Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZF AP 15500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
    Put it close to your ear and give it a good "throw" without letting go.
    .
    I regretfully should have read the part about “without letting go”

    The ensuing crash was deafening and drowned out all the rotor noise. It kinda worked in silencing the rotor. Next time please provide.. a “sounder” advice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post

      legend I got my watch today and I like it a lot! It's like jewelry, shines light so beautifully.

      First impression was how small this watch looks like on the wrist, its very civilized. Was expecting it to be bigger after seeing everyone's pics. I did measure it and yes it's 41mm but my previous watch was 46 without me even realizing it, and the bezel was a lot thinner so the face looked a lot bigger.

      The box looked like the one I have seen on ZF reviews, but the ZF hologram sticker was not adhered to the watch glass nor was the ZF braided band inside the bracelet.

      Only blemish I see is something white, maybe a fingerprint on the center wheel the weight is attached to inside the back glass. The edges on the bracelet are a bit sharp yes, maybe I need to find someone to smoothen it and the adjustment lug to be a bit easier on the skin. I have seen some people say the movement is loud, I must be getting old since I can hear the ticking only by pressing the watch into my ear ????

      I don't know what you are referring as general QC pic's, I hope it's ok I upload these..
      It looks good Sonic, welcome to the club.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        I got mine a couple of weeks ago, and after wearing it a couple of nights, I gotta admit, I just don’t find it comfortable to wear.

        i usually wear both gen and rep Rolex sports models, and this just doesn’t compare.

        ive never had a gen AP, so I don’t know if this is a rep problem or if the models simply wears way different from for example a sub
        Last edited by 2841; 01-10-20, 02:12.
        FOR SALE:

        Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

        Comment


          Not saying this will be an issue for everyone but got my watch and noticed the hour hand is off as in misplaced, so when you set it to 12 or 6pm you can see the hour hand slightly before.

          I know this can be corrected (hopefully not too painful to have done) but it's not the first time I've seen it brought up on the thread. While my watch was perfect visually, the hands will need adjustment.

          Just a heads up for those who have ordered their watches. On the upside my dates all align.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
            Looks like a good watch to me, you chose well. I think the black 15500 is one of the most versatile dial choices. As it is deep black, and has grey tones depending on the light.
            I saw a few comments here that the black dial does look the best (subjective opinion yes) and I originally wanted the black dial so that only assured me. I like that it makes it a bit more low-key, I prefer that.

            Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
            the pictures you have uploaded are real world, in your hand. You can upload 100s of them if you wanted to. There's nothing wrong with that, and in fact the pictures you have uploaded are very detailed.
            Thanks Sonofalich for the explanation, this is how I understood it from the FAQ for QC pic's also.

            I'll try to post some OTW pic's in natural light as I have noticed they do look way better.

            Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
            The movement noise, isn't the ticking. It's the rotor spinning, that is what people complain about. Put it close to your ear and give it a good "throw" without letting go. And you will hear the rotor spin. It doesn't bother me, but for some it does.
            As for what the watch is, it certainly looks like ZF to me. Enjoy your purchase.
            Nice to know it's an ZF and I will enjoy it by wearing it a lot, cheers!

            Yeah the rotor spinning is not the nicest noise in the world on my watch, it does move nicely but sound like it has some friction on the spin. Is there a user you guys would recommend to have a look at it? I live in the Nordics. I think at some point my watch needs to be opened anyway because I would like the get rid of the white particles on my rotor wheel and have the edges softened in the bracelet and the crown.




            Originally posted by trtr View Post
            Not saying this will be an issue for everyone but got my watch and noticed the hour hand is off as in misplaced, so when you set it to 12 or 6pm you can see the hour hand slightly before.

            I know this can be corrected (hopefully not too painful to have done) but it's not the first time I've seen it brought up on the thread. While my watch was perfect visually, the hands will need adjustment.

            Just a heads up for those who have ordered their watches. On the upside my dates all align.
            I had an issue with minute hand not aligning correctly but that was just me setting the time with the second hand not at exactly 12 before setting it to the exact middle of the marker.

            Comment


              Speaking of rotor noise.

              The main reason I went to look for legend was after I raised my JF v5 15400 wearing hand in a meeting room and I heard the complimentary whoosh of the Miyota rotor.

              I forgot all the agenda and action items after that.

              Fix the whoosh. You won't regret it.

              Comment


                Originally posted by 2841 View Post
                I got mine a couple of weeks ago, and after wearing it a couple of nights, I gotta admit, I just don’t find it comfortable to wear.

                i usually wear both gen and rep Rolex sports models, and this just doesn’t compare.

                ive never had a gen AP, so I don’t know if this is a rep problem or if the models simply wears way different from for example a sub
                Hey bro,

                Yes, you're actually correct regarding the overall "comfort." I have found this to be an "issue" with GENs as well.

