• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
Got my silver dial 15500 today and the rotor was stuck. Removed the case back and rotated it a couple of times and now it is working but very loud. To remove the rotor do I need to remove the 3 screws in the centre as I am going to add some grease?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Got my silver dial 15500 today and the rotor was stuck. Removed the case back and rotated it a couple of times and now it is working but very loud. To remove the rotor do I need to remove the 3 screws in the centre as I am going to add some grease?

Yes. A proper rotor assembly grease/service should involve disassembly of the assembly, and cleaning the bearings with alcohol, before oiling them.

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Bought one on the market, white dial, modified from the legendarylegend ... can't wait to have it!

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Bought one on the market, white dial, modified from the legendarylegend ... can't wait to have it!

Just checked the ad there.

As expected, it looks absolutely gorgeous so well wear and congrats.

Look forward to the wristshotss

MStar86

Looking Around
15/3/21
Yes. A proper rotor assembly grease/service should involve disassembly of the assembly, and cleaning the bearings with alcohol, before oiling them.

Hey there!!

legend this is my first post!!

I’ve just received my ZF AP 15500 and was wondering if you offer this Rotor Silencing service?

Also if you recommend anything else apart from cleaning & oiling the bracelet?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Hey there!!

I’ve just received my ZF AP 15500 and was wondering if you offer this Rotor Silencing service?

Generally softening/polishing/bevelling the mid case and bracelet is a nice touch, to negate the sharpness and make it more pleasant to wear.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey there!!

Welcome! And yes I do. Please send me a PM thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I saw this but have no clue what it’s saying.
7380f5da7edbd748f3d55ed2fbb3d545.jpg

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
All I can see is the mention of “V2”, which if I remember correctly was just a slightly updated movement decoration.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Uploaded decoration on Miyota movement. Nothing major.
Zf V2 on AP 15400 involved dial. Here there isn't mention about it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
All I can see is the mention of “V2”, which if I remember correctly was just a slightly updated movement decoration.

Personally speaking (and nothing against anyone who thinks otherwise), it is meaningless to upgrade the movement decoration if it isn't a clone movement in the first place. Balance wheel location is the first dead giveaway, followed by the faux jewels and subpar decoration finish. Rep watches are meant to be enjoyed on the wrist IMHO and not off the wrist.

Reactions: Allure and leo6929

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Personally speaking (and nothing against anyone who thinks otherwise), it is meaningless to upgrade the movement decoration if it isn't a clone movement in the first place. Balance wheel location is the first dead giveaway, followed by the faux jewels and subpar decoration finish. Rep watches are meant to be enjoyed on the wrist IMHO and not off the wrist.

100% agree.
Following your recommendation I'm never gonna take mine off - simplest solution :hehehe:

Reactions: Lariram