• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Awaiting so badly that VC, hopefully XF release it.

We have to wait a bit, XF is only releasing the no-date grey dial 2000V for now. Even I was hoping for me :(

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Post a pic up Scotty. Would be good to see QC defects to be aware of. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch was lovely - unfortunately this DW was unsalvageable. Oh well, we go again

V3KZgy.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Reactions: Sonofalich

rbobby

Looking Around
31/5/20
I just got a blue dial ZF 15500. I am frankly shocked at the quality, flawless. Regardless of any minute differences vs gen it may or may not have, it's a beautiful watch I would proudly wear any day. I think the snobby Swiss will have to drop the price of the gen to maybe $2000 for me to even consider buying the gen, let alone getting on some waiting list and beg.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Hertzen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
$2000 for me to even consider buying the gen, let alone getting on some waiting list and beg.

Well, it mostly depends on your tolerance for imperfections and what do you want to get in the end.

ZF is very close to gen, yes. I would still insta-buy gen at $10K right now, even with "no resale" clause.

Reactions: legend

ablabla

6/7/16
EU
Damn ! I just received my ZF AP 15500 from M2M ... i didn't touched any AP RO since a JF V2 ...

Even thought it ain't Gen at all, quality is on par ! That's insane what 2 years does in the rep game !

Reactions: Katarsis

srhoque

28/11/18
I just got a blue dial ZF 15500. I am frankly shocked at the quality, flawless. Regardless of any minute differences vs gen it may or may not have, it's a beautiful watch I would proudly wear any day. I think the snobby Swiss will have to drop the price of the gen to maybe $2000 for me to even consider buying the gen, let alone getting on some waiting list and beg.

Well, the ZF aesthetics may be close to gen (I still think the dial tapisserie in gen is better) but the gen movement is a whole different ball game. That's why you pay the premium to a large extent. Anyways, enjoy the watch in good health!! Can't wait for my blue to arrive as well...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Well, the ZF aesthetics may be close to gen (I still think the dial tapisserie in gen is better) but the gen movement is a whole different ball game. That's why you pay the premium to a large extent. Anyways, enjoy the watch in good health!! Can't wait for my blue to arrive as well...

Yes gen dial is prettier.

I have the gen and the movement just looks like a Miyota to me. Lol. I don’t look at my case back with a loupe. Don’t care if the plates are hand polished - only AP watchmaker will see them during service. Gen Movement Is loud as well. I got mine when the reps were shit. Wouldn’t pay gen money now

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

Don5665

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/19
Bangalore, India
Can any blessed soul who owns both gen and rep help us with a picture of both the ZF 15500 and Gen to help us novice learn the different better as this forum teaches so many new things. Excitingly waiting for my ZF 15500 to join my watch case

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Yes gen dial is prettier.

I have the gen and the movement just looks like a Miyota to me. Lol. I don’t look at my case back with a loupe. Don’t care if the plates are hand polished - only AP watchmaker will see them during service. Gen Movement Is loud as well. I got mine when the reps were shit. Wouldn’t pay gen money now

Sent from the RWI App

Can’t agree with you on this, sorry

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Can’t agree with you on this, sorry

Obviously I’m exaggerating for effect. lol.

Can’t compare a 10cent Miyota with a gen AP movement.

But gen dial/hands/print...oh man!! That’s what I pay gen money for. Gen movement is a scam. What difference does it make to me that some old bloke at AP hand polished a screw that I’ll never see in my life. lol

Last edited:

rbobby

Looking Around
31/5/20
Rep movement is of course no gen, but it's pretty enough. It looks quality and decorated nicely. So far running flawlessly, hopefully for years to come. Time will tell I guess. Downside with gen is you worry about it when it's time for service. This, you just buy another one if need be.