• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Same. Just wish it had a closed case back.

AP started implementing open case backs on their ROOs and ROs to show off the caliber, allow owners to admire the movements of their watches, and also, to differentiate themselves from the replicas visually. I like the open casebacks for the same reasons.

Reactions: Allure and csthe

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
AP started implementing open case backs on their ROOs and ROs to show off the caliber, allow owners to admire the movements of their watches, and also, to differentiate themselves from the replicas visually. I like the open casebacks for the same reasons.

Haha I get you bro, I love your gen and I totally understand. The new calibre is gorgeous and we shouldn't be too super rep greedy in the rep world :p.
Hope the initial 15500 batch comes out damn good.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Haha I get you bro, I love your gen and I totally understand. The new calibre is gorgeous and we shouldn't be too super rep greedy in the rep world :p.
Hope the initial 15500 batch comes out damn good.

I do love the gen caliber. It’s something the miyota 9015 can never compete against but we all understand that it’s a rep and as such, we need to appreciate the effort put forth to produce the replica 15500. It’s not a concern on the wrist at all, and makes a difference only when you want to appreciate the movement in person.

5e78240c85a1b4af32467013ee3c5cc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I do love the gen caliber. It’s something the miyota 9015 can never compete against but we all understand that it’s a rep and as such, we need to appreciate the effort put forth to produce the replica 15500. It’s not a concern on the wrist at all, and makes a difference only when you want to appreciate the movement in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love open caseback watches. Most of my gens and reps are open caseback and until the 15500 I didn't saw the caseback as a tell (since no one can see it), but as a design feature.
However, the 15500 caseback is so beautiful that i just could not see myself going rep on this watch...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I love open caseback watches. Most of my gens and reps are open caseback and until the 15500 I didn't saw the caseback as a tell (since no one can see it), but as a design feature.
However, the 15500 caseback is so beautiful that i just could not see myself going rep on this watch...

The balance wheel is positioned at the 7-8 o'clock position of the AP cal. 4302 and a single glance is enough to give any rep away. So it is slightly ironic when no matter how much any miyota-powered AP RO rep is modded, all it takes is for one to turn it over and it does not matter how you have a gen dial, hands, crystal etc. Once the watch is off the wrist, and watch is flipped over, it is game over.
Of course, I acknowledge that open caseback reps are meant to be worn on the wrist for fun, and not for scrutiny of movement.
Same old adage applies: It all depends on what you can live with and what you cannot.

I love open caseback watches like you and BEAniev1! and therefore, I cannot live with reps for most of the newer generation APs.
I still like reps and follow the developments closely and with much interest. There is nothing wrong with choosing to wear reps for any reason, but one thing which really separates the reps from the gens IMHO is the quality of the movement caliber. You can modify an AP rep to look visually close, but the superlative detailing and minute and intricate features of the AP caliber is something that cannot be repped for now.
One distinguished exception to this, is not an AP, but the Rolex Daytona 4130 clone movement. After being cleaned up and serviced, it is a thing of wonder. Add on the gen winding module on it, and you have a remarkable engine. I can go on to write a verbose review of the movement, but with this being the AP section and to prevent you guys from stifling yawns, let me put it succinctly that I think it is the single best thing to happen to the replica watch hobby since its inception decades back.

This is where the AP rep scene is lacking. It forces us to live with relatively mundane replicas. I will be very glad and interested if we have a clone 3126/3840 cal. Yes, this gen AP cal. may be a beauty to examine, but it is NOT more reliable than the LWO movement, and many times more expensive to maintain. But yet, with the open case backs, this is really the only proper way to replicate these beautiful timepieces. The decoration plates are horrible parodies, and its a little like trying to disguise an apple as an orange and having it look like fried chicken after all the efforts.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
The balance wheel is positioned at the 7-8 o'clock position of the AP cal. 4302 and a single glance is enough to give any rep away. So it is slightly ironic when no matter how much any miyota-powered AP RO rep is modded, all it takes is for one to turn it over and it does not matter how you have a gen dial, hands, crystal etc. Once the watch is off the wrist, and watch is flipped over, it is game over.
Of course, I acknowledge that open caseback reps are meant to be worn on the wrist for fun, and not for scrutiny of movement.
Same old adage applies: It all depends on what you can live with and what you cannot.

I love open caseback watches like you and BEAniev1! and therefore, I cannot live with reps for most of the newer generation APs.
I still like reps and follow the developments closely and with much interest. There is nothing wrong with choosing to wear reps for any reason, but one thing which really separates the reps from the gens IMHO is the quality of the movement caliber. You can modify an AP rep to look visually close, but the superlative detailing and minute and intricate features of the AP caliber is something that cannot be repped for now.
One distinguished exception to this, is not an AP, but the Rolex Daytona 4130 clone movement. After being cleaned up and serviced, it is a thing of wonder. Add on the gen winding module on it, and you have a remarkable engine. I can go on to write a verbose review of the movement, but with this being the AP section and to prevent you guys from stifling yawns, let me put it succinctly that I think it is the single best thing to happen to the replica watch hobby since its inception decades back.

This is where the AP rep scene is lacking. It forces us to live with relatively mundane replicas. I will be very glad and interested if we have a clone 3126/3840 cal. Yes, this gen AP cal. may be a beauty to examine, but it is NOT more reliable than the LWO movement, and many times more expensive to maintain. But yet, with the open case backs, this is really the only proper way to replicate these beautiful timepieces. The decoration plates are horrible parodies, and its a little like trying to disguise an apple as an orange and having it look like fried chicken after all the efforts.

I'm with you on that. It's the proper things to say in regards with the rep game in AP.

michael5

Horology Curious
20/6/18
According to you, how long will the rep of 15500 be available? because I would have taken the 15400 but at this point I prefer to wait..

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
According to you, how long will the rep of 15500 be available? because I would have taken the 15400 but at this point I prefer to wait..

Omf released their rushed 15500 but i would commend to wait for the zf or pick a 15400 from jf with his v5"j" version

Reactions: Rolemars

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Omf released their rushed 15500 but i would commend to wait for the zf or pick a 15400 from jf with his v5"j" version

What exactly is the difference on the "j" V5 version? Is it the "Swiss Made" printing at 6?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
No info about ZF APs releases.

For the v5j, swiss made in printed on a plate instead to be printed on the dial

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
This is still v1 mate. The gen only came out this year. You thinking of the 15400?

Yes, I am referring to the 15400. I am not certain what does the "J" V5 entailed.

I am curious of the ZF 15500, but no news on it for about a month....

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yes, I am referring to the 15400. I am not certain what does the "J" V5 entailed.

I am curious of the ZF 15500, but no news on it for about a month....

The j is like a second batch with an improvement (change) over the v5. For example no one wants a submariner v6, but everyone wants a v6s. The improvement on the j in the v5 I believe is the improvement in dial printing, much crisper compared to all previous versions. Theres always rumours flying around on the rep scene, we’ve all been waiting for arfs ‘gmt clone movement’ for years.

Reactions: Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
SWISS MADE printing on a plate and smoother tapisserie pattern in the dial (not as pimply) differentiate the V5 “j” from the early v5.

N0tail_

1/6/17
Swiss made printing was already introduced in V5. V5J was merely the updated dial tappiserie pattern.