Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZF AP 15500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

    Well, you could start by scrolling down to the bottom of this thread. Where it says:



    Circled in red, is a number 1. Click that and have a read through. That is the best and only way, no-one here is going to spoon feed you. Go read.
    This
    WTB:

    -JF AP ROO Sachin Tendulkar57th Street, Blue theme, classic safari, navy, black RC, POM,.. anything else, offers?

    -JF Rubber Strap for 42mm ROO "Red"

    Got an AP biting dust? Drop me a PM!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post
      1st post on RWI, hello everyone!

      I'm getting my 1st rep this week, it's the ZF 15500 black dial (REF. #15500ST.OO.1220ST.03) so hyped to get this watch, been a fan of the model for a long time!

      Been researching into this thread and seeing how pleased everyone is with the model, may I ask what details should I look into to make sure it's the latest ZF model? And a sound unit in general.

      I found this forum too late to order from a trusted seller, so I would like to make sure I am receiving what I paid for and what a lot of people on the thread are so pleased with.

      Is there some tips & tricks some of you would like to share about this model, or some "do's and don'ts"?

      Thanks!
      Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
      Well, you could start by scrolling down to the bottom of this thread. Where it say...
      Thank you for your contribution, it sure felt like added value. (not)

      I started with reading through the thread and didn't find the answer so I asked, if someone decent does have some tips for a new ZF 15500 rep enthusiast I am all ears, thanks in advance!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post



        Thank you for your contribution, it sure felt like added value. (not)

        I started with reading through the thread and didn't find the answer so I asked, if someone decent does have some tips for a new ZF 15500 rep enthusiast I am all ears, thanks in advance!
        If you read the whole thread here, you will have your answers.
        Rolex 116610LN modded with Seagull 2824 movement and ARF bracelet (sentimental value, bought in Shenzhen watch market)
        Omega Planet Ocean 600M 43.5mm with rubber strap (B/O) VSF
        Panerai PAM688 VSF
        Audemars Piguet 15500 Grey ZF
        Rolex 126300 Miljust (Silver dial with Milgauss second hand) AAA

        Gen : Casio GA-2100-4AJF (Casioak), HKED Sunburst blue chronograph 42mm, Seagull M182SK, Timex chronograph 100m (1999), Seiko 5 SNK809,

        Comment


          Originally posted by Xilikon View Post

          If you read the whole thread here, you will have your answers.
          Can you point to the post? Thx

          Seems like a great community here..

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post

            Can you point to the post? Thx

            Seems like a great community here..
            I was relatively nice to you, but your subsequent posts just show not only what an entitled individual you are, but also your lack of intelligence. No-one here is going to do your work for you, there is a myriad of reasons. The primary one is that all replica watches carry flaws. We are all different as individuals, some people cannot live with hand flaws. Others, would prefer dial text to be more accurate. Others care about batons and hour markers.

            YOU, and only YOU. Must do the research. It's why my first post told you to go to page 1 and read, you don't have to read every post. Skim them, find the information you need. Only you can decide, you can't cheat the learning process here. It takes most newbies a month to accumulate a decent background knowledge, and even now over a year into this game I'm still learning, as are most.

            It is a great community, it's just that no-one will help you when you cannot be bothered to help yourself. I suggest you join Reddit, if you don't want to read forum posts then I think forums are not for you.

            Read up some posts, come back, ask questions with actual substance. You will find I and others will be more than happy to help you. But coming here with an entitled attitude where you just want us to tell you all the answers isn't good for you, nor the forum.
            Last edited by Sonofalich; 28-09-20, 23:39.
            SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

            SD43 - Franken Build

            Comment


              Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

              I was relatively nice to you, but your subsequent posts just show not only what an entitled ind.. blaah blaa pos waffel..
              I just asked for tips dude, not the meaning of life..

              Members like YOU IS the reason most of the content here is rather untenable to skim, like you bring zero content to the table, you just like to talk shit (to a newbie) in a condescending tone that nobody really caress to read.. Fact is people come to forums for info, and since there is 94 pages to find what one is looking for and a possibility the info is obsolete since there seems to be new models popping up once in a while, I don't see answering to a simple question of "mind passing on few lines of knowledge, thanks guys" to be that hard one to push out of ones keyboard. If I was a experienced user with vast amounts of knowledge I would have ZERO problems sharing some of it with a new user.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post
                1st post on RWI, hello everyone!

                I'm getting my 1st rep this week, it's the ZF 15500 black dial (REF. #15500ST.OO.1220ST.03) so hyped to get this watch, been a fan of the model for a long time!

                Been researching into this thread and seeing how pleased everyone is with the model, may I ask what details should I look into to make sure it's the latest ZF model? And a sound unit in general.

                I found this forum too late to order from a trusted seller, so I would like to make sure I am receiving what I paid for and what a lot of people on the thread are so pleased with.

                Is there some tips & tricks some of you would like to share about this model, or some "do's and don'ts"?

                Thanks!
                Well I like your forum name and so I am going to take the time to reply you Hedgehog

                Firstly, I hope your name isn't sonic. Met a few of those, somewhere else lol.
                And you can relax now. I am not going to bash you in any way.

                Second, there is only one ZF model so far. So your question of "latest ZF" is redundant.
                Thirdly, I agree with one fact with Sonofalich pointed out: People are pleased with different things, and you need to decide what pleases you. Essentially you are asking for what to look out for in the QC pics. Well, first thing you learn is NOT to post your QC pics unless you have a specific concern. And you learn about your specific concerns by reading and researching like what the members above pointed out. They are not wrong.

                There are some things not so correct about your statement:

                "so I would like to make sure I am receiving what I paid for and what a lot of people on the thread are so pleased with"

                And I can explain why:

                - You have paid for a ZF rep. You will receive a ZF rep. You paid $500 or so, and you will be getting a watch which has a quality of at least a $500 watch. Note that the last bit is subjective and as such, it is a matter of opinion in this aspect.

                - You already READ and KNOW what a lot of people on the thread are pleased with right? The thread does contain the answers, for example, nice dial print, good screws alignment, good bracelet finish etc etc. Take your time to read and consolidate the facts and in doing so you can learn better yourself.

                - Your statement is generic. Nobody can help you with that unless you list specific concerns like "Are my dial markers aligned well?" or "Are the bezel screws well aligned?" Stuff like that which show that you know your stuff and what you are asking. It is far more useful to know the watch and what to look out for, and you can definitely do this because you already know why guys are so pleased with it. So read a little further, and you will get maybe 5-6 points to look out for in your QC pics.

                Here is a promise: Come back here and ask specific questions about your watch after you have done your homework. You will get more meaningful replies. I see that you have researched into this thread. What you need to do is to contain your excitement and research deeper a little. The answers you seek are all in here. The guys are not wrong. But the last I checked, it is not hedgehog hunting season so you are safe here for now.
                The "meaning of life" answers can be better answered on Quora but while you are here, you need to understand and respect the forum culture here. Sonofalich may appear to be brusque but his points are not wrong. Ignore the tone and focus on the content.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by legend View Post

                  Well I like your forum name and so I am going to take the time to reply you Hedgehog

                  Firstly, I hope your name isn't sonic. Met a few of those, somewhere else lol.
                  And you can relax now. I am not going to bash you in any way.
                  Thank you legend, I have already read probably hundreds of your posts and I think almost all of them were a good read!

                  Yes I paid around $500 and I didn't have QC pics, I did get some photos and a video of the version I was buying but not 100% sure was that my unit. Are the serial numbers unique, or do they just print the same on every watch? I read someone saying the ZF 15500 is closer to 94 to 97% gen like and I think that's beyond amazing! I am not expecting to buy anything but a rep with this price so my expectations are based in the beautiful pictures people have posted here.

                  I was under the impression there has been variants of this model so I had understood wrong.

                  May I ask, since the movement is different to gen, does the winding and adjusting the time work like in the interactive user guide on the AP website? Don't want to break it by adjusting it wrong..

                  I will respect the culture here and have always done that on forums but I have very little tolerance for A holes that pick on new users because they don't know as much yet and DARE to ask after not finding the needle in the haystack that is 94 pages of chatter that has not been indexed into search to find answers using search.

                  I'll take your advice and come up with more specific questions once I have them, thanks for the advice! ps. Sonic The HH was the inspiration for my nickname my friend gave me about 20 years ago.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post

                    Thank you legend, I have already read probably hundreds of your posts and I think almost all of them were a good read!

                    Yes I paid around $500 and I didn't have QC pics, I did get some photos and a video of the version I was buying but not 100% sure was that my unit. Are the serial numbers unique, or do they just print the same on every watch? I read someone saying the ZF 15500 is closer to 94 to 97% gen like and I think that's beyond amazing! I am not expecting to buy anything but a rep with this price so my expectations are based in the beautiful pictures people have posted here.

                    I was under the impression there has been variants of this model so I had understood wrong.

                    May I ask, since the movement is different to gen, does the winding and adjusting the time work like in the interactive user guide on the AP website? Don't want to break it by adjusting it wrong..

                    I will respect the culture here and have always done that on forums but I have very little tolerance for A holes that pick on new users because they don't know as much yet and DARE to ask after not finding the needle in the haystack that is 94 pages of chatter that has not been indexed into search to find answers using search.

                    I'll take your advice and come up with more specific questions once I have them, thanks for the advice! ps. Sonic The HH was the inspiration for my nickname my friend gave me about 20 years ago.
                    Hello Hedgehog no worries at all. I get it that it is tough being the new guy, its a position we all were in at one time or another.

                    Regarding the watch, yes there is no other variant of the ZF15500, you just need to be careful that you do not get the OMF 15500 instead.. that one has the wrong case geometry and overall its not as good a replica as the ZF one.
                    Check for dial text print, markers and logo alignment, date alignment, and the usual scratches/blemishes on the case, hands, etc.
                    As for movement, it is a miyota 9015, so an entire kettle of fish from the cal. 4302 used by AP for the 15500. Functionally there are similar, being automatic watches. Just be sure to set your hands to 6:30 before quicksetting the date. Winding and setting the time should work the same way as the cal. 4302.
                    This may not be a gen, but visually you are going to be very pleased with it.
                    I will be happy to help you with your QC (remember to ask specific questions only, general QC pics aren't allowed!) and tag me on your post, I will help you out.

