• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Had the pleasure to view a 15500 in December in Milan and in June in Singapore. Now might be different. On the other side I tried to ask for any of the popular RMs (e.g. 11, 35) in the boutiques in Singapore, Milan, Munich and they had none in stock.

Given that popular RM models such as the RM11 or the RM35 are way more expensive than the Royal Oak (like 6 to 8 times more expensive) and that there are fewer shops stocking them all over the world I think it's fair to assume that it's far less likely for someone in this forum to own the former than the latter.

Also while I have seen plenty of wristshots / gen vs rep comparisons posted in this forum from members who own a gen RO, I have seen none at all in the RM section.

Nothing is ever impossible of course, just unlikely.

Well said and true.
In terms of likelihood of someone owning a gen RM vs one owning a gen RO or sports Rolex the former is far less likely than the latter I agree. Simple logic and true.

It is the same situation in all the RM, Rolex, AP and Patek boutiques now in Singapore: no popular models are available off the shelves lol.
Sometimes you can’t help but wonder if this is due to natural demand and supply or a strategic decision.

Whatever it is I’m glad we have the reps to play with to satisfy the superficial cravings of the semblance of the gens on our wrists. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Had the pleasure to view a 15500 in December in Milan and in June in Singapore. Now might be different. On the other side I tried to ask for any of the popular RMs (e.g. 11, 35) in the boutiques in Singapore, Milan, Munich and they had none in stock.

Given that popular RM models such as the RM11 or the RM35 are way more expensive than the Royal Oak (like 6 to 8 times more expensive) and that there are fewer shops stocking them all over the world I think it's fair to assume that it's far less likely for someone in this forum to own the former than the latter.

Also while I have seen plenty of wristshots / gen vs rep comparisons posted in this forum from members who own a gen RO, I have seen none at all in the RM section.

Nothing is ever impossible of course, just unlikely.

The Rod there was (or still is ?) an RM35 available in Singapore but not at RM boutique which only sells the tackiest in their collections. I can tell you where if you want. They have other RM (005 and 11)

shortlegs

31/5/19
I think you must be aware that the vast majority of people in the world have never seen or touched a real AP, you obviously live in a bubble where buying £20k+ watches is common, but you can surely see that it is not the norm, so my comment is quite understandable. I’ve been reading the Rolex section for years and never seen members with real Rolex’s, but the AP section is obviously different, if I hadn’t made that comment I still wouldn’t know that there’s members with real AP’s, so saying things and starting conversations is good.

My last comment on this. There are so, so many people in the Rolex subforum with gens. Way more than people in the AP subforum with a gen AP (it's simple numbers, Rolexes are more attainable, and there are so many more regulars in the Rolex subforum). Have no idea where you got that conclusion from, if you have been there for years.

It's better to tail down on inflammatory statements like this. Then you wouldn't get so much criticism in the first place. And then you don't need to be defensive and snide in your replies, like how you made a jibe at WatchCool90210 . Which may then prompt further retorts. And so on..

Anyway, let's all move on on continue talking about the 15500, shall we?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My last comment on this. There are so, so many people in the Rolex subforum with gens. Way more than people in the AP subforum with a gen AP (it's simple numbers, Rolexes are more attainable, and there are so many more regulars in the Rolex subforum). Have no idea where you got that conclusion from, if you have been there for years.

It's better to tail down on inflammatory statements like this. Then you wouldn't get so much criticism in the first place. And then you don't need to be defensive and snide in your replies, like how you made a jibe at WatchCool90210 . Which may then prompt further retorts. And so on..

I think upon initially joining the forum, some newbies may be mistaken that it comprises of members who are unable to afford the gen watches and therefore seek out replicas. But that is completely erroneous, as like you, I have seen the liberal dose of gen Rolex wristies sprinkled in the Rolex section. On a good day, you get more gen watch pics in here than on TRF, and nicer ones too.

Back to topic, I am still looking for a rep grey 15500 to be sent to me (and yes I will do the rotor bearing assembly service FOC) for a gen/ rep comparison. The previous guy who was supposed to do it changed his mind and bought another watch instead.
So anyone open to this, please PM me. I will credit you in the comparison post and do the aforementioned mod for you FOC.Thank you.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
The Rod there was (or still is ?) an RM35 available in Singapore but not at RM boutique which only sells the tackiest in their collections. I can tell you where if you want. They have other RM (005 and 11)

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I won't be travelling back to Singapore anytime soon due to the Corona Virus situation :(

Out of curiosity, is it a grey market dealer?

teaston

20/3/16
UK

It is strange that I never came across that in 5 years, but I didn’t exactly study every thread on a daily basis.

