• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Stevex2

Looking Around
5/11/21
Hi I just got back the QC pictures for this watch . But I don't know if these figures from a TYMC are good or bad. Anyone understand what I am seeing?

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
If we have to buy the whole watch in order to upgrade the dial, it's not interesting :confused:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
legend told me ZF upgraded their blue 15500 dial just recently. He ordered one for me, and did his dial mod on it. Looks amazing! Pics to come.

Great news. I wonder if this seemingly “silent update” only pertains to the blue dial? I would be great if the Black too as been improved.

DrswagMD

Looking Around
4/7/22
Edit: please do not post QC pics asking for general opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nono92

Yug94

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/3/21
Yeah me too for the rg with leather strap ! Is there any review ? Thanks

bionicl1ght

Horology Curious
15/10/11
Was interested in the 15500 rose gold as well.
Searched but couldn’t find anything.
Might be a post on a 15400 but couldn’t find 15500.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can’t anyone write a test of that watch. Is that movement any good?

Nobody is obliged to write any review even if they own and dissected the watch.
I’m going to work on one very soon and I’ll see if it’s worthwhile to write about it.
Feel free to be the first to do a review if you can’t wait, it’s a free world.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Okay @legend just really quick. What watch is better in terms of reliability of movement and similarity to the gen? ZF or APSF?

According to what you know so far, you gut feeling.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Saw this on a grey market forum today for a box papers gen watch. Check out the date also AP logo slightly tilted.

Wear your watches with confidence and enjoy them.

zS25FEu.jpg

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Saw this on a grey market forum today for a box papers gen watch. Check out the date also AP logo slightly tilted.

zITn6t.jpg

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany

zITn6t.jpg

I asked my TD and he said ZF also updated the 15500 white dial version to V3 just like the blue dial :)
Maybe this is one of the updated ones on the pic?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

If one looks hard enough, flaws on gen can always be found, but let’s remember they are not representative of how gen watches are like.

I agree with your statement that reps should be enjoyed for what they are but not because some small percentage of gens are flawed too. Even perfectly aligned reps are reps and the most misaligned gens are still gens. Reps should be enjoyed for what they are because they are comparatively low cost novelty timepieces which can be enjoyed like the gen visually without splurging on them.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Yeah especially if you wear your watch on the streets of nyc like me, thank you da alvin Bragg and a special thanks to nyc bail reform. Lol

In other words you’ll be a lot less disappointed if you loose it lol