• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Uppdated decorated movment is says.. but i dont know if its somthing more to
5003adca33a54f949405b5d38e1c10f3.png

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

thanks for the reply, will be looking forward to the comparsion pictures between the V1 - V2 decoration wise since my newbie eyes sure dont see any difference off the bat

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
if you dont mind i would like to know what changes has come in the V2, i know you guys share alot of knowledge / expertise in the AP field
I don't see any notable updates from the quick glance I just took.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19

i appreciate ur reply, something that catched my eye which they could had updated which they clearly did not is those gears in the top part of the rep, which they hopefully relocate near the crown in the future to be more "gen" like

Last edited:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

Yeah same for me. Its hard to se any differens on the pictures. You need to see them side buy side

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

N0tail_

1/6/17
Is it me or did they change the colour tone of the dials too? (ZF 15500 'V2'). The grey & blue dials look much darker than normal but it could just be the lighting..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend QueTip

if you dont mind i would like to know what changes has come in the V2, i know you guys share alot of knowledge / expertise in the AP field

https://puretimewatch.io/ap2020120202.html

Like Quetip I see no meaningful difference between this and the v1 by casual observation. It honestly does not matter if the movement decoration has been updated or not, the miyota 9015 and the cal.4302 are entirely different movements and it is always a tell for those who know, within 3 seconds of looking at the caseback.

I cannot comment on the dial colors from pics as it can be misleading from pics alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Is it me or did they change the colour tone of the dials too? (ZF 15500 'V2'). The grey & blue dials look much darker than normal but it could just be the lighting..

I think lighting from what the pictures show. V1 pictures were shot brighter iirc. Low lighting will make it look like that.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Can I know your concern with the crown position? I see no discernible position disparity with the gen.

i explained my self poorly what i mean is that on the gen the 2 gears are located on the crown side of the watch and not at the top which we see on the rep, if that makes sense or i can try to visual show what i mean :thinking:

Last edited:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
i explained my self poorly what i mean is that on the gen the 2 gears are located on the crown side of the watch and not at the top which we see on the rep, if that makes sense or i can try to visual show what i mean :thinking:
Anything around the deco doesn't make much sense anyway imho since someone in the know will be able to tell the difference between the decorated miyota and a gen cal in a matter of seconds.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Anything around the deco doesn't make much sense anyway imho since someone in the know will be able to tell the difference between the decorated miyota and a gen cal in a matter of seconds.

1.6 seconds for you bro, 3.58 seconds for me. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
1.6 seconds for you bro, 3.58 seconds for me. :hehehe:
Other way around more like it bro. :p

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
you guys are adorable and i agree that the backside of these reps and reps in general is an instant tell

Don’t fuss too much about the caseback. Unless they use a clone movement, the movement will always look different and finishing will always look off. Just enjoy the watch the way it’s meant to be enjoyed: on the wrist.
If you need to admire the caliber and details, gen is the only way to go.