• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend thank you for your kind answer .

i hear where you are coming from.

I believe gens are pretty good investments if you are savvy at it and know what/how to buy them.

I sold my gens to fund an investment I could not pass on... Now I get pretty solid cash flows out of it... I could go back in the Gen game...

But I somehow can’t help think that I can pretty much the same satisfaction owning a quality rep for a fraction of the price = that is truly where the value is for reps...

Of course they are no gens and devil is in the details but they are certainly good enough for me and do the job which is pleasing my eyes and wrist :)

cheers

Thank you for sharing your experience too fire007

Gens and reps are just different games I feel, and a lot of us play on both sides.
I agree with you that nothing beats a rep for wrist presentation. I always tell my friends that if they just want a nice watch to wear, nothing beats buying a rep and slapping it on the wrist out of the box.
Yes there will always be flaws and tells but most of these imperfections get translated to "hey nice watch" in real life, same for reps, frankens and gens.
The differences we discuss on the forums are for our own knowledge and understanding, but once out of the forum, a lot of these details are irrelevant without intense scrutiny.

This is a fantastic hobby for that reason too. :qtip2:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I thought that this picture is interesting:

https://fratellowatches.imgix.net/2019/02/AP-Royal-Oak-39-vs-41.001.jpg

It shows a gen that looks to be changing date at 10pm.

Is that how the 4302 movement works? If so that's another example of how this model makes it easier for the rep factories to replicate. Compared to the former 15400 it's thicker, has 28,800 BPM and a slowly changing date which both are by design on miyotas. Just curious :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Is that how the 4302 movement works? If so that's another example of how this model makes it easier for the rep factories to replicate. Compared to the former 15400 it's thicker, has 28,800 BPM and a slowly changing date which both are by design on miyotas. Just curious :)

No the cal 4302 has an instant date change like the 3120 caliber.
If it starts changing date at x and completes the change at y, the date mechanism is faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Tobel

6/7/17
No the cal 4302 has an instant date change like the 3120 caliber.
If it starts changing date at x and completes the change at y, the date mechanism is faulty.

Thanks A. For the confirmation, I was quite surprised by this picture as well

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks A. For the confirmation, I was quite surprised by this picture as well

You’re welcome!

If the owner changes the date during the “forbidden hours”, it may cause damage to the gears and you can end up with issues in the date change mechanism.
But a slow changing date is something unbearable for me, especially for AP watches! In fact it’s another reason I don’t wear APs.. I would have loved to see a modified 2836 used instead, even if the decoration will still be way off lol.

Reactions: Allure and Tobel

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt

The crown is unskrewed so they have set the date like that for some reason. Either intentionally or more probably by mistake.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Does the rep factories make the half link for the bracelet?

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
you 'll find some on the bay ...

Yeah, saw that. But I will pass and wear it slightly loose (rapper style ????)

3be7e2e42f7574496afa987bececad39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk