• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Calibre16

31/1/12
Does anyone have any photos of a 15500 next to lets say a Daytona, Submariner, AP Diver?

I am very tempted to get one, my wrist should be large enough (7.5inch) but I'm still worried about the size...

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Does anyone have any photos of a 15500 next to lets say a Daytona, Submariner, AP Diver?

I am very tempted to get one, my wrist should be large enough (7.5inch) but I'm still worried about the size...

My wrist is 7.3 inches. This is how it looks on me.

VtjJF.jpg

VtZk5.jpg

Reactions: simab mk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So does the new batch (if there is one) have the DW centered now for to 20-29 dates?

trinder_hart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/20

Just taken delivery of the white dial from Li over at Jtime and it so cool. So stunning OOTB and even got lucky enough to have a relatively quite movement which was one of my main concerns. Only thing that I have to say bugs me is the AP square on the clasp doesn’t quite meet perfectly flush ( yes I’m being pedantic). Anyways what a fine to be in the game !

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just taken delivery of the white dial from Li over at Jtime and it so cool. So stunning OOTB and even got lucky enough to have a relatively quite movement which was one of my main concerns. Only thing that I have to say bugs me is the AP square on the clasp doesn’t quite meet perfectly flush ( yes I’m being pedantic). Anyways what a fine to be in the game !

Congrats! Personally the silver/white dial does grow on one after a while. It’s a very elegant color and the dial color just complements the design of the watch nicely. I don’t own a ZF myself but a watch is about how it looks and feels in real life, not what factory it’s from.

Mine says hi!
3d39bee72a45f2e36289c8878c4ab1bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trinder_hart

31/3/20
Stunning! Gen is something else and would Defo pick one up in the future but for now ZF will keep me
entertained ;)

Venniz

26/7/20
Would buy one if it wasn't the miyota mechanism... to noisy for me.

Last edited:

Kitaro

5/12/19
I really don’t understand the problem with noisy miyota, I have 2 and they are not noisy at all at least as noisy as my gen breitling and Rolex, and even if there is some noise, 20$ at the watchmaker will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I really don’t understand the problem with noisy miyota, I have 2 and they are not noisy at all at least as noisy as my gen breitling and Rolex, and even if there is some noise, 20$ at the watchmaker will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You cant fix stupid...

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Do any of you ZF 15500 owners also own the older 15202 Quartz, which is very thin? I wonder how the two compare in terms of bracelet's comfort.

I am interested to buy ZF, but bracelet's comfort is a big deal for me. I had the thin 15202 Quartz for a bit in the past, and sold it because I could not stand the bracelet. I am just trying to get some idea about the comfort of ZF bracelet, which apparently is not as good as JF's.

I also have JF 15450 and found no problems with its bracelet.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Do any of you ZF 15500 owners also own the older 15202 Quartz, which is very thin? I wonder how the two compare in terms of bracelet's comfort.

I am interested to buy ZF, but bracelet's comfort is a big deal for me. I had the thin 15202 Quartz for a bit in the past, and sold it because I could not stand the bracelet. I am just trying to get some idea about the comfort of ZF bracelet, which apparently is not as good as JF's.

I also have JF 15450 and found no problems with its bracelet.

ZF 15500 bracelet concerns are a bit over reacted to on this forum. Yes, the edges are sharp but I have not felt any discomfort during daily wear (sometimes upto 6 hrs). Many members have smoothed out the edges which you could try.

Reactions: Tony12345

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Congrats! Personally the silver/white dial does grow on one after a while. It’s a very elegant color and the dial color just complements the design of the watch nicely. I don’t own a ZF myself but a watch is about how it looks and feels in real life, not what factory it’s from.

Mine says hi!
3d39bee72a45f2e36289c8878c4ab1bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which factory is your white one from, please?

Sent from my RMX1931 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lariram

solebreaker

Looking Around
20/8/20
hn9IXJ1
I just got a ZF 15500 wanted to know what are some mods I should look into. I am look
Ng4vVKl
ing into silencing the motor and waterproofing it. Some said an oil bath or prof glass?

Last edited: