• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

asuwere

2/6/19
:( thats dissapointing. It is a expensive rep so I will wait with purchase.

Yeah, I thought realigning them would help. I did so when I got mine but I can still tell. The gaps reduce some of the reflected light and the screws shine a bit less when side by side with a proper bezel.

Reactions: Radolux

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
jL9bkQ.jpg

Does anyone know ZF fixed this problem?

Did this exist on the 15400 as well? I just looked at mine and they look perfectly aligned to me.
Also on the QC picture someone posted of the 15500 they look perfect to me.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What you guys have saying about the bezel screws is true, but lets not forget they are zoomed at least 5x to illustrate the point. While valid, a lot of these flaws and misalignments do exist in these reps, and even on gen specimens which I have seen. They are not noticeable on the wrist unless you are specifically looking for them, at a distance of say, 30cm or less. There are a lot of more significant flaws which plague the 15500 replica. For example, the dial texture, color, tapisserie construction, and finish are very different from the gen and this is visible from a distance of 1m away. There is also the question of the movement, which is about as different vs gen as night and day. Also from 2300-0000, one look at the slow changing date tell you that it is a replica. will So while you are not wrong about the screws, lets suppose we have a rep with perfectly aligned and finished screws.. will that be the defining feature of the watch? No it wouldn't because I have seen gen 15500/15400 with the same misalignment, not perfectly snug and with unsightly gaps.
We sometimes take the replica watches too seriously. These are afterall $500 watches, worn for novelty and not true luxury timepieces. There is a lot of fun to be had with these reps. If they are to be picked on, the bezel screws are definitely on the "irk" list for many owners, but personally it is a relatively simple fix, and it is not a significant tell on the wrist. The ZF15500 in its entirety, is a very good replica for me for that price if the flaws are to be magnified and discussed, lets not forget to do one for the dial, hands, and datewheel as well.. the tells are all there, and a lot more significant once you see them. Even if all these are somehow changed to 1:1 as gen, just flip the over and the miyota 9015 movement will be a stark reminder of what the watch is.
The good news is, if the watch is worn for fun, all these can be ignored totally. If it is to be picked on, then pick on the more stark tells as well.
Poorly aligned screws are like the loose ones we find in bracelet links.. they are easy fixes most of the time. Don't worry too much about them guys. Based on weightage I would say that alignment of bezel screws is less than 5% importance for the rep 15500 but that is just me. I get it that some of you are a lot more pedantic about the alignment and I respect that. This is just my opinion, nothing more.

asuwere

2/6/19
Looks really bad, like someone tried to turn those screwheads from the top. Here's my ZF 15500 incl. zoomed view of the top top/bottom screwheads.

The holes are too big and the screws turn unless held by something else when you turn the screws on the bottom of the case. ZF got a bad batch of bezels from one of their suppliers. So it's either order a new batch or sell what they've got and hope for a low reject rate.

Smitty1782

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
Finally got QC pics of another 15500 after rejecting the previous one I posted with the terrible bezel screws 5 months ago... And the new one is not much better. Rejecting as well especially after seeing people get nearly perfect bezels.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Finally got QC pics of another 15500 after rejecting the previous one I posted with the terrible bezel screws 5 months ago... And the new one is not much better. Rejecting as well especially after seeing people get nearly perfect bezels.

Did you meant to say that between the first and second QC pics it’s 5 months?

Smitty1782

18/2/16
Did you meant to say that between the first and second QC pics it’s 5 months?

Yeah legend ... My GF ordered the original as a surprise for my first fathers day. She may have ordered back in May now that Im thinking about it. Thats the one that I posted pix of here. Finally got QC pics yesterday for the new sample... Had to reject again. My 40th is in January so maybe if im lucky i can get my Fathers Day gift for my birthday. LOL.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah legend ... My GF ordered the original as a surprise for my first fathers day. She may have ordered back in May now that Im thinking about it. Thats the one that I posted pix of here. Finally got QC pics yesterday for the new sample... Had to reject again. My 40th is in January so maybe if im lucky i can get my Fathers Day gift for my birthday. LOL.

The ZF 15500 was out of stock for a long time but I’m impressed with your patience. If your next piece has screw issues again don’t reject it anymore: send it to me and I’ll align and polish it for you for free. Don’t obsess over this when it’s a relatively easy flaw to fix.

Smitty1782

18/2/16
The ZF 15500 was out of stock for a long time but I’m impressed with your patience. If your next piece has screw issues again don’t reject it anymore: send it to me and I’ll align and polish it for you for free. Don’t obsess over this when it’s a relatively easy flaw to fix.

Much appreciated legend ... Actually got sent another set of pics today that were decent so I approved. Can you shoot me a PM to discuss?!

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
Gents,

Have you notice the price increase currently taking a hold of this hobby?

The prices for the ZF 15500 is currently $508, up from $478 (if I remember correctly - someone can confirm?). Same watch (perhaps worse quality) than original batches.....

While that doesn't sound too dramatic, the "non-existent" VSF watches are going for over $800 dollars (up from mid 400s). Supposedly, VSF closed for good, however their seems to be still plenty of inventory out there (months after their "closure"). It seems rather artificial and I believe it is inflating the prices across the board.

Is this a supply and demand deal? Is this inflation? Is this the factories and/or TDs being greedy?

Can anyone shine some light on this matter?