                    P.S. Sonic the hedgehog brings back very fond childhood memories for me. I hope you enjoyed the franchise as much as I did!


                    Comment


                      Originally posted by legend View Post

                      Hello Hedgehog Just be sure to set your hands to 6:30 before quicksetting the date.
                      Ohh, I didn’t know this. is this a miyota thing or is it necessary to set them on 6:30 on every movement?

                      I quick set the Date a few times now (without hands on 6:30), guess I was lucky that anything broke..



                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tony12345 View Post

                        Ohh, I didn’t know this. is this a miyota thing or is it necessary to set them on 6:30 on every movement?

                        I quick set the Date a few times now (without hands on 6:30), guess I was lucky that anything broke..


                        It's a good habit to have with all watches and movements. The idea is to make sure that you don't manually adjust the date when the mechanism has already triggered the beginning of the automatic date change, as it could damage the movement. So 6.30 is an arbitrary time that ensures you're out of that danger zone

                        Comment


                          ..


                          TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                          RM#1:
                          I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child




                          QFOAHDT

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Tony12345 View Post

                            Ohh, I didn’t know this. is this a miyota thing or is it necessary to set them on 6:30 on every movement?

                            I quick set the Date a few times now (without hands on 6:30), guess I was lucky that anything broke..


                            It does NOT have to be 6:30, like what my friend Tobel said. The key thing is to avoid 9pm to 3am and 6:30 is always the the hands position I choose for my own watches out of habit because it’s always safe whether it’s 6:30am or 6:30pm.
                            You can of course pick times like 9am or 1030am but note that these are AM/PM sensitive whereas the 6:30 position will always work.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by legend View Post
                              This may not be a gen, but visually you are going to be very pleased with it.
                              I will be happy to help you with your QC (remember to ask specific questions only, general QC pics aren't allowed!) and tag me on your post, I will help you out.
                              legend I got my watch today and I like it a lot! It's like jewelry, shines light so beautifully.

                              First impression was how small this watch looks like on the wrist, its very civilized. Was expecting it to be bigger after seeing everyone's pics. I did measure it and yes it's 41mm but my previous watch was 46 without me even realizing it, and the bezel was a lot thinner so the face looked a lot bigger.

                              The box looked like the one I have seen on ZF reviews, but the ZF hologram sticker was not adhered to the watch glass nor was the ZF braided band inside the bracelet.

                              Only blemish I see is something white, maybe a fingerprint on the center wheel the weight is attached to inside the back glass. The edges on the bracelet are a bit sharp yes, maybe I need to find someone to smoothen it and the adjustment lug to be a bit easier on the skin. I have seen some people say the movement is loud, I must be getting old since I can hear the ticking only by pressing the watch into my ear ????

                              I don't know what you are referring as general QC pic's, I hope it's ok I upload these..





                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hedgehog View Post
                                legend I got my watch today and I like it a lot! It's like jewelry, shines light so beautifully.

                                First impression was how small this watch looks like on the wrist, its very civilized. Was expecting it to be bigger after seeing everyone's pics. I did measure it and yes it's 41mm but my previous watch was 46 without me even realizing it, and the bezel was a lot thinner so the face looked a lot bigger.

                                The box looked like the one I have seen on ZF reviews, but the ZF hologram sticker was not adhered to the watch glass nor was the ZF braided band inside the bracelet.

                                Only blemish I see is something white, maybe a fingerprint on the center wheel the weight is attached to inside the back glass. The edges on the bracelet are a bit sharp yes, maybe I need to find someone to smoothen it and the adjustment lug to be a bit easier on the skin. I have seen some people say the movement is loud, I must be getting old since I can hear the ticking only by pressing the watch into my ear ????

                                I don't know what you are referring as general QC pic's, I hope it's ok I upload these..
                                Looks like a good watch to me, you chose well. I think the black 15500 is one of the most versatile dial choices. As it is deep black, and has grey tones depending on the light. As for your QC pictures and what you are allowed to post. QC = Quality control, the pictures that you are sent before you accept/reject the watch. You can upload them if you have a specific question and/or concern.

                                Also, there is another exception. You can post all your QC pictures, but the caveat for that is that you must have already accepted/rejected the watch. Sometimes when we're discussing new models, seeing the QC pictures is helpful even when the watch has already been accepted/rejected. As it may be the first "more real" pictures we have other than the TDs staged pictures.

                                However, the pictures you have uploaded are real world, in your hand. You can upload 100s of them if you wanted to. There's nothing wrong with that, and in fact the pictures you have uploaded are very detailed.

                                The movement noise, isn't the ticking. It's the rotor spinning, that is what people complain about. Put it close to your ear and give it a good "throw" without letting go. And you will hear the rotor spin. It doesn't bother me, but for some it does.

                                As for what the watch is, it certainly looks like ZF to me. Enjoy your purchase.
                                Last edited by Sonofalich; 01-10-20, 01:52.
                                SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

                                SD43 - Franken Build

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X