Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reboundless View Post
    ah fuck this cancerous forum
    If this is cancerous, you should give a virgous forum a try. Seems like you might be a better fit there.
    I've said it before: most societies have managed to insidiously nurture a culture of offense. A lot of folks get easily triggered, feel microaggressed. We lost our stamina, our courage became brittle and our sense of resilience went to dust somewhere along the way.
    And as if this were not enough, one of our most fundamental tools, the ability to apply common sense, seems to have eroded to almost extinction.
    If one feels the urge to draw elaborated grid patterns and put on display rather photoshopian than logic skills in order to ascertain (or dismiss) the symmetry of an (possibly not even perfectly frontal) image of a $500 watch (which, btw, does a great job at challenging its $20/30k counterpart) then I feel like my case is rested.
    Under the above premises, no watch forum will help. I would humbly refer the OP to the Adobe community.

Comment

Originally posted by watcho View Post

If this is cancerous, you should give a virgous forum a try. Seems like you might be a better fit there.
      I've said it before: most societies have managed to insidiously nurture a culture of offense. A lot of folks get easily triggered, feel microaggressed. We lost our stamina, our courage became brittle and our sense of resilience went to dust somewhere along the way.
      And as if this were not enough, one of our most fundamental tools, the ability to apply common sense, seems to have eroded to almost extinction.
      If one feels the urge to draw elaborated grid patterns and put on display rather photoshopian than logic skills in order to ascertain (or dismiss) the symmetry of an (possibly not even perfectly frontal) image of a $500 watch (which, btw, does a great job at challenging its $20/30k counterpart) then I feel like my case is rested.
      Under the above premises, no watch forum will help. I would humbly refer the OP to the Adobe community.
      He's long gone bro lol.
      The "gurus" from Reddit exhibit common behavior, getting extremely butthurt when they do not get the accolades they got on reddit heaped upon them here.

Comment

So its been about a month that I can call this black dialed beauty my own, and I must say I'm impressed. It's my first AP and I find it to be absolutely stunning.

The two major "flaws" I'm experiencing are the very sharp edges on the bracelet and the quite audible Rotor noise.

For the edges I was thinking of asking my goldsmith to break them, I can't imagine the gen bracelet to feel so sharp.

But I have no idea about the rotor noise? Does the real caliber sound like that or is it a tell? What mod would you recommend to fix it?
        I have experience with gen Breitling and Rolex, but not with AP so please excuse my ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by repreg123 View Post
          So its been about a month that I can call this black dialed beauty my own, and I must say I'm impressed. It's my first AP and I find it to be absolutely stunning.

The two major "flaws" I'm experiencing are the very sharp edges on the bracelet and the quite audible Rotor noise.

For the edges I was thinking of asking my goldsmith to break them, I can't imagine the gen bracelet to feel so sharp.

But I have no idea about the rotor noise? Does the real caliber sound like that or is it a tell? What mod would you recommend to fix it?
          I have experience with gen Breitling and Rolex, but not with AP so please excuse my ignorance.
          I own 4 gen Royal Oaks, including 2x 15500. The bracelet edges are not consistent with regard to the sharpness. One feels sharper than the other but these are subjective as you can clearly understand.
          The cal. 4302 is relatively quiet but remember that no mechanical watch can be totally silent, it is a matter of degree of noise, but definitely a lot quieter than any miyota, which can produce hollow whirring or rattly sounds on demand consistently. My gen 5711 (new and unworn but already 2 years old) sounds a lot noisier, and can be noisy when shaken, much like the miyota.
          It is up to you how much sound you can tolerate, but the gen 4302 isn't noisy for me, at least not yet.
          The two flaws you mentioned are legit, but can be easily addressed by any modder.

Comment

Originally posted by JnkTfk View Post
            Hi everyone, first time posting here.
            Just got my QC pics from PT for my 15500. One thing that I noticed is that the dial seems to be slightly rotated to the left of the watch based on the screws alignment. Should I RL this or is this an easy fix? I am planning to get the watch serviced anyway when I got it.

I looked at a pic on AP site. The dial looks okay to me. If it is off it's so minuscule no one will notice. Oud have to REALLY look. However your 4 o"lock bezel screw is rotated roughly .0537mm to the right...????

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RussMeister View Post
              I looked at a pic on AP site. The dial looks okay to me. If it is off it's so minuscule no one will notice. Oud have to REALLY look. However your 4 o"lock bezel screw is rotated roughly .0537mm to the right...????

I think that you need to be more accurate if wish to comment like that. The screw is definitely off but no more than 0.049610mm to the right. But then again, this balances with the screw near 8 which is 0.046371mm to the left, so hey, lets not nitpick.

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post

I think that you need to be more accurate if wish to comment like that. The screw is definitely off but no more than 0.049610mm to the right. But then again, this balances with the screw near 8 which is 0.046371mm to the left, so hey, lets not nitpick.
                DAMN !!! You're right.!! I should have put my glasses on before i posted.

Comment

You're right.!! I should have put my glasses on before i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by RussMeister View Post
                    DAMN !!! You're right.!! I should have put my glasses on before i posted.

Well it’s ok you were less than 0.01mm off but you know how it’s very important for each of us to buy a laser grid machine and an atomic clock and use them for every set of QC pics for a $500 replica watch. It is inconceivable for anyone to accept QC pics without these.

Or we can all be slightly more forgiving toward these reps and enjoy them for what they are. It’s a tough choice but one which needs to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it’s ok you were less than 0.01mm off but you know how it’s very important for each of us to buy a laser grid machine and an atomic clock and use them for every set of QC pics for a $500 replica watch. It is inconceivable for anyone to accept QC pics without these.

Or we can all be slightly more forgiving toward these reps and enjoy them for what they are. It’s a tough choice but one which needs to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      That's funny.
                      Ya know though that tiny detail may drive him nuts thinking.." will they notice my dial". Lol I have done that. Just some minute thing get my attention and eat at me just to miss a HUGE ERROR. Like my datejust I bought long ago was actually made in Geneva SHITINERAND.... I'd admit I actually have 2 built in SHITINERAND but it's kinda shameful lol. But It was my first purchase and inside the back.

Comment

I need to read
                        Last edited by QueTip; 04-11-20, 16:15. Reason: Staff edit

Comment

Originally posted by Addy View Post
                          I need to read.
                          You can purchase it from any of the trusted dealers on this site.
                          Last edited by QueTip; 04-11-20, 16:16. Reason: Staff edit

Comment

Originally posted by Roguetheory View Post

You can purchase it from any of the trusted dealers on this site.
                            I need to read
                            Last edited by QueTip; 04-11-20, 16:16. Reason: Staff edit

Comment

How to start: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

Trusted Dealers: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/trusted-dealers
                              Last edited by YellowFin; 04-11-20, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Addy View Post
                                I need to read
                                You should really start reading. Spoon feeding will not be tolerated and I highly advise you from attempting it any further. Do your homework, anyone else on here did it as well.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                                RM#1:
                                I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Working...
                                X