                This is both an "objective" and "subjective" matter. For a lot of different reasons, such as the overall geometry and weight of the watch in addition to your own wrist size/style. APs are pretty heavy watches and "fit" much better "flat" wrists than rounded ones, and larger wrists over smaller diameter wrists.

                Additionally, I find Rolex models usually lighter and really comfortable for example the Daytona or a Datejust with a Jubilee bracelet.

                I also find Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts models much more comfortable than APs. Sometimes you even forget you have them on, I am ALWAYS pretty conscious I have an AP on.....

                I thought it was only me, but I am glad there are other enthusiasts with similar opinions.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Swiss Maiden View Post

                  Hey bro,

                  Yes, you're actually correct regarding the overall "comfort." I have found this to be an "issue" with GENs as well.

                  This is both an "objective" and "subjective" matter. For a lot of different reasons, such as the overall geometry and weight of the watch in addition to your own wrist size/style. APs are pretty heavy watches and "fit" much better "flat" wrists than rounded ones, and larger wrists over smaller diameter wrists.

                  Additionally, I find Rolex models usually lighter and really comfortable for example the Daytona or a Datejust with a Jubilee bracelet.

                  I also find Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts models much more comfortable than APs. Sometimes you even forget you have them on, I am ALWAYS pretty conscious I have an AP on.....

                  I thought it was only me, but I am glad there are other enthusiasts with similar opinions.
                  I knew it would be hit or miss with this one But I have to let it go again

                  I have a 18 cm wrist, so it’s not a size problem, it’s just a weird watch to wear

                  I got a Aquanaut, and that is really light, and very much at the other end of the scale in regards to weight and comfort.

                  I do enjoy all my Rolex models from both on oyster and jubilee. I think that’s the sweet spot for me.

                  i do like the look of the 15500, but perhaps a PP nautilus is more up my alley
                  Last edited by 2841; 01-10-20, 22:05.
                  FOR SALE:

                  Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 2841 View Post

                    I knew it would be hit or miss with this one But I have to let it go again

                    I have a 18 cm wrist, so it’s not a size problem, it’s just a weird watch to wear

                    I got a Aquanaut, and that is really light, and very much at the other end of the scale in regards to weight and comfort.

                    I do enjoy all my Rolex models from both on oyster and jubilee. I think that’s the sweet spot for me.

                    i do like the look of the 15500, but perhaps a PP nautilus is more up my alley
                    Have you tried the 15202? It's the most perfect AP imo. I have 8" wrists and it is just simply the best watch I have tried from AP. I didn't get on with the 15500 either...
                    SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

                    SD43 - Franken Build

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

                      Have you tried the 15202? It's the most perfect AP imo. I have 8" wrists and it is just simply the best watch I have tried from AP. I didn't get on with the 15500 either...
                      The 15500 was my first AP. As I understand it, the 15202 has some issues, like the hand base being completely wrong. I chose the 15500 since there where no obvious tells, besides from the movement of course.

                      I would like to try a 15202, but maybe hold out for the next zf
                      FOR SALE:

                      Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 2841 View Post

                        The 15500 was my first AP. As I understand it, the 15202 has some issues, like the hand base being completely wrong. I chose the 15500 since there where no obvious tells, besides from the movement of course.

                        I would like to try a 15202, but maybe hold out for the next zf
                        XF v2 is fine, just gotta get a decent QC with white lume.
                        SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

                        SD43 - Franken Build

                        Comment


                          What's the expected +/- seconds in a day or 24h on this watch? Mine is running a bit fast I think..
                          Last edited by Hedgehog; 02-10-20, 13:59. Reason: typo

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post
                            What's the expected +/- seconds in a day or 24h on this watch? Mine is running a bit fast I think..
                            For the miyota movement anything within 20 seconds a day is normal. If you have a concern do get it serviced and regulated.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by legend View Post

                              For the miyota movement anything within 20 seconds a day is normal. If you have a concern do get it serviced and regulated.
                              I am about 13sec ahead in 24h, wearing it during the day. I am not familiar with the movement so I was not aware what I should excpect.

                              Thanks!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post

                                I am about 13sec ahead in 24h, wearing it during the day. I am not familiar with the movement so I was not aware what I should excpect.

                                Thanks!
                                It’s hit and miss with those movements. Mine is running 4 seconds fast per day, I was very happy with that
                                FOR SALE:

                                Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X