• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak by JF vs Didun?

repsbro

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/6/19
Has anyone purchased both a Didun RO and then a RO by JF? I'm curious how big of a quality increase is between the two watches. If the homage even has 70% the quality it might not be worth getting a JF.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Homage is horrible quality.

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Homage is horrible quality.

I would figure that, however the spec sheet seems quite nice and Youtubers praise it... I would just wish there was a direct comparison somehow to fully know

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
YouTubers are 99% fools that have never held a gen AP in their hands. How would they know?

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Look at it. Can you live with it looking like a turd? Go get it. You won’t be able to compare it to JF let alone gen quality. That’s the point I was making. I thought it was obvious by looking at the pics.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Why dont you accept the answer of a well experienced - if not one the most experienced - member especially when it comes to AP?

Swallow that pill and order the watch and feel the hassle that comes with homages.

In the end you dont seem to have much knowledge about watches anyways so i think you would say the same thing like people on reddit. Enjoy the homage buddy!

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Why dont you accept the answer of a well experienced - if not one the most experienced - member especially when it comes to AP?

Swallow that pill and order the watch and feel the hassle that comes with homages.

In the end you dont seem to have much knowledge about watches anyways so i think you would say the same thing like people on reddit. Enjoy the homage buddy!

:kiss:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
...the reddit link you shared seems to work against your argument; the person who wrote that is in love with the watch and explicitly states he can't believe the quality.

A guy on reddit can’t believe the quality. Ok it must be awesome then.

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19

Why are you so defensive? What's with the arrogant tone? I have a Tudor, I know a bit about watches, thank you. Not sure why you assume.

I don't "accept answers" because I want to know the truth objectively. Simple taking yes for an answer is not because I'm stubborn, but because the answer given seemed more emotional and biased rather than logical. If the JF is proven to be logically better, instead of "lol homages suk" then I can of course accept that. Simple as that.

I'm here to have a discussion, not to trade insults. If I pressed a nerve because this somehow offends you, given your tone, you should honestly come to understand that I am coming from a place of reason, not to bicker.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
A guy on reddit can’t believe the quality. Ok it must be awesome then.

No, of course that's a logical fallacy. But to the opposite point, it hasn't been disproven by his link either.

Take a look at this video of the Didun: https://youtu.be/_t3yh3s0qU0 and while it may not be up to JF standard, it certainly doesn't seem "bad" or "shit" and the gap in quality doesn't seem that big to me.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Wtf is didun? A new AP replica brand? Never heard of..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: WATCH HACKER

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
You are asking for advice and when seasoned members tell you they think the homage watch is trash you won’t listen. Just buy that shit and wear it in good health man.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
OMG!! What a crapy watch.. go for JF Buddy. Dont even think of this brand.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
If you want a nice ROO/ RO/15400 But if you dont care for that and only want a cheap watch with ROO style then go for this didun

Reactions: Phoenixboy

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
You are asking for advice and when seasoned members tell you they think the homage watch is trash you won’t listen. Just buy that shit and wear it in good health man.

But why would I listen? I wasn't given any compelling logical advice as to why. Just, "it sucks". Surely you can understand that an argument needs to be backed up in order to be agreed on, correct? Why accept things without reason?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
But why would I listen? I wasn't given any compelling logical advice as to why. Just, "it sucks". Surely you can understand that an argument needs to be backed up in order to be agreed on, correct? Why accept things without reason?

If you can’t see it looks like trash go buy it. Afterall youtubers love it.

Reactions: fitipaldi