• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I had a Noob Daytona with a slightly crooked logo, every rep friendly watchmaker in London refused to correct it saying that it was only a small defect and they could potentially damage the dial when fixing it.

If it bothers you now, reject it.

Last edited:

GavinPD

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Thanks for all the comments, I went back on my original statement and based on the conscience I agree, I wouldn't expect this defect from any watch worth this much so why accept it on a rep and fix it in my own time. Fingers crossed for the next one!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the comments, I went back on my original statement and based on the conscience I agree, I wouldn't expect this defect from any watch worth this much so why accept it on a rep and fix it in my own time. Fingers crossed for the next one!

The one you had was fine, would have been barely noticeable on the wrist. Do keep us updated, I could do with a laugh, if I am indeed correct.

williajjc

Horology Curious
31/1/13
Hi. 1st post here in the forum. I’ve just ordered my 1st rep from JTime and awaiting QC pics for the Blue Dial 15500. Any tips on what I should be looking out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venniz

26/7/20
Hi. 1st post here in the forum. I’ve just ordered my 1st rep from JTime and awaiting QC pics for the Blue Dial 15500. Any tips on what I should be looking out for?

The watch.

duba

19/11/14
Hello. Can you guys tell me how bracelet links that can take off on the bracelet please? I bought used one and the asshole seller did not send me those links that he took off. I can't contact him anymore and I want to order links. Thanks in advance.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hello. Can you guys tell me how bracelet links that can take off on the bracelet please? I bought used one and the asshole seller did not send me those links that he took off. I can't contact him anymore and I want to order links. Thanks in advance.

Two question in one?

You want to know how to take off links from your bracelet?
Also you want to order links.

For remove links, use your screwdriver, then push the pin, links come out.

For additional links, TDs won't sell links (doubtful), your best luck is to place a WTB, or buy a bracelet from your preferred TD.

Last edited:

williajjc

Horology Curious
31/1/13
Just received my QC pics from JTime. As this is my first AP rep I need your help if this if the quality looks right on this. A few questions:

1. Does the polish or grain of the polish on the face and body look a bit off. As in hard?

2. Does the AP logo look correct to you? I think my eyes might be playing tricks with me.

3. It could just be the light and the plastic that’s still on the rep but it doesn’t look as “shiny”. Might just be the lack of lighting in the room.

4. Then lastly on the date wheel I think I’ll ask them to send QC pics of 23, 26 and 30 to make sure its not one of those DWs in one of the previous posts.

To your trained eyes does this look like a good rep to you? Other useful comments are welcome.

Tx.

a6020d948794bfa6ce2340b05270d7bf.jpg

f9ee53327f5e45b5f569656052159c18.jpg

8c9d4931e3348b191b4137b67be0c5ce.jpg

14d9714f7d8324f4cbcc59fefa20477b.jpg

62a59fc5d010deaa765aa5896881b0a8.jpg

2307c3f5a0825610a03d36ad6c1148e9.jpg

319d4619ca4ffd897a17b23388e2ad79.jpg

31b13221858df18f450234a951ac4739.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Just received my QC pics from JTime. As this is my first AP rep I need your help if this if the quality looks right on this. A few questions:

1. Does the polish or grain of the polish on the face and body look a bit off. As in hard?

2. Does the AP logo look correct to you? I think my eyes might be playing tricks with me.

3. It could just be the light and the plastic that’s still on the rep but it doesn’t look as “shiny”. Might just be the lack of lighting in the room.

4. Then lastly on the date wheel I think I’ll ask them to send QC pics of 23, 26 and 30 to make sure its not one of those DWs in one of the previous posts.

To your trained eyes does this look like a good rep to you? Other useful comments are welcome.

Tx.

It's fine. On all the points you listed, and the last point you can't ask for general feedback here. That's an easy accept. The date wheel is fine.

Hedgehog

Horology Curious
15/9/20
1st post on RWI, hello everyone! :)

I'm getting my 1st rep this week, it's the ZF 15500 black dial (REF. #15500ST.OO.1220ST.03) so hyped to get this watch, been a fan of the model for a long time!

Been researching into this thread and seeing how pleased everyone is with the model, may I ask what details should I look into to make sure it's the latest ZF model? And a sound unit in general.

I found this forum too late to order from a trusted seller, so I would like to make sure I am receiving what I paid for and what a lot of people on the thread are so pleased with.

Is there some tips & tricks some of you would like to share about this model, or some "do's and don'ts"?

Thanks!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I'm getting my 1st rep this week, it's the ZF 15500 black dial (REF. #15500ST.OO.1220ST.03) so hyped to get this watch, been a fan of the model for a long time!

Been researching into this thread and seeing how pleased everyone is with the model, may I ask what details should I look into to make sure it's the latest ZF model? And a sound unit in general.

I found this forum too late to order from a trusted seller, so I would like to make sure I am receiving what I paid for and what a lot of people on the thread are so pleased with.

Is there some tips & tricks some of you would like to share about this model, or some "do's and don'ts"?

Thanks!

Well, you could start by scrolling down to the bottom of this thread. Where it says:

Circled in red, is a number 1. Click that and have a read through. That is the best and only way, no-one here is going to spoon feed you. Go read.

Reactions: YellowFin and SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Well, you could start by scrolling down to the bottom of this thread. Where it says:

Circled in red, is a number 1. Click that and have a read through. That is the best and only way, no-one here is going to spoon feed you. Go read.

This :lovestruck:

Reactions: Sonofalich

Hedgehog

Horology Curious
15/9/20

Thanks!

Well, you could start by scrolling down to the bottom of this thread. Where it say...

Thank you for your contribution, it sure felt like added value. (not)

I started with reading through the thread and didn't find the answer so I asked, if someone decent does have some tips for a new ZF 15500 rep enthusiast I am all ears, thanks in advance!

Xilikon

20/8/19
Thank you for your contribution, it sure felt like added value. (not)

I started with reading through the thread and didn't find the answer so I asked, if someone decent does have some tips for a new ZF 15500 rep enthusiast I am all ears, thanks in advance!

If you read the whole thread here, you will have your answers.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Can you point to the post? Thx

Seems like a great community here..

I was relatively nice to you, but your subsequent posts just show not only what an entitled individual you are, but also your lack of intelligence. No-one here is going to do your work for you, there is a myriad of reasons. The primary one is that all replica watches carry flaws. We are all different as individuals, some people cannot live with hand flaws. Others, would prefer dial text to be more accurate. Others care about batons and hour markers.

YOU, and only YOU. Must do the research. It's why my first post told you to go to page 1 and read, you don't have to read every post. Skim them, find the information you need. Only you can decide, you can't cheat the learning process here. It takes most newbies a month to accumulate a decent background knowledge, and even now over a year into this game I'm still learning, as are most.

It is a great community, it's just that no-one will help you when you cannot be bothered to help yourself. I suggest you join Reddit, if you don't want to read forum posts then I think forums are not for you.

Read up some posts, come back, ask questions with actual substance. You will find I and others will be more than happy to help you. But coming here with an entitled attitude where you just want us to tell you all the answers isn't good for you, nor the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841