• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Also, a big and powerful magnet is very useful if it happens again.

Also walking around on the carpet barefoot may help as well. I heard feet are like natural magnets to step into something when barefoot.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Also walking around on the carpet barefoot may help as well. I heard feet are like natural magnets to step into something when barefoot.

I don't know if tiny screws qualify in the Lego category but it's worth trying fo sho.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Perfectly aligned dw, the blue on a RO strike every time! Stunning, more i see 15500 blue dial more i want to buy a 15500,i remember myself when i was saying that the 15500 was ugly, when we say in my country, only idiots don't change their minds.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Temporarily, as I did eventually find it! Needle in a haystack comes to mind... I have thick plush carpeting in my bedroom. Nightmare.

I actually lost one of the 15500 strap pins in my office carpet, which isn’t even thick! Was on my hands and knees for ages, it completely vanished! Even tried with a magnet for a while, until I checked on one of the other pins to see if they’re magnetic, and they’re not! Aluminium I guess.

So i have 2 spare links, but only 1 spare pin!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I actually lost one of the 15500 strap pins in my office carpet, which isn’t even thick! Was on my hands and knees for ages, it completely vanished! Even tried with a magnet for a while, until I checked on one of the other pins to see if they’re magnetic, and they’re not! Aluminium I guess.

So i have 2 spare links, but only 1 spare pin!

ughr... they're a nightmare. It was only the 1st one that gave me trouble... as I didn't know what to expect. I actually thought they'd be full screws... so I was kinda shocked when this tiny pin head of a screw came out haha

Reactions: teaston

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Do we have intel on a possible white dial release please ? Cherrs

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Should this be on the NWBIG list?

Such a list will always be subjective and depends on what we can or cannot live with. I think each of us should have our own list of NWBG (I think “not worth buying gen” is grammatically more correct) watches.
I personally think that the ZF release is good and if one is not an AP collector, the gen is more warranted.

I do not own a single rep so maybe I’m not qualified to give this advice but personally for me the zf15500 is good for novelty wear without buying the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Such a list will always be subjective and depends on what we can or cannot live with. I think each of us should have our own list of NWBG (I think “not worth buying gen” is grammatically more correct) watches.
I personally think that the ZF release is good and if one is not an AP collector, the gen is more warranted.

I do not own a single rep so maybe I’m not qualified to give this advice but personally for me the zf15500 is good for novelty wear without buying the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about you stating that you considered buying the rep even though you own the gen.

Last edited:

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Just received it. First impressions are very good. Bulid quality is superb, rotor is more quiet than I thought. Well done Z-factory.

djwJk.jpg

Hey brother, would you mind stepping outside and taking a couple of pics (or even a short video) of your Black Dial with direct sunlight?

I am really curious about the Black Dial "sun burst" effect. I am aware all gen dials and specially the silver dial "shine" with direct sunlight.

However, on most pictures that I have seen of the black dial look "matte" (no sunburst or shine at all).

When I tried out the Black Dial on the AP Boutique, it certainly had a sun burst effect (although not as noticeable as the lighter colored dials).

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Hey brother, would you mind stepping outside and taking a couple of pics (or even a short video) of your Black Dial with direct sunlight?

I am really curious about the Black Dial "sun burst" effect. I am aware all gen dials and specially the silver dial "shine" with direct sunlight.

However, on most pictures that I have seen of the black dial look "matte" (no sunburst or shine at all).

When I tried out the Black Dial on the AP Boutique, it certainly had a sun burst effect (although not as noticeable as the lighter colored dials).

Thanks a lot!

This is the gray dial.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Personally, I think the Black dial is the best. I've had the blue and black.

You keep blue if you don't have many blue watches... but the Black hands down the winner of all the variants in my opinion. It looks grey in certain light... and deep black in light. It shifts and shimmers, way more than any of the other dials and has bigger contrast with the markers. Truly the best of the bunch.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden

APNL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/20
It's a nice watch, but it bothers me that most of the date is not properly aligned. Hopefully this will be fixed with V2 and the bezel screws by V5 ;)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It's a nice watch, but it bothers me that most of the date is not properly aligned. Hopefully this will be fixed with V2 and the bezel screws by V5 ;)

The date is slightly misaligned on a few dates, but its perfectly acceptable. And many genuine models have similar issues, like Pateks for example... so meh it's not really noticeable on wrist. Really from first hand experience of two of them, never bothered me and I'm quite picky.

As for the screws? What do you mean? On the two that I've had they were perfect? They don't quite look as warm as white gold... but they're steel so what do you expect? Or am I missing something?

It's a great rep, don't miss out!

Reactions: Katarsis