• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
My watch supplier sent me pictures of a new QC.
I am a little embarrassed that the back cover of the watch is stained with something. Is it dirty fingerprints on the film or is it some kind of glue?

I examined my watch and found no noticeable flaws except one. Does it seem to me that the dial is set slightly off-center, or is it so?

202011151703254.jpg

That's how they look, the rehaut is fairly deep so there is always a bit of a parallax effect when looking at the ring surrounding the tapisserie dial

edit: Since we're on the subject of modding, legend - do you know what the AR coating situation is on the gen versus the ZF 15500? Would it be worth sending my white dial 15500 to Prof for a 1x coated crystal?

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
That's how they look, the rehaut is fairly deep so there is always a bit of a parallax effect when looking at the ring surrounding the tapisserie dial

edit: Since we're on the subject of modding, legend - do you know what the AR coating situation is on the gen versus the ZF 15500? Would it be worth sending my white dial 15500 to Prof for a 1x coated crystal?

I think that the rep 15500 is single AR coated, and the coating is good enough visually vs gen. Of course, I have no idea about the comparative quality of the coat, or durability etc.
By looking, the rep crystal is good enough vs the gen for me.

Reactions: Allure

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I am a little embarrassed that the back cover of the watch is stained with something. Is it dirty fingerprints on the film or is it some kind of glue?

I examined my watch and found no noticeable flaws except one. Does it seem to me that the dial is set slightly off-center, or is it so?

Anyway, I like this QC watch better than the old one.

QC pics are only allowed to be posted to ask for and illustrate a specific question. You've already been told that you are nitpicking in your previous QC batch but you're doing it again. Moreover if you have questions about the dial and the back, there is no point posting pictures of the side, of the clasp etc. It looks like you are fishing for people to QC your watch.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the watch, not to become a repository of QC pictures. Please respect that.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Please stop posting your QC pics citing frivolous or non existent issues. Accept or reject your own watch. It has nothing to do with the community at all, don’t you agree?
QueTip you may wish to have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Addy whatever it is you're seeing, if you can't live with the paranoia of potentially missing something during rep QC, I suggest you just buy a gen.

But for the sake of it.
I'll bite.
It's fine, I would accept it.

Reactions: legend

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Fingerprints on the protective film? Unacceptable! :rollingonthefloor:

Reactions: leo6929

TommyCruise

Horology Curious
9/11/20
Addy This second one looks good, I would of rejected the previous one as well, those misaligned 12 markers would annoy me every time I looked at the watch :mad:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

202011151703254.jpg

You are missing the so obvious flaw near 6 o'clock marker, reject this one. Ask TD for one that looks like this:

Zaztrn.jpg

Last edited:

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Hi guys. I have a question for someone has got both 15500 and 15400:
how large is the top attachment of the bracelet on 15500?
Is it 26mm such I suppose is 15400, or different? End links are at the same distance of 15400 or not?
Thanks in advance

Addy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/20
I should receive my 15,500 soon.

What kind of screwdriver do I need so that I can tighten the screws evenly and change the length of the bracelet?

I have a set of screwdrivers for repairing phones, but I'm not sure if they will work for this watch.

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria

What kind of screwdriver do I need so that I can tighten the screws evenly and change the length of the bracelet?

I have a set of screwdrivers for repairing phones, but I'm not sure if they will work for this watch.

It should work when you have a small flat screwdriver :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Actually any flat head screwdriver which will fit into the slot will work. If the screw is tight, don't force it. Apply a bit of metal grease and try again. It is something everyone should be able DIY.
All the best, and have fun!