• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I did do a short review on the APSF clone 4302 movement on another thread. If there are specific questions you have please let me know.
I will check that (again). Do you have any comments towards the rest of the watch, apart from movement? If you have had the chance to compare the 15500 APSF and ZF? Engravings, the look and feel, polishing and what now?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I will check that (again). Do you have any comments towards the rest of the watch, apart from movement? If you have had the chance to compare the 15500 APSF and ZF? Engravings, the look and feel, polishing and what now?
Ok got what you’re asking.

So far I’ve worked only on the APSF 15500 and even between two specimens there can be slight differences in the finish and quality of the hands and dial markers for example. This is also true for the gen.
In general though, all things considered, I still consider the APSF 15500 a stellar AP replica. It is not 1:1, no. But it is convincing in real life and that’s all that matters for replica watches I feel. Afterall, the owner will always know it’s a replica no matter how accurate it looks. The movement plates for the gen and rep look quite different, clone movement or not. The ZF dials seem to look better from the pics. Hands for both appear to be about the same. I definitely also prefer the ZF clone datewheel but this is a small detail which is hard to discern in real life (even the ap diver has a cyclop over the datewheel which the 15500 lacks). Other than the dial, and yes the notorious spelling mistake on the ZF movement, I have not seen any significant differences between the two. My current recommendation for the more serious owner remains the same: get the APSF and put a ZF dial and maybe datewheel on it. No need for the gen dial unless one is going for grey or silver.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Ok got what you’re asking.

So far I’ve worked only on the APSF 15500 and even between two specimens there can be slight differences in the finish and quality of the hands and dial markers for example. This is also true for the gen.
In general though, all things considered, I still consider the APSF 15500 a stellar AP replica. It is not 1:1, no. But it is convincing in real life and that’s all that matters for replica watches I feel. Afterall, the owner will always know it’s a replica no matter how accurate it looks. The movement plates for the gen and rep look quite different, clone movement or not. The ZF dials seem to look better from the pics. Hands for both appear to be about the same. I definitely also prefer the ZF clone datewheel but this is a small detail which is hard to discern in real life (even the ap diver has a cyclop over the datewheel which the 15500 lacks). Other than the dial, and yes the notorious spelling mistake on the ZF movement, I have not seen any significant differences between the two. My current recommendation for the more serious owner remains the same: get the APSF and put a ZF dial and maybe datewheel on it. No need for the gen dial unless one is going for grey or silver.
Thanks for your thorough explanation and sharing your thoughts. That's what I just might do, get the apsf with the zf dial.

Hectormabr

Known Member
23/4/17
Could anyone please suggest a member I can reach out to help me with offering a silencing rotor service for my ZF 15500 I just received. Thanks!

Hectormabr

Known Member
23/4/17
I think i will end up selling this piece within the forum in the next couple days. Honestly I think the grey dial is beautiful just think I’m gonna try for the blue tone next :)

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
I think i will end up selling this piece within the forum in the next couple days. Honestly I think the grey dial is beautiful just think I’m gonna try for the blue tone next :)

say, is it a v3? If yes, does it say JEWELS or JEWEES on the movement?