• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I saw that. The description states the movement decorations have been improved with no increase in price. Great!

So from the point of view on the wrist, no improvement?
Oh, at least they haven't hiked the price!

ztealth

11/8/13
anyone know how close the ZF blue dial is to gen? seems like it is way too dark and matte; no sunburst effects?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
anyone know how close the ZF blue dial is to gen? seems like it is way too dark and matte; no sunburst effects?

How close a color is to gen is subjective, for both the person who perceives it and also depends on lighting and angle etc.
If you know your watch is a rep (and of course you do) and do not seek to present it as a gen, then it may be good to just pick the color you like and wear it.
The only real way your question can be meaningfully answered is to have a comparison of the rep next to the gen under identical condition and you decide for yourself how acceptable it is. Any other reply will be the opinion of the member responding according to what he sees and thinks, and shouldn't apply to you.

Reactions: Allure

ztealth

11/8/13
How close a color is to gen is subjective, for both the person who perceives it and also depends on lighting and angle etc.
If you know your watch is a rep (and of course you do) and do not seek to present it as a gen, then it may be good to just pick the color you like and wear it.
The only real way your question can be meaningfully answered is to have a comparison of the rep next to the gen under identical condition and you decide for yourself how acceptable it is. Any other reply will be the opinion of the member responding according to what he sees and thinks, and shouldn't apply to you.

i dont think whether the ZF dial has sunburst dial is a subjective matter. It either does or doesn't. lol

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
TK there is already a discussion on this on the ZF15500 thread. 别重复话题了!:hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I looked for new posts but not at the existing thread on ZF 15500!! My apologies please delete this thread if possible moderators.

我道歉兄弟!

Reactions: legend

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Joining this discussion on the V1 versus V2. I agree the movement is not fooling anyone in either version, but I am curious as to what the factory would think is a significant upgrade to market as a V2 and we cannot see what they have changed. I will admit I am not good at computer things but if anyone has an interest to post side by side pictures of V1 and V2 perhaps we can figure this out. Although again admittedly this is not such an important thing to determine.

asuwere

2/6/19
If you are referring to the sunburst alone, ZF does not have it. The blue is more matte than the gen.

This is what I was hoping they'd change in V2. The sunburst to me is the signature effect of the dial. It seems to me like ZF just wanted to bump their ROs back into view with this "release".

drmuddy

Looking Around
5/12/20

I've been a longtime lurker and after I saw the reviews for both VSF and Angus/Puretime, I pulled the trigger and ordered the following:
https://puretimewatch.io/submariner-...on-vs3235.html

I have a Gen Exporer 2 and was saving up for my next gen, and having seen the advances made in RepWatches, decided that I'm going to save my cash (for now) and go with these incredible reps that 99.9% of people will never be able to tell from a Gen on the wrist. I'm beyond excited!

I'm starting this thread so I can update it as and when the order makes progress so you all can see the journey from ordering to QC to delivery. After getting the watch I'll post tons of pictures so you guys can see it for yourselves and I hope it serves as a reference people can refer to in future, both on the watch and on the process of ordering a watch to the UK from PureTime.

I also ordered a ZF AP Gray Dial 15500 (https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-4...-free-box.html) in the same order. I'll be making a thread in the AP section which will serve the same purposes as this thread for that watch.

Both watches were added to the site in December 2020 so are the latest offerings from those factories for these models at the time of writing.

I chose to pay with transferwise and got a 5% discount as a result.

STATUS UPDATES:
Order Placed (6th December 2020)

Last edited:

drmuddy

Looking Around
5/12/20
Ahh this is annoying - fucking noob posted the wrong title - can mods help? It was supposed to reference the new ZF AP 15500 Gray Dial and then the rolex forum post was supposed to have this title...

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Why not do it on the official ZF / VSF thread? Way to keep things clean.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ahh this is annoying - fucking noob posted the wrong title - can mods help? It was supposed to reference the new ZF AP 15500 Gray Dial and then the rolex forum post was supposed to have this title...

I get what your intention is but there is not much meaning updating the community on the process of your specific watch from order till when it reaches you, and ESPECIALLY during the QC process. I’m sure guys here are already familiar with the order process and that your watch will reach you safely. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and drmuddy

jvevermind

6/3/17
In this picture they have stated what have they upgraded with the movement, not much to be honest
a728a08a637425d747f58e6fed5002eb.jpg

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: Roguetheory

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I've been a longtime lurker and after I saw the reviews for both VSF and Angus/Puretime, I pulled the trigger and ordered the following:
https://puretimewatch.io/submariner-...on-vs3235.html

I have a Gen Exporer 2 and was saving up for my next gen, and having seen the advances made in RepWatches, decided that I'm going to save my cash (for now) and go with these incredible reps that 99.9% of people will never be able to tell from a Gen on the wrist. I'm beyond excited!

I'm starting this thread so I can update it as and when the order makes progress so you all can see the journey from ordering to QC to delivery. After getting the watch I'll post tons of pictures so you guys can see it for yourselves and I hope it serves as a reference people can refer to in future, both on the watch and on the process of ordering a watch to the UK from PureTime.

I also ordered a ZF AP Gray Dial 15500 (https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-4...-free-box.html) in the same order. I'll be making a thread in the AP section which will serve the same purposes as this thread for that watch.

Both watches were added to the site in December 2020 so are the latest offerings from those factories for these models at the time of writing.

I chose to pay with transferwise and got a 5% discount as a result.

STATUS UPDATES:
Order Placed (6th December 2020)

MOD EDIT , BY OPS REQUEST

Last edited by a moderator: