• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Unfortunately I doubt anyone on the forum could get to hold a genuine one, let alone have the £20k to buy one, not to mention the years on a waiting list unless you’re a VIP!

Oh you’re quite wrong. Quite a number of members here own gens. I do own the gen 15500 and a few other boutique models as well.
There is no waiting list anymore at AP, it’s based on personal allocation now, it depends primarily on how much you spend at the boutique, the models you buy and the relationship with your boutique.

Don’t look down on the members here. A lot of us have the means but also the judiciousness to buy and wear reps for various reasons. I do have a modest collection of gens and a few £20Ks to spend on watches. But my point is please don’t make such condescending statements. First and foremost, you’re wrong for sure and second, it’s not even something we discuss on a thread discussing a specific watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoiks

Known Member
14/2/13
Oh you’re quite wrong. Quite a number of members here own gens. I do own the gen 15500 and a few other boutique models as well.
There is no waiting list anymore at AP, it’s based on personal allocation now, it depends primarily on how much you spend at the boutique, the models you buy and the relationship with your boutique.

Don’t look down on the members here. A lot of us have the means but also the judiciousness to buy and wear reps for various reasons. I do have a modest collection of gens and a few £20Ks to spend on watches. But my point is please don’t make such condescending statements. First and foremost, you’re wrong for sure and second, it’s not even something we discuss on a thread discussing a specific watch.

well said sir.. lot of members here definitely have the means to buy gens..

Reactions: kudos

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Sorry guys, I think you misunderstood my post, I just genuinely didn’t know anyone one her had gens of that calibre! Happy to now be corrected though.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Does anyone know if ZF is planning a RG version of this gorgeous 15500?

kudos

18/2/14
Unfortunately I doubt anyone on the forum could get to hold a genuine one, let alone have the £20k to buy one, not to mention the years on a waiting list unless you’re a VIP!

That's the reason I said it as Legend said he has a gen and mentioned he may compare a rep if someone sends him one to mod

Also I have a gen Rolex and so do many other people on here have gen watches

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Thats the reason I said as Legend said he has a gen and mentioned he may compare a rep if someone sends him one to mod

Ok I missed that sorry.

Yes I’d also be interested to see such a comparison.

kudos

18/2/14
Yes for definite. I have a few gens bought at retail prices from the AP boutique. Guess I’m lucky sir.

I wouldn't say lucky, I would say hard work ????

WatchCool90210

20/1/17

this.

very ignorant statement by the original poster legend quoted.

not a good look.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
this.

not a good look.

I do think that teaston has learned about our community better now.
I agree with you that his original statement was ignorant, but he has not challenged the "correction" responses, and has learned that our section is not filled with paupers who fall down on trembling knees at the mere sight of a gen AP. :hehehe:
Lets give him a chance to learn and integrate himself. Else we will eventually be just beating on his one mistake, and that will not be kind toward him.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
this.

not a good look.

I think you must be aware that the vast majority of people in the world have never seen or touched a real AP, you obviously live in a bubble where buying £20k+ watches is common, but you can surely see that it is not the norm, so my comment is quite understandable. I’ve been reading the Rolex section for years and never seen members with real Rolex’s, but the AP section is obviously different, if I hadn’t made that comment I still wouldn’t know that there’s members with real AP’s, so saying things and starting conversations is good.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I think you must be aware that the vast majority of people in the world have never seen or touched a real AP, you obviously live in a bubble where buying £20k+ watches is common, but you can surely see that it is not the norm, so my comment is quite understandable. I’ve been reading the Rolex section for years and never seen members with real Rolex’s, but the AP section is obviously different, if I hadn’t made that comment I still wouldn’t know that there’s members with real AP’s, so saying things and starting conversations is good.

