• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

sandman42

Horology Curious
29/6/20
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my 15500 from Andrew and only have amazing reviews about working with him. If anyone is looking for a TD, I would highly recommend him!

As for the watch, it is stunning. I have owned a few gen Royal Oak's and this one is pretty close!

I am going to have a few modifications done on it and wanted to get your opinions on what can be done to make this watch even more enhanced and "closer to gen" than it already is.

The basics which I understand from reading through the comments are silencing the rotor and refining the links. However, is there more to be done? Does the bezel or bevel need any updating? Does it need a 2xAR or is that not even on the gen model? Anything else?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my 15500 from Andrew and only have amazing reviews about working with him. If anyone is looking for a TD, I would highly recommend him!

As for the watch, it is stunning. I have owned a few gen Royal Oak's and this one is pretty close!

I am going to have a few modifications done on it and wanted to get your opinions on what can be done to make this watch even more enhanced and "closer to gen" than it already is.

The basics which I understand from reading through the comments are silencing the rotor and refining the links. However, is there more to be done? Does the bezel or bevel need any updating? Does it need a 2xAR or is that not even on the gen model? Anything else?

Gen APs don't have 2xar crystals

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi everyone,

For the 15500, it is an excellent out of the box rep.

What I have done (collectively on various reps)
- silence the rotor
- align and polish the bezel screws
- Align the markers and logo where necessary
- Bevel and polish the case and bracelet edges (for aesthetics and comfort)
- Realign the datewheel where necessary

Mostly refinements as opposed to major mods, as it is a very nice rep out of the box already.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Sorry.. posted in wrong thread...
Back on Topic, love the 15500 so much so I'm tempted to get another...

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
But peeps still spending money for useless mods just for get the rep dial "pop" better lol.

To each their own. I'm sure a 2xar crystal makes the dial look great. But if you're looking for accuracy to gen then its not a mod you want to get done

Reactions: QueTip and SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
To each their own. I'm sure a 2xar crystal makes the dial look great. But if you're looking for accuracy to gen then its not a mod you want to get done

As you said.

Anyway, ootb theses zf are good enough and don't needs more mods ( from my point of view )

Last edited:

sandman42

Horology Curious
29/6/20
For the 15500, it is an excellent out of the box rep.

What I have done (collectively on various reps)
- silence the rotor
- align and polish the bezel screws
- Align the markers and logo where necessary
- Bevel and polish the case and bracelet edges (for aesthetics and comfort)
- Realign the datewheel where necessary

Mostly refinements as opposed to major mods, as it is a very nice rep out of the box already.

Thank you!

Looking forward to posting before and after pictures soon!

Marco94

Looking Around
29/8/20
I received the ZF 15500 in blue earlier this week - total stunner in person!

I am having some issues with the movement itself though. The rotor gets stuck in a certain position, but some of the time it works. I can hand wind it just fine. Anyone else experience this type of issue as well? I haven't really come across it from browsing this thread and other places.

JnkTfk

Looking Around
25/9/20
Singapore
Hi everyone, first time posting here.
Just got my QC pics from PT for my 15500. One thing that I noticed is that the dial seems to be slightly rotated to the left of the watch based on the screws alignment. Should I RL this or is this an easy fix? I am planning to get the watch serviced anyway when I got it.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Just got my QC pics from PT for my 15500. One thing that I noticed is that the dial seems to be slightly rotated to the left of the watch based on the screws alignment. Should I RL this or is this an easy fix? I am planning to get the watch serviced anyway when I got it.

You for real? :lol: :qtip2:

Reactions: saucin and Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Do you seriously even understand what you’re asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19

to my beginner eyes this looks really good and would accept in a heart beat, the DW looks really centered, thats juicy when its straight from the factory. :eek:hwell:

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13

Seems that the dial is not only slightly but tremendously rotated to 360 degrees.

srhoque

28/11/18

:picard:
Did you contact PT about this "issue"? This might explain why Angus hasn't posted anything lately....poor guy had to go on meds.

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria

Lol

Reboundless

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
It looks slightly (like 1-1.5 degrees) rotated to the left. It's hard to tell what you're saying with your weird MSPaint circles though, lol
ZeW322.png

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Could it be due to perspective of the photograph? Sometimes it’s just really hard to tell. But overall the watch looks OK To me