Anyway, I don’t see why it’s caused some people such offence that I made a mistake, I assume you also do make mistakes sometimes too. And there was absolutely no need for watchcool to use offensive words towards me at all. ;)

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It is strange that I never came across that in 5 years, but I didn’t exactly study every thread on a daily basis.

Anyway, I don’t see why it’s caused some people such offence that I made a mistake, I assume you also do make mistakes sometimes too. And there was absolutely no need for watchcool to use offensive words towards me at all. ;)

I think that this has gone on long enough indeed, and both sides have had their say. We need to return to the 15500 discussion. This thread isn't about whether members own gen APs or Rolexes or RMs, and I do admit I contributed to the sidetrack of this conversation too. I do apologize for that. But lets not derail it for the members who have genuine interest in the ZF15500. Thanks guys! teaston shortlegs Raddave QueTip
I think teaston gets it already and being human, it is natural that he rebutts comments directed at him too. Lets move on already, I think that there is no need to crucify him for that one mistake lol. Come on guys, we are all bigger than that!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Mine is now in the UK and awaiting customs clearance!

if this is your first AP rep, log onto your bank and set a low spend limit or cut your cards. run away before the AP bug bites!
do share your pictures and inital thoughts.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
if this is your first AP rep, log onto your bank and set a low spend limit or cut your cards. run away before the AP bug bites!
do share your pictures and inital thoughts.

Haha I thank you could be right, I haven’t received this one yet but I’m already considering my next AP!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I think that this has gone on long enough indeed, and both sides have had their say. We need to return to the 15500 discussion. This thread isn't about whether members own gen APs or Rolexes or RMs, and I do admit I contributed to the sidetrack of this conversation too. I do apologize for that. But lets not derail it for the members who have genuine interest in the ZF15500. Thanks guys! teaston shortlegs Raddave QueTip
I think teaston gets it already and being human, it is natural that he rebutts comments directed at him too. Lets move on already, I think that there is no need to crucify him for that one mistake lol. Come on guys, we are all bigger than that!

What he said. Back to topic now guys. Thanks.

Reactions: teaston

sgrepfam101

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/18
Singapore
I really wanna get one but the virus is making it hard for me to make a purchase. Hoping I would be able to find one in the sales section

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I really wanna get one but the virus is making it hard for me to make a purchase. Hoping I would be able to find one in the sales section

I notice that your member status states "Do not trade with me". Are you still able to access the member sales section?

sgrepfam101

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/18
Singapore
legend it seems like i can't access it. Might have flouted some rules by accident as I was trying to post a sales yesterday.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend it seems like i can't access it. Might have flouted some rules by accident as I was trying to post a sales yesterday.

I will advise you to approach one of the mods maybe Raddave to sort it out. I pointed out the member status only because you will not be able to see it yourself if you are only using tapatalk, not to make fun at you in any way.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Mine arrived yesterday, I absolutely love it! The way the bracelet sections, polished surfaces and bezel screws reflect the light is just stunning. Also a very nice design feature which photos really don't do justice to is the mirror finished rehaut which reflects the dial and markers making it look like the dial extends under the bezel, it's a very impressive optical illusion.

I removed three bracelet sections and it fits absolutely perfectly, it's a really comfortable watch to wear. It does wear slimmer than I thought it would, and coupled with the shiny bracelet makes this definitely a dress watch in my opinion. Also the watch case is smaller than I thought it would be, it looks small next to my (rep) Deepsea & (gen) Carrera.

Only real negatives about this rep for me is the rotor is a bit noisy, and the square AP section on the bracelet is a bit loose, so tends to sit proud of the bracelet at the top, which I've managed to remedy by putting some sticky foam in the gap behind the bottom of it, which seems to have worked for now.

So to sum up, it is an incredible dress watch, but I probably should have got a Diver on a rubber strap as really I wanted something more rugged looking for everyday general wear. Oh well, I'll just have to get a Diver as well I suppose! :thumbup:
YKCmv.jpg
YKByR.jpg
YKQ48.jpg
YKT0j.jpg
YKlgK.jpg
YKde4.jpg
YKPP1.jpg

Last edited: