• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Finally the 15500 in my collection :)
On my one it had some problems with the rotor and the deco plate so it had to be removed :) pretty silent now and running super smoth after a service :)
30e151e04c64c9e5d3361f111601ec60.jpg

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I have blue version of this watch. From what I've read here the dial can be modified to make it more gen like.

Can anyone recommend a modder based in the UK or Europe who can do this work?

Thanks.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I have blue version of this watch. From what I've read here the dial can be modified to make it more gen like.

Can anyone recommend a modder based in the UK or Europe who can do this work?

Thanks.

Could be interested in this too, so gonna follow to see what is suggested, maybe someone in Ireland, one can dream :confused:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
damn Nikz19 I should have read your advice earlier.
Got an entire shelf stacked full of that same oil lol

Hi Legend, you have mentioned that the dial on this watch can be modified to make it appear better and more gen like.

Can you let me know what kind of work can be done (the technique) and if you know someone in the UK or Europe who does this?

Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend, you have mentioned that the dial on this watch can be modified to make it appear better and more gen like.

Can you let me know what kind of work can be done (the technique) and if you know someone in the UK or Europe who does this?

Thanks

Hello RonP

Actually yes. The rep dials on the ZF15500 (any color) is too glossy, and a tad too "plasticky" in the surface finish for me. My description may not be perfect but I think you may see what I mean from some angles at least. What I try to do is to reduce the gloss on the dial, and add a nicer looking sheen on the dial, while retaining the sunburst effect.
I am going to do this on a black 15500 soon, and I will definitely share before and after pics after that.
I hope to improve the color tone, surface texture finish and the overall dial "luxury factor" and I will keep you updated.
If my work pleases you aesthetically, send me a PM and I will be happy to do the same for you mate.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Hello RonP

Actually yes. The rep dials on the ZF15500 (any color) is too glossy, and a tad too "plasticky" in the surface finish for me. My description may not be perfect but I think you may see what I mean from some angles at least. What I try to do is to reduce the gloss on the dial, and add a nicer looking sheen on the dial, while retaining the sunburst effect.
I am going to do this on a black 15500 soon, and I will definitely share before and after pics after that.
I hope to improve the color tone, surface texture finish and the overall dial "luxury factor" and I will keep you updated.
If my work pleases you aesthetically, send me a PM and I will be happy to do the same for you mate.

Thanks for your reply. That sounds very good.

I understand what you mean, the texture in the gen seems to be deeper and the colour more richer. This ZF version goes a bit too light coloured under lighting whereas the gen retains that rich colour even under harsh lights.

Please do share your pics in this thread when you have modified your dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for your reply. That sounds very good.

I understand what you mean, the texture in the gen seems to be deeper and the colour more richer. This ZF version goes a bit too light coloured under lighting whereas the gen retains that rich colour even under harsh lights.

Please do share your pics in this thread when you have modified your dial.

I will do so and tag you thanks mate!

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
legend I saw that you've had/have a gen 15500 in your possession. I'm also waiting for ZF 15500 to arrive. So I tried to find an answer but alas - no luck. I just wanna know if the crown behavior on ZF rep is gen-like. Time/date steps or increments (not sure how to call them), the direction of date/time setting etc. I am fascinated by the topic and I had already asked something similar here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/9713560-perfect-ap-rep-15500-15400-15202

I apologise in advance if the answer has been staring at me in the face. I did look for it :/

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend I saw that you've had/have a gen 15500 in your possession. I'm also waiting for ZF 15500 to arrive. So I tried to find an answer but alas - no luck. I just wanna know if the crown behavior on ZF rep is gen-like. Time/date steps or increments (not sure how to call them), the direction of date/time setting etc. I am fascinated by the topic and I had already asked something similar here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/9713560-perfect-ap-rep-15500-15400-15202

I apologise in advance if the answer has been staring at me in the face. I did look for it :/

Hey Andy

Yes I have 2 gen 15500s in my collection now though I hardly ever wear them.
To answer your question yes the direction of time setting is the same as gen but I’ll need to check the direction of the date change and get back to you.
No need to apologize, it’s a rather obscure question which nobody else have asked to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
Thanks for checking. I find reps fascinating and I keep wondering how close do they get to gen, especially for watches that I love (and do not have). I would really appreciate it if you could compare the ZF to gen in this regard. Everyone is (rightfully so) focused on the materials and visuals. However, there are these little details that I'm curious about and sadly - I don't have access to gens for obvious reasons :D

I need to add that this never occurred to me either until I learned that this is the key difference (that you can actually see) between A2836 and the clone movements on Subs.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Hey Andy

Yes I have 2 gen 15500s in my collection now though I hardly ever wear them.
To answer your question yes the direction of time setting is the same as gen but I’ll need to check the direction of the date change and get back to you.
No need to apologize, it’s a rather obscure question which nobody else have asked to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

JB0938

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/16
Hello RonP

I will be looking at tour work with eekn excitement as well! I have a black ZF 15500 as well, excited to see what you are able to produce and would love to send to you for a mod some time!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RonP

JB0938

2/1/16
Hello RonP

I will be looking at your work with keen excitement as well! I have a black ZF 15500 as well, excited to see what you are able to produce and would love to send to you for a mod some time!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

jojobaji

25/12/20
Everywhere
Hello RonP

Hi Legend,

It’s almost a blessed having members like you.
I actually have a ZF 15500 Blue. I love it and i wear it pretty often with white shirts and suites ( Elegant boy ;) ).
Wearing, it gives me like a jewel feeling, but honestly the dial doesn’t “came out” as it should deserve.

Keep us updated.

Based on the result, i could be interested in having the same service.

Big Up!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So gents, there used to be some DW alignment issues on these 15500s mostly with the 20-29 dates sitting too high. How are the DW alignments with the newer batches? Are they perfectly centre?

The DW is one of my pet peeves with all these rep watches. Its the one thing I need to be perfectly centred otherwise my OCD gets playing on my mind.

jojobaji

25/12/20
Everywhere
So gents, there used to be some DW alignment issues on these 15500s mostly with the 20-29 dates sitting too high. How are the DW alignments with the newer batches? Are they perfectly centre?

The DW is one of my pet peeves with all these rep watches. Its the one thing I need to be perfectly centred otherwise my OCD gets playing on my mind.

My DW is ok, i purchased the watch on 26th dec.

To me, the most annoying aspect is the power reserve.

Mine ZF 15500 has the same power reserve of a narcoleptic man. :D