• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Tourbillon Black Ceramic

Booonin

2/9/18
The case back should state LIMITED EDITION OF 100 PIECES ,but sadly this is missing on the sample I have seen. Simply cannot understand how the factory can make such mistakes. Also it's PVD not ceramic so bearing the price tag I think better to pass on this one

Although, I recently contacted a non-td via instagram by requesting this model, he proposed me to buy a perpetual calendar and was claiming that it is fully made out from ceramic. He didn't measure thickness, but on the photo looks quite thick.. #thickproblem #JFpleasefixthis

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Although, I recently contacted a non-td via instagram by requesting this model, he proposed me to buy a perpetual calendar and was claiming that it is fully made out from ceramic. He didn't measure thickness, but on the photo looks quite thick.. #thickproblem #JFpleasefixthis

Non TD always lies with this things...

"I promise It´s a swiss made mechanism"

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA
Hot diggity, it's sleek and it's officially being offered by a TD!

Looking at the descriptions, the thickness on PT's website is 12.5mm but the above pics from OP show it's ~10.6mm?

Also I noticed that the posted photos from OP showed the Tourby as gold in two of the photos and gray/titanium in the last two. I think those are actually of the Gen?

Either way, I'd love to purchase someday... but for $800+ I could do alot of damage elsewhere ...:(

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Also I noticed that the posted photos from OP showed the Tourby as gold in two of the photos and gray/titanium in the last two. I think those are actually of the Gen?

Yes those pictures are from the GEN, would be amazing if the tourbillion were gray/titanium as gen....

Last edited:

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
What's the true thickness? 10.6mm or 12.5mm?

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
From the videos on non Td instagram sites, it looks thin enough to be 10.6mm , been in the hobby long enough to see the difference of 2mm

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There is one in the sale section. Why don’t you ask the owner directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because sales sections aren't really great for asking such questions.
The seller will likely not be inclined to share his review of a watch he is trying to sell, and even if he does, it will likely be a favorable one to induce prospective buyers to pick the watch up.
Makes sense?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Because sales sections aren't really great for asking such questions.
The seller will likely not be inclined to share his review of a watch he is trying to sell, and even if he does, it will likely be a favorable one to induce prospective buyers to pick the watch up.
Makes sense?

It was sarcasm my dear legend as I believe this member is post whoring. But I might be wrong. Will refrain to comment next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

asuwere

2/6/19
V3 looks nice. I wonder why this gets no love around here.