Hmmm while your point might make sense in the context of the general population I think it is quite out of place in a watch forum. 20k is a huge amount of cash in absolute terms but in the watch world is pretty average. If you had said that it's impossible for someone here to ever own a gen Richard Mille I would probably have agreed given the sticker price and the scarcity but not for just a 15500. You can literally walk in any AP boutique in a major city and either buy one on the spot if you are lucky or wait a couple of months at most (speaking from direct experience, having seen it in both the Milan and Singapore boutiques).

Reactions: teaston

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Also a lot of members here have at least one gen rolex. None of the reddit millennials do but a lot of the older guys who have been into watches for years will.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hmmm while your point might make sense in the context of the general population I think it is quite out of place in a watch forum. 20k is a huge amount of cash in absolute terms but in the watch world is pretty average. If you had said that it's impossible for someone here to ever own a gen Richard Mille I would probably have agreed given the sticker price and the scarcity but not for just a 15500. You can literally walk in any AP boutique in a major city and either buy one on the spot if you are lucky or wait a couple of months at most (speaking from direct experience, having seen it in both the Milan and Singapore boutiques).

I agree with you regarding the gen 15500, it is relatively accessible as far as luxury watches go. But today, I guarantee that you will not find a single 15500 in any AP boutiques in Singapore (nothing to do with the prestige of the watch but rather pure stocking logistics)

But I disagree that it is impossible for anyone here to ever own a gen RM. Two facts: i do know of at least 2 members here who own one, and the sticker price of an average gen RM is not inhibitive for me either (meaning they won’t be inhibitive for other guys as well). I own watches which are in the same price bracket as some gen RMs. It was simply a matter of choice and style what I chose to spend on. Since I belong to the forum and regard myself as just a member of average capability, I therefore will not be surprised if and when someone or a few someones turn up with gen RM wristies. I won’t be surprised at all given the low-key but high capability tendencies of members here.
We are in a community of crouching tigers and hidden dragons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK

I didn’t know that, the information I’d read seemed to indicate 15500’s are at least a year’s waiting list and not available to view in most boutiques. Good to discuss this and find out new information.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I agree with you regarding the gen 15500, it is relatively accessible as far as luxury watches go. But today, I guarantee that you will not find a single 15500 in any AP boutiques in Singapore (nothing to do with the prestige of the watch but rather pure stocking logistics)

But I disagree that it is impossible for anyone here to ever own a gen RM. Two facts: i do know of at least 2 members here who own one, and the sticker price of an average gen RM is not inhibitive for me either (meaning they won’t be inhibitive for other guys as well). I own watches which are in the same price bracket as some gen RMs. It was simply a matter of choice and style what I chose to spend on. Since I belong to the forum and regard myself as just a member of average capability, I therefore will not be surprised if and when someone or a few someones turn up with gen RM wristies. I won’t be surprised at all given the low-key but high capability tendencies of members here.

Good information, and also good to see senior members can also make the same mistake I did, assuming no members on the forum own a gen of a certain watch model! I wonder if WatchCool90210 thinks he is also “ignorant”?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Good information, and also good to see senior members can also make the same mistake I did, assuming no members on the forum own a gen of a certain watch model! I wonder if WatchCool90210 thinks he is also “ignorant”?

Lol oh teaston I think let’s move on without anymore animosity or barbs. I think you’re a sharp one. Haha

Reactions: Allure and teaston

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Had the pleasure to view a 15500 in December in Milan and in June in Singapore. Now might be different. On the other side I tried to ask for any of the popular RMs (e.g. 11, 35) in the boutiques in Singapore, Milan, Munich and they had none in stock.

Given that popular RM models such as the RM11 or the RM35 are way more expensive than the Royal Oak (like 6 to 8 times more expensive) and that there are fewer shops stocking them all over the world I think it's fair to assume that it's far less likely for someone in this forum to own the former than the latter.

Also while I have seen plenty of wristshots / gen vs rep comparisons posted in this forum from members who own a gen RO, I have seen none at all in the RM section.

Nothing is ever impossible of course, just unlikely.

Last edited: