• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Not sure if i anyone mentioned already in the thread, but which one are the screws to remove the dercor plate from the movement? If any?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not sure if i anyone mentioned already in the thread, but which one are the screws to remove the dercor plate from the movement? If any?

You already started a thread to ask this. Just be patient and wait for a reply please thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
You already started a thread to ask this. Just be patient and wait for a reply please thank you.

Apologies, posted here initially but thought it might be more obvious on the main page.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Apologies, posted here initially but thought it might be more obvious on the main page.

No worries man. I do have a curious question, why do you want to remove the deco plates? Will it be easier to just buy a miyota 9015 movement instead?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
No worries man. I do have a curious question, why do you want to remove the deco plates? Will it be easier to just buy a miyota 9015 movement instead?

My 9015 seems to be performing a little bit weird with the amplitude dropping from time to time on the timegrapher. Removing the rotor decor plate seems to improve it a little, hence my guess that the main decor plate might be applying some sort of pressure to the movement, affecting its stability.
I also don't see the 9015 balance bridge under the plate so curious how it looks like beneath.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Actually if you look closely you will be able to differentiate the faux screws from the real ones. I do not have the movement at hand now to show you.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Actually if you look closely you will be able to differentiate the faux screws from the real ones. I do not have the movement at hand now to show you.

I manged to identify a few but still couldn't lift up the plate, so wondering what I am missing =\

Smitty1782

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
I recently turned down a ZF 15500 because of horrible bezel screw/holes including damaged hole(s)... The TD I ordered from said that they have seen so many like that and suggests picking a complete different model.

I dont want a different model :D​​​​​​​. I want the 15500.

Anyone else come across this?

lordswolf

Horology Curious
17/7/21
I recently turned down a ZF 15500 because of horrible bezel screw/holes including damaged hole(s)... The TD I ordered from said that they have seen so many like that and suggests picking a complete different model.

I dont want a different model :D. I want the 15500.

Who was the TD? Seem to get the impression Mirotime has alot of these.....

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I dont want a different model :D. I want the 15500.

If you really want the model no matter what, then accept the watch. You need to know 2 things:

1. In real life, the screws will never look as bad as what the pics show. Most of the times you do not even notice the imperfections.
2. If they really bother you, you can get them aligned and polished by a modder here.

Don't ruin the experience for yourself just because of this.

Smitty1782

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
If you really want the model no matter what, then accept the watch. You need to know 2 things:

1. In real life, the screws will never look as bad as what the pics show. Most of the times you do not even notice the imperfections.
2. If they really bother you, you can get them aligned and polished by a modder here.

Don't ruin the experience for yourself just because of this.

No experience is being ruined at all. To my understanding that is the literal purpose of the QC photos. Ruining the experience would be accepting a watch with the chance that I may not notice the issues and I notice the issues when its on my wrist.

Puretime is being very communicative about the whole process they even let us know that they turned down the first watch on our behalf because of issues with the movement. I want the watch. I dont need the watch so I have nothing but patience with this whole process.

With that said, I rejected the watch and per the TD they advise waiting on the next batch because they said this batch has had many screw/bezel issues.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is my third rep... First time rejecting.

That pic is hilarious but I see what you mean. This is something you can easily fix yourself though. Just unscrew the caseback, remove the collar nuts, remove and realign each bezel bolt (since they are technically not screws but bolts). Use the collar nut to hold it in the right alignment (you may need 4 additional ones) and then re-assemble it.
Just saying that if push comes to shove, you can always take care of the issue on your own. It is not difficult to resolve or improve.

SwissrepVN

Looking Around
29/8/21
hello , we are a seller from vietnam , we made a video comparing 2 versions 15400 and 15500 of zf factory
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the quality of the review

Last edited by a moderator:

SwissrepVN

Looking Around
29/8/21
an overview between 15500 and 15400 Ap of zf factory
We are new here, hope you can give us your suggestions so that we can become more professional.

Last edited by a moderator:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
SwissrepVN please do not post your reviews anymore until we are certain why you are here and your purpose.
You can start by introducing yourself and interacting with the members like everyone else. Let us know who you are and what you are about.
Until that happens, all your videos and links will not be approved.