• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

edwardpamintuan

Horology Curious
27/11/21
So I did a bad job of looking at my QC pics and it looks like I have an issue with my dial, I'm not going to place any blame on the TD because it's obviously my fault.

What can I do to fix this?
35c46743c5435ab1e8df2390a9b7bf90.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

edwardpamintuan

Horology Curious
27/11/21
So I did a bad job of looking at my QC pics and it looks like I have an issue with my dial, I'm not going to place any blame on the TD because it's obviously my fault.

What can I do to fix this?
13be7942b6bbe2a4a8f24aed1c9a805e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smitty1782

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
I don't work for you Smitty1782
If you need help, you send me a PM like everyone else. I will decide whether to help.

LOL

Interesting response. I never said I "needed" help nor did I ask YOU. YOU offered ME your services, so you would be working for me.

I was appreciative of your offer and have no clue that its known by "everone else" just to PM you. Communication works both ways. I asked you to PM me bc again, YOU offered ME your services and thought that would be easiest and at your convenience.

I'll just make it easier for the both of us and decide not to have you "help"

Keep enjoying the ride on that high horse of yours.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
LOL

Interesting response. I never said I "needed" help nor did I ask YOU. YOU offered ME your services, so you would be working for me.

I was appreciative of your offer and have no clue that its known by "everone else" just to PM you. Communication works both ways. I asked you to PM me bc again, YOU offered ME your services and thought that would be easiest and at your convenience.

I'll just make it easier for the both of us and decide not to have you "help"

Keep enjoying the ride on that high horse of yours.

Yes of course, the high horse is very comfortable. Thanks for making it easy actually.

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
Hi guys,
I'm not particularly picky, though
I have a doubt about this screw ..... the eye at first glance went there and continues to go there ..... but it can be the photo because even with the photo upside down it seems the cut + wide at the top of right .... what do you say

Smitty1782

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
Hi guys,
I have a doubt about this screw ..... the eye at first glance went there and continues to go there ..... but it can be the photo because even with the photo upside down it seems the cut + wide at the top of right .... what do you say

I would accept that without a doubt. I dont think you'll be getting much better than that if you rejected.

Reactions: Radolux

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
Hi guys,

this bezel and screws looks fine!

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
this bezel and screws looks fine!

hi guys,
yes i am convinced this watch is ok,
in this photo the problem is not noticed,
i think it is due to the photos,

it is the forum that hurts:thumbsup:

:headdesk:

now I just have to wait for Sead to ship soon, it is already in its warehouse in Italy:coax:

Reactions: Radolux

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
hi guys,
yes i am convinced this watch is ok,
in this photo the problem is not noticed,
i think it is due to the photos,

it is the forum that hurts:thumbsup:

:headdesk:

now I just have to wait for Sead to ship soon, it is already in its warehouse in Italy:coax:

Yes go with what Smitty1782 said, your watch screws are fine.
Also remember that these are really small and unnoticeable in real life. It would take a severely misaligned screw to become an eyesore in real life and I doubt that’s an issue on your specimen. All the best!

Reactions: Allure and Radolux

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I dont understand either but it looks like they compere 15400 vs 15500.
And why they shake, Maybe he want to show the rotor sound?dont know but it looks like it :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
hi guys in the end I got the 15500
I was willing to buy a gen but absolutely at list price not with the absurd prices that run
I was willing to wait but the Milanese boutique does not take names in the list for the 15500
then I decided and I got the ZF, I was doubtful about the screw ....... all bullshit .... this watch is gorgeous a jewel, really top zf.
and now let's go dancing :coax:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
hi guys in the end I got the 15500
I was willing to buy a gen but absolutely at list price not with the absurd prices that run
I was willing to wait but the Milanese boutique does not take names in the list for the 15500
then I decided and I got the ZF, I was doubtful about the screw ....... all bullshit .... this watch is gorgeous a jewel, really top zf.
and now let's go dancing :coax:

Congrats first and foremost. It is indeed a beautiful watch and you carry it off very well.

The 15500 Royal Oak is really a watch which is understated, and grows on the owner very quickly. It is for me the perfect interpretation of a modern sports watch, and superbly designed and finished. Slap it on with a suit and it works well. Wear a T shirt and jeans and it is again perfect wrist company. A simple 3 hands watch, but yet it is so much more, given the myriad of details to appreciate on and off the wrist. I guess that explains why the watch is unobtainable for most from the boutique, and why the excessive demand has driven prices beyond the range of sanity.

The ZF 15500 captures most of the essence of the gen in terms of wrist presence and details. Unless you know the gen intimately well, it is a watch which is very difficult to call out as a rep on the wrist in the wild. Of course, the Achilles Heel of the watch lies in the Miyota 9015 movement, which looks nothing like the genuine, but this is not visible unless watch is off the wrist.
Some of the ZF watches come with less than ideal bezel screws or poorer finish, but these can be addressed by any modder.
I was lucky to get 3 gens at retail prices myself, but I hardly wear them. I am considering wearing a ZF 15500 black and modding it to my own taste. ZF has put in effort to produce a very respectable version of the 15500 and for me, this is the best Royal Oak replica out of the box currently, even when compared with the APSF 15400 which has a "clone" movement which isn't really a clone.

Reactions: Allure and leo6929

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Congrats first and foremost. It is indeed a beautiful watch and you carry it off very well.

The 15500 Royal Oak is really a watch which is understated

Personally, I think all AP's with metal bracelets are not that understated! haha they are something quite special, quite incredible how close the reps are. It's the way they catch the light and glisten and shine back. I actually think the bracelet alone makes the AP not understated. On rubber/leather, 100%. But the bracelet makes it blingy! (in a good way)

I think my only complaint of the 15500 is its size, and also dial. I think it is too big, and this is from a man with 8" wrists. It removes some of the elegance in my opinion (subjective ofc) plus also the dial itself is sterile. The absence of anything writing / logo at the "6" feels off... The more I look at the 15500 dial, in person and in pictures the more wrong it looks. It's just missing something to balance the watch at the "6" part of the dial...

I wanted to love the 15500 but simply couldn't. Personally, the black is the best colour as it has a grey sheen to it, and seems almost multi-coloured. But you can't go wrong with the colour choice tbh.

I'm a 15202 fan boy! But sadly, the chances of me getting one in gen are non-existent. (not for lack of trying either!)

Hectormabr

Known Member
23/4/17
What TD currently has it in stock? I keep asking PT and all I get is they don’t have it in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What TD currently has it in stock? I keep asking PT and all I get is they don’t have it in stock?

Sent from the RWI App

Well it is not out of stock permanently. You can always order it and wait for the next batch. So “out of stock” is just the temporary status of availability. None of the dealers keep stock anyway. They indent the watch from the factory upon each order. As long as the dealer is reputable just order tang be patient. The watch will come eventually.

Reactions: Allure