• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Lebron James

latinna

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/19
Hi all

has anyone ever owned or still own this watch? https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...on-rubber-strap-a3126-free-leather-strap.html (JF Royal Oak Lebron James)?

If so please can you tell me if the diamonds are any good on it? Don’t want to spend all that money to have diamonds that look crap (I understand they’re not real diamonds I imagine) but please can you tell me how they are and how durable they are.

also if the watch ever got any colour problems (gold wearing etc)

thanks

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
lol

If the diamond are your only problem with the watch that worry not, just buy it!

Reactions: csthe

latinna

19/6/19
lol

If the diamond are your only problem with the watch that worry not, just buy it!

You know if they're good? lol I don't want to end up with something bait but I guess you're right, it's a beautiful watch so I will get one

911cz

Known Member
8/9/17
Great watch and maybe the only ROO from JF that is the same thickness as gen except the diver.

G

Make sure you have wrists to accommodate it. I have girls wrists and it looked ridiculous. But yes the build quality was awesome all round

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi all

has anyone ever owned or still own this watch? https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...on-rubber-strap-a3126-free-leather-strap.html (JF Royal Oak Lebron James)?

If so please can you tell me if the diamonds are any good on it? Don’t want to spend all that money to have diamonds that look crap (I understand they’re not real diamonds I imagine) but please can you tell me how they are and how durable they are.

also if the watch ever got any colour problems (gold wearing etc)

thanks

The “diamonds” take up the tip of one chrono pusher and are hardly a visual concern even if they’re egregiously bad, which they aren’t.

There are many other tells about the watch which you should care about more than the “diamonds” or CZ in this case. The CZs serve their purpose well as decoration and that’s that.
Let’s put it this way: if you like this specific model then the “diamonds” will neither stop you from buying it nor will they push you to buy it. They’re just a minor feature and that’s that.
You will enjoy your watch if that’s your only concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

latinna

19/6/19
The “diamonds” take up the tip of one chrono pusher and are hardly a visual concern even if they’re egregiously bad, which they aren’t.

There are many other tells about the watch which you should care about more than the “diamonds” or CZ in this case. The CZs serve their purpose well as decoration and that’s that.
Let’s put it this way: if you like this specific model then the “diamonds” will neither stop you from buying it nor will they push you to buy it. They’re just a minor feature and that’s that.
You will enjoy your watch if that’s your only concern.

I love the watch, I’ve just bought bitcoin so I can buy it from Puretime. I just didn’t want something that looked tacky but from what you’re saying, it looks nice so that’s good to know. I’m an absolute noob so please can you tell me what CZ means?

I’m probably going to make