.
Let’s just ignore them and enjoy the community. AP doesn’t have to stand for “Angry People” :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
There are guys who are always angry.
Let’s just ignore them and enjoy the community. AP doesn’t have to stand for “Angry People” :hehehe:

I don't know about AP but I know about AB :D

Reactions: legend

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
So, my ZF AP 15500 white dial arrived a couple of days ago. Lovely looking watch.

But.....

That rotor is sooooo loud. I've seen the threads about applying oil, but having read the instructions, I'm certain I will make a real mess of this.

Who do people recommend to send this to in the UK to silence, or at least quieten, the rotor noise?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So, my ZF AP 15500 white dial arrived a couple of days ago. Lovely looking watch.

But.....

That rotor is sooooo loud. I've seen the threads about applying oil, but having read the instructions, I'm certain I will make a real mess of this.

Who do people recommend to send this to in the UK to silence, or at least quieten, the rotor noise?

Thanks in advance.

Contact ado213 .

Pippo9

17/11/16
Brilliant, thanks. I've sent him a message.

Of all the reps I've owned and of all the minor flaws, this noisy spinning rotor is probably the most frustrating thing I've come across (and also the most obvious).

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
My ZF 15500 on the timegrapher during QC was +0 seconds a day. Better than gen.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Brilliant, thanks. I've sent him a message.

Of all the reps I've owned and of all the minor flaws, this noisy spinning rotor is probably the most frustrating thing I've come across (and also the most obvious).

But thankfully one of the easiest to fix

JnkTfk

Looking Around
25/9/20
Singapore
Got my watch last week from legend. Well what can I say, he brought the rep to another level entirely.

Mods done:
1. Movement service and rotor silencing.
2. Polishing the hands due to some imperfections.
3. Bevel and polishing of bracelet and case.

Bracelet feels amazing now. No more rough edges and definitely more comfortable to wear.

Photos don't do his work justice.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Got my watch last week from legend. Well what can I say, he brought the rep to another level entirely.

Mods done:
1. Movement service and rotor silencing.
2. Polishing the hands due to some imperfections.
3. Bevel and polishing of bracelet and case.

Bracelet feels amazing now. No more rough edges and definitely more comfortable to wear.

Photos don't do his work justice.

Thank you W please wear her well, it’s a beauty indeed. Your bracelet seemed to be from a newer batch and of better quality than the initial batches I worked on. It was a better base to start with and understandably you ended up with something better than the predecessing bracelets.

Reactions: Allure

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
What were the imperfections in the hands that had to be polished out?

Addy

4/11/20
I received my 15,500 but can't adjust the strap. I unscrewed two halves and removed two links, but any of the other three links will not unscrew. Any ideas?

Addy

4/11/20
I received my 15,500 but can't adjust the strap. I unscrewed two halves and removed two links, but any of the other three links will not unscrew. Any ideas?

Like a bolt glued from the inside. I don't know how to unscrew it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Like a bolt glued from the inside. I don't know how to unscrew it.

OK 3 easy steps
1. unscrew the screw cap, and once that is done...
2. unfold a paper clip (or yes use a pin pusher like what gilrob said) and push the end out from the OTHER end (the one without the screw cap).
3. Say "yes, that was easy!" after you are done.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
OK 3 easy steps
1. unscrew the screw cap, and once that is done...
2. unfold a paper clip (or yes use a pin pusher like what gilrob said) and push the end out from the OTHER end (the one without the screw cap).
3. Say "yes, that was easy!" after you are done.

Help. I broke my movement using your tutorial. Now there's a big hole in the dial. How do I fix that? :lol: :qtip2:

Reactions: legend

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Help. I broke my movement using your tutorial. Now there's a big hole in the dial. How do I fix that? :lol: :qtip2:

duct tape thats very important then leave in rice for 24 hours and finally in the sun for 12 hours and it should solve this issue :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
duct tape thats very important then leave in rice for 24 hours and finally in the sun for 12 hours and it should solve this issue :D

What he needs is obviously bringing the watch to APSC for a polish and all will be good. I wish that your advice could be more sound and responsible. We definitely do not want everything to believe that duct tape solves every problem in the world. Or rice for that matter. We know one is crucial for kidnap and the other useful when preparing risotto.

Reactions: Allure