• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Cefc1004

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
6/12/17
United States
I have to say, words cannot even come close to describing how amazing a job legend did on my ZF 15500 v2.
It started as the basic white/silver dial, which I regretted getting, but the blue was just not very good looking at the time.
Well, legend told me that ZF just recently upgraded their blue dial, so he ordered a new v3 blue dial/datewheel for me, and performed his dial mod on it.
He also beveled, polished, and rebrushed the case, mid case, and bracelet to gen spec, polished and aligned the bezel screws, and serviced/silenced the rotor bearing assembly.
That man truly is a legend.

I tried a few different angles to show the color of the dial, cloudy day for pictures unfortunately.

zDW40S.jpg
zDWkoP.jpg
zDWXgJ.jpg
zDWwTW.jpg
zDWs5Q.jpg
zDWvNR.jpg
zDWuBL.jpg

Last edited:

Cefc1004

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
6/12/17
United States
legend had a posting describing it a few months ago, can’t seem to find it though. He will have to explain it to you. A lot of people have had it done on their 15500’s, a black dial version with all the same mods was just posted in m2m.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend had a posting describing it a few months ago, can’t seem to find it though. He will have to explain it to you. A lot of people have had it done on their 15500’s, a black dial version with all the same mods was just posted in m2m.

Basically its a bit of that Je Ne Sais Quoi thing mixed with unicorn powder and fairy dust. In your specific watch I should have gone easy on the unicorn powder to avoid you turning into an wrist model C :legend:

Been a pleasure to work with you sir. Thank you as always.

Reactions: Allure

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I think ZF has updated the 15500. V3?

The dial is much better now. This is from a QC I rejected for other reasons btw.

Pics: new ZF / new vs gen / old vs new

]

Stock zf v3 blue dial looks amazing
I Think this is the best blue dial have seen from a ap rep

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Basically its a bit of that Je Ne Sais Quoi thing mixed with unicorn powder and fairy dust. In your specific watch I should have gone easy on the unicorn powder to avoid you turning into an wrist model C :legend:

Been a pleasure to work with you sir. Thank you as always.

Could you answer the question please Al? I'm curious at what you do too please. I might be interested in your services at some point with my 15202 obsessions! Although.. I keep telling myself to wait for the 16202 rep because date-change = omg why?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
You should see the dial mod that I tried to do with clear lacquer (matte) lol. I completely fucked it up. The liquid just filled up the machine lines and blurred out the tapp squares. Lol. This one looks great actually. Would be good to see before Vs after close ups tho...obviously I don’t expect A to share details of his special unicorn mix. Ha

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Lol bro
you dont put anything on the ap tappiserie, it would look worse imo for exactly the reason you told(machine lines etc...).

Lesson learned:legend:

asuwere

2/6/19
You need to use an electrochemical coloring process. Can't use paint lol

Cefc1004

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
6/12/17
United States
Reactions: Sonofalich

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Anyone have a recommendation on a screwdriver that doesn't damage the caseback screws? Even using plastic film between the driver head and the screw damages mine. I want something that fits perfectly. Bergeon but what size?

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Woooaa
the Version 3 with the new dial is sick.
does anybody know how the 15500 zf compares to the 15400 apsf? I am thinking of getting one but don’t know which.
the apsf in white looks great but this new blue dial…shait