• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
hn9IXJ1
I just got a ZF 15500 wanted to know what are some mods I should look into. I am look
Ng4vVKl
ing into silencing the motor and waterproofing it. Some said an oil bath or prof glass?

Stock xtal is ok (for my taste)
You can work on the rotor noise and the bracelet can be baby oiled yes (please no wd40 lol)

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Can anyone provide the length of the case? From the point where the case starts and the bracelet starts. I am just wondering whether it would fit my 6,7 inch (17cm) wrist.

Xilikon

20/8/19
Can anyone provide the length of the case? From the point where the case starts and the bracelet starts. I am just wondering whether it would fit my 6,7 inch (17cm) wrist.

I measured mine and it's 50.5mm from end to end at the edge of the case where the bracelet is attached.

Reactions: raytron

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Thanks man. This seems pretty large for a tiny wrist like mine. Oh Boy, what to do ???? 15500 or 15202

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thanks man. This seems pretty large for a tiny wrist like mine. Oh Boy, what to do ???? 15500 or 15202

Get both and then decide when you have both and sell the other on. You'll recoup 95% of your costs (5% for shipping, which you can't on here). Best way imo.
Get black 15500 and XF 15202 or ZF just released.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Yea this might be the only good way. Honestly, I ll do it but I will wait with the 15202. The ZF was so promising to me but now they screwed it a little with the pinion.

trinder_hart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/20
Hey guys, just circling back after a few weeks of wear if the white / silver dial . Still a great piece for the price but the dial
texture and the way it reacts to light starting to bother a little. I think I was hoping for more of the sunburst texture and this was my error In Research. A great watch that has just made decide to go and try and purchase the gem! ;)

trinder_hart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/20
Hey guys, just circling back after a few weeks of wear if the white / silver dial . Still a great piece for the price but the dial
texture and the way it reacts to light starting to bother a little. I think I was hoping for more of the sunburst texture and this was my error In Research. A great watch that has just made decide to go and try and purchase the gen! :)

GavinPD

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Hi All,

Wanted a second opinion on this QC I have received, the AP logo above the text on the dial just looks a bit crooked to me but I dont know if I am just seeing things or if this is being too picky. Would love to hear others thoughts?

ZzjBTv.jpg

ZzjQb1.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Wanted a second opinion on this QC I have received, the AP logo above the text on the dial just looks a bit crooked to me but I dont know if I am just seeing things or if this is being too picky. Would love to hear others thoughts?

It's a tiny little bit crooked... but I wouldn't red-light over it. The next one you get could have poor dates... your one looks relatively decent. Or bad screws... bad other things. That is almost perfect... take it.

Plus if you ever get it serviced, it's a very small job to move that AP logo. And the rotor is quite noisy (personally, I can live with it) but some people cannot.

GavinPD

Horology Curious
16/6/19
I was thinking the same it looks great apart from this, thanks for the advice!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That would irritate me every day. But I agree, next one could be worse :)

GavinPD

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Yes it may, but my thinking is if it can be fixed in a service I will live with it and see how I feel about it and the rotor noise. If not can always get both fixed with a service, well at least thats what I am hoping

Reactions: Sonofalich

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
That would irritate me every day. But I agree, next one could be worse :)

We all love gambling with QCs, no? :)

I would reject as well or get it fixed by a modder the day she needs to be serviced.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Reject it. If everyone accepts everything and let’s it be fixed by a modder afterwards then these factories never pay attention to quality.

remember the price tag is similar to a PlayStation. And for a ps you too demand quality.

it is not that they build everything from scratch. They source the movement and most cnc machines can manufacture the casing sort of quickly.

if they pay that much attention to not fixing this crooked logo as to other parts then I don’t want to know What else might be messed up.

my standpoint is that we are buying reps and of course not gens here. Can we expect the same quality? No. But can I expect the same quality from a comparable watch in the same price class? Yes! And usually a 500 usd watch has some good quality.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Reject it. If everyone accepts everything and let’s it be fixed by a modder afterwards then these factories never pay attention to quality.

remember the price tag is similar to a PlayStation. And for a ps you too demand quality.

it is not that they build everything from scratch. They source the movement and most cnc machines can manufacture the casing sort of quickly.

if they pay that much attention to not fixing this crooked logo as to other parts then I don’t want to know What else might be messed up.

my standpoint is that we are buying reps and of course not gens here. Can we expect the same quality? No. But can I expect the same quality from a comparable watch in the same price class? Yes! And usually a 500 usd watch has some good quality.

I agree 10000000%. Yes they are not gens but why on earth would anyone accept crooked dates or misaligned hands/dates, dust on the dial etc.....come on now. $50 watches can get all these correct let along $500+ watches. This is basic basic QC we are not asking them to produce gen quality here but basic QC is a MUST.

If we reject them there is incentive for the factories to focus a little more on QC than just throwing everything out with markers that look like they have been applied by a blind man.

Last edited:

Xilikon

20/8/19
To make a impact, everyone who want to buy would have to reject bad ones and TD won't be able to get rid of them so they return to factories. Unfortunately, most would put the redlighted ones aside and try next and next until someone take it (there is fare more clueless people around so chances of finding someone is pretty high). For factories, as long as they can sell 100-200, a few bad ones won't be a big problem, unlike factories from the rest of the world.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I fully agree with this. There is a balance "area" between expecting the watch to be 1:1 like the gen, and being too forgiving on QC, especially for things that the factories should not mess up, like dial print, marring of the cases, and markers/logo alignment. It does not mean that one should expect to receive trash if he's "only" paying $500 for a watch.