• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
We always have 2 ankles, too, bro... :hehehe:

Don't forget lunchtime changeovers/swapsies.... and changes for evening time/lume requirements etc...
We're all just a bunch of enablers :clap:

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20
I love this watch, spectacular dial colour with a bracelet that shimmers in the sunlight

Good lord is that one good looking watch right there! Honestly.. I think APs are growing on me the more and more I look at them!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Good lord is that one good looking watch right there! Honestly.. I think APs are growing on me the more and more I look at them!

The 15500 is, IMHO, the best Royal Oak currently, in terms of caliber, looks and proportions. I found the dial of the 15400 to be more elegant than sporty but the 15500 is a watch which hit the right notes and grew on the me from the onset. It is an excellent choice for the rep, you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The 15500 is, IMHO, the best Royal Oak currently, in terms of caliber, looks and proportions. I found the dial of the 15400 to be more elegant than sporty but the 15500 is a watch which hit the right notes and grew on the me from the onset. It is an excellent choice for the rep, you will not be disappointed.

I have to go to Canossa and admit it really grew on me and i find it very clean and sporty. Maybe I'll hoot one

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20

This means an awful lot coming from yourself! Funnily enough, you're the second credible person today to tell me that the ZF15500 is one of the best AP reps out on the market to date! The hands, printing, tapestry pattern and hour markers all seem to be excellent!

How close to gen has ZF managed to match the grey dial colour? For whatever reason, the grey doesn't seem to be as popular as the blue dial. The blue dial is lovely, but I'm a bigger fan of the grey. For me personally, I think the grey goes really really well alongside the stainless steel bracelet.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
To be honest, for me, the ZF15500 is a watch which is harder to call out in real life than the diver (other than the grey dial, more of that). It is a watch I need to examine off the wrist to know if it is gen or rep for sure.
To answer your question, the grey color isn't close, it is both too dark and too glossy. I agree with you that it is a color preferred over the blue, for me, from a personal point of view.
The blue dial may hold more premium but the grey dial is the one which does it for me, where putting one on the wrist goes.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
To be honest, for me, the ZF15500 is a watch which is harder to call out in real life than the diver (other than the grey dial, more of that). It is a watch I need to examine off the wrist to know if it is gen or rep for sure.
To answer your question, the grey color isn't close, it is both too dark and too glossy. I agree with you that it is a color preferred over the blue, for me, from a personal point of view.
The blue dial may hold more premium but the grey dial is the one which does it for me, where putting one on the wrist goes.

Repworld be like "zf use fake decoplate", I can see it with my bionic eyes :hehehe:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

Hi Legend,

How is your dial modification project going? Any updates?

I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements you've made.

Cheers!

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend,

How is your dial modification project going? Any updates going?

Cheers!

It’s in progress now. I’ll definitely showcase the modded dial once it’s done. One thing it’ll definitely have is an improved sunburst effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and P..DR..D

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
It’s in progress now. I’ll definitely showcase the modded dial once it’s done. One thing it’ll definitely have is an improved sunburst effect.

Looking forward to it. I better prepare my shipment to Singapore!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend,

How is your dial modification project going? Any updates going?

Cheers!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Looking forward to it. I better prepare my shipment to Singapore!

And I know you’ll pay for the service with the pennies you got each time I reply on a “which color is closest to gen?” thread. You’ll have leftover money to buy a brand new watch after that I suspect lol

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
And I know you’ll pay for the service with the pennies you got each time I reply on a “which color is closest to gen?” thread. You’ll have leftover money to buy a brand new watch after that I suspect lol

Lol.

I've learned to be less anal about reps now. As you have said as long as it makes you happy that's all that matters. The fact that a $500 rep comes quite close to a $10k - $40k watch is a miracle in itself and we should be grateful for that.

The vast majority of the public have never heard of AP or PP and even the ones who have will not have enough knowledge to call you out. That is if you care about being called out.

As you always say, enjoy the watch for what it is - a very good looking time piece that looks more expensive than it js.

I also enjoy the massive savings!