• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It looks slightly (like 1-1.5 degrees) rotated to the left. It's hard to tell what you're saying with your weird MSPaint circles though, lol
ZeW322.png

Oh, so let’s get the good old photoshop out for the straight lines.. Lol. You guys are pathetic. Have you ever held a watch, let alone an AP in your hands?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It looks slightly (like 1-1.5 degrees) rotated to the left. It's hard to tell what you're saying with your weird MSPaint circles though, lol
I understand you were only responding to the question asked by someone else, but you need to understand this is a REP and drawing lines or circles or laser beams to micro alignment is just not encouraged.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Down_under has been handing out boxes of Kleenex recently. I suggest you reach out to him, he may have some left for you.

Lol. Don’t think a box is sufficient. Also he will need some emotional counseling. Guy is just dumb as a doorknob and twice as stupid. :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Lol. Don’t think a box is sufficient. Also he will need some emotional counseling. Guy is just dumb as a doorknob and twice as stupid. :hehehe:

Lol. The good thing he did is to show that the Qc pic is taken at an angle so how does that affect the misalignment of 1-1.5 degree? Exactly. But some people rather jump to crazy conclusions before they double check angles or other alignments such as datewheel etc. :qtip2:

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
I don’t know why all the fuss. Can we just talk about that stuff without any emotion.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Lol. The good thing he did is to show that the Qc pic is taken at an angle so how does that affect the misalignment of 1-1.5 degree? Exactly. But some people rather jump to crazy conclusions before they double check angles or other alignments such as datewheel etc. :qtip2:

Well you know how some noobs come on and draw grids on QC pics and proclaim themselves as AP gurus despite never handling one in real life.
It’s entertaining to say the least Q but I guess jumping to (the wrong) conclusions , running their mouth (with acute dumbness) and raising (non existent) issues are the only exercises they get. So go easy. Reddit is apparently the learning institution for horology experts these days :qtip2:

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
ah fuck this cancerous forum

If this is cancerous, you should give a virgous forum a try. Seems like you might be a better fit there.
I've said it before: most societies have managed to insidiously nurture a culture of offense. A lot of folks get easily triggered, feel microaggressed. We lost our stamina, our courage became brittle and our sense of resilience went to dust somewhere along the way.
And as if this were not enough, one of our most fundamental tools, the ability to apply common sense, seems to have eroded to almost extinction.
If one feels the urge to draw elaborated grid patterns and put on display rather photoshopian than logic skills in order to ascertain (or dismiss) the symmetry of an (possibly not even perfectly frontal) image of a $500 watch (which, btw, does a great job at challenging its $20/30k counterpart) then I feel like my case is rested.
Under the above premises, no watch forum will help. I would humbly refer the OP to the Adobe community.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If this is cancerous, you should give a virgous forum a try. Seems like you might be a better fit there.
I've said it before: most societies have managed to insidiously nurture a culture of offense. A lot of folks get easily triggered, feel microaggressed. We lost our stamina, our courage became brittle and our sense of resilience went to dust somewhere along the way.
And as if this were not enough, one of our most fundamental tools, the ability to apply common sense, seems to have eroded to almost extinction.
If one feels the urge to draw elaborated grid patterns and put on display rather photoshopian than logic skills in order to ascertain (or dismiss) the symmetry of an (possibly not even perfectly frontal) image of a $500 watch (which, btw, does a great job at challenging its $20/30k counterpart) then I feel like my case is rested.
Under the above premises, no watch forum will help. I would humbly refer the OP to the Adobe community.

He's long gone bro lol.
The "gurus" from Reddit exhibit common behavior, getting extremely butthurt when they do not get the accolades they got on reddit heaped upon them here. :hehehe:

repreg123

7/8/19
So its been about a month that I can call this black dialed beauty my own, and I must say I'm impressed. It's my first AP and I find it to be absolutely stunning.

The two major "flaws" I'm experiencing are the very sharp edges on the bracelet and the quite audible Rotor noise.

For the edges I was thinking of asking my goldsmith to break them, I can't imagine the gen bracelet to feel so sharp.

But I have no idea about the rotor noise? Does the real caliber sound like that or is it a tell? What mod would you recommend to fix it?
I have experience with gen Breitling and Rolex, but not with AP so please excuse my ignorance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So its been about a month that I can call this black dialed beauty my own, and I must say I'm impressed. It's my first AP and I find it to be absolutely stunning.

The two major "flaws" I'm experiencing are the very sharp edges on the bracelet and the quite audible Rotor noise.

For the edges I was thinking of asking my goldsmith to break them, I can't imagine the gen bracelet to feel so sharp.

But I have no idea about the rotor noise? Does the real caliber sound like that or is it a tell? What mod would you recommend to fix it?
I have experience with gen Breitling and Rolex, but not with AP so please excuse my ignorance.

I own 4 gen Royal Oaks, including 2x 15500. The bracelet edges are not consistent with regard to the sharpness. One feels sharper than the other but these are subjective as you can clearly understand.
The cal. 4302 is relatively quiet but remember that no mechanical watch can be totally silent, it is a matter of degree of noise, but definitely a lot quieter than any miyota, which can produce hollow whirring or rattly sounds on demand consistently. My gen 5711 (new and unworn but already 2 years old) sounds a lot noisier, and can be noisy when shaken, much like the miyota.
It is up to you how much sound you can tolerate, but the gen 4302 isn't noisy for me, at least not yet.
The two flaws you mentioned are legit, but can be easily addressed by any modder.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I looked at a pic on AP site. The dial looks okay to me. If it is off it's so minuscule no one will notice. Oud have to REALLY look. However your 4 o"lock bezel screw is rotated roughly .0537mm to the right...????

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I think that you need to be more accurate if wish to comment like that. The screw is definitely off but no more than 0.049610mm to the right. But then again, this balances with the screw near 8 which is 0.046371mm to the left, so hey, lets not nitpick.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
DAMN !!! You're right.!! I should have put my glasses on before i posted.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Well it’s ok you were less than 0.01mm off but you know how it’s very important for each of us to buy a laser grid machine and an atomic clock and use them for every set of QC pics for a $500 replica watch. It is inconceivable for anyone to accept QC pics without these.

Or we can all be slightly more forgiving toward these reps and enjoy them for what they are. It’s a tough choice but one which needs to be made. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and QueTip