• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Looking to buy the ZF 15500; would be my first rep buy. Just want to know what's the reasonable accuracy expectation? Like +/- how many seconds per day to be acceptable QC?

Thank you

I really wouldn’t worry about the time accuracy, more important to check for obvious physical flaws.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Have tried to search for this, but is there any ETA on the gold versions by ZF?

phalanx

Horology Curious
22/5/20
Thanks to all for the great info and advice.

In terms of servicing to improve accuracy, do you take it to a local indep watch repairer (do people even work on reps) or some online mail-in service provider?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Thanks to all for the great info and advice.

In terms of servicing to improve accuracy, do you take it to a local indep watch repairer (do people even work on reps) or some online mail-in service provider?

You know you are on a rep watch forum right? :) you have plenty of watchsmiths and modders on here,if you cant find one in your hometown. Just use the search funktion.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Vince Ong

Horology Curious
11/4/19
Even for my gen 15500 I had to soften the bracelet edges myself. I think a rotor bearing assembly service (silence rotor) and the bracelet edge softening/polish.

Nothing much else needs/can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.. do you do watch servicing for others tho ..? :)

srhoque

28/11/18
Looking for some feedback...

I have a grey dial incoming and want to add a Blue dial to my AP rep collection. Have been debating between the XF15202 or the ZF 15500. Any preferences?

Note: 15400 is not an option. I am a big fan of the ZF 15400 blue but the Miyota beat rate bothers me a lot (gen 3Hz vs Miyota 4Hz). I have low beat modded divers and can now spot these from a distance. Call me OCD but there is a distinct difference :D:D

Reactions: SuperLory

srhoque

28/11/18
Nice.. do you do watch servicing for others tho ..? :)

He is one of the best around. Thorough gentleman to deal with and his skills/knowledge on APs are second to none. Highly recommend him

Last edited:

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Looking for some feedback...

I have a grey dial incoming and want to add a Blue dial to my AP rep collection. Have been debating between the XF15202 or the ZF 15500. Any preferences?

Note: 15400 is not an option. I am a big fan of the ZF 15400 blue but the Miyota beat rate bothers me a lot (gen 3Hz vs Miyota 4Hz). I have low beat modded divers and can now spot these from a distance. Call me OCD but there is a distinct difference :D:D

But the rep 15500 has a Miyota running at 4hz (28800bph)!?

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Looking to buy the ZF 15500; would be my first rep buy. Just want to know what's the reasonable accuracy expectation? Like +/- how many seconds per day to be acceptable QC?

Thank you

dbdbef61bcc0d3a96ba2925a8f9220f2.jpg

Received QC of 4 sec which is nearly perfect for me

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
There are many rep friendly watchmakers on this forum, you should be able to find one in your country here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Highly recommend „Johnny Depp“ at rwi here!

Serviced my SA4130 for a good price, repaired some things and installed a much better white v3 dial FOR FREE!

Also reported via Whatsapp every step and was really fast. (Every watchsmith Here has a big waiting list)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk