• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
It is my personal habit to ensure that the hands are at 6:30 before quick-setting the date for every automatic watch with the date function. That way, you will need to remember only one hand position instead of a period of time to avoid.

Helpful tip, thank you, sir

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Just picked up A grey one off the RWI sales forum 450$ here in CONUS . Looking forward to it coming on Thursday :)

Reactions: Katarsis

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I purchased a blue ZF 15400 from the famous VAC LUME about 3 months ago. And after his full service to the watch... it is amazing... now looking forward to this ZF 15500 Coming in :)

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Blue was my first choice. Then a grey came up on m2m and I was too excited to get a ZF 15500 so bought it! Then the day after I managed to find a blue one! Can’t keep them both. The grey is very smart but I’m more of a blue watch guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Blue was my first choice. Then a grey came up on m2m and I was too excited to get a ZF 15500 so bought it! Then the day after I managed to find a blue one! Can’t keep them both. The grey is very smart but I’m more of a blue watch guy.

Have you seen the blue in real life yet?

I had it, was a bit disappointed with it. I've had all of them now except for the white/silver (I will have that soon) - Black is by far the best in my personal opinion. Just a shame I've got so many black watches already. But the contrast is just simply amazing, I would wholly recommend you get the black and it blows the rest out of the water tbh... maybe 5-10 pages back I compared black to blue.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14

I had it, was a bit disappointed with it. I've had all of them now except for the white/silver (I will have that soon) - Black is by far the best in my personal opinion. Just a shame I've got so many black watches already. But the contrast is just simply amazing, I would wholly recommend you get the black and it blows the rest out of the water tbh... maybe 5-10 pages back I compared black to blue.

I have a gen blue and it’s just amazing

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I have a gen blue and it’s just amazing

It's just personal preference really, but I find it a bit too electric blue for my taste. I prefer darker, more royal. For example VC Overseas v5400 or Rolex Bluesy / Smurf. But it's all down to personal preference, but what is objective is that the contrast on the black dial > the blue. By a long margin.

I think that's what helps give it the edge. Side by side it really is a no brainer for me.

iu
iu

VS

iu

Pictures don't do any of them justice but.... the above two blues > the bottom in my subjective opinion! But that's what makes this game fun, we all have our different tastes!

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
It's just personal preference really, but I find it a bit too electric blue for my taste. I prefer darker, more royal. For example VC Overseas v5400 or Rolex Bluesy / Smurf. But it's all down to personal preference, but what is objective is that the contrast on the black dial > the blue. By a long margin.

I think that's what helps give it the edge. Side by side it really is a no brainer for me.

iu
iu

VS

iu

Pictures don't do any of them justice but.... the above two blues > the bottom in my subjective opinion! But that's what makes this game fun, we all have our different tastes!

I prefer the bottom blue colour. Looks more youthful than the above 2.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom

This is very interesting and something someone else told me too. I will also get the black dial based on your comments above. Then sell one on. Thanks for this.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom

Hi James. I just tried to pm you but it says you cannot receive pms? You mentioned you did a comparison of black vs blue? I would love to read it but i cant find it in the thread? Would you be able to send me the link perhaps? As mentioned, I have the blue incoming but seriously considering getting the black one too based on your comment. Thanks.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi James. I just tried to pm you but it says you cannot receive pms? You mentioned you did a comparison of black vs blue? I would love to read it but i cant find it in the thread? Would you be able to send me the link perhaps? As mentioned, I have the blue incoming but seriously considering getting the black one too based on your comment. Thanks.

Hi,

No idea about the PM's, no reason I shouldn't be receiving.

Either way, here was my post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/7965796-zf-ap-15500?p=8901784#post8901784

They don't do it justice though, buy the black really and you'll understand :)

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Enjoy some pictures of the AP 15500 black vs blue
Please note some of the weird reflections in the polished part of the watches is the reflection of my light box metal lining, the watches are both perfect (the blue AP logo is a little wonky... but fine!)

Thanks to KSwatches - a good TD!

Thanks James. I left the quoted pics in above as it’s a good comparison so have bumped it to the end of the thread for people to see.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Just rejected my white and silver, shame as it was beautiful but the DW was so sunken that numbers were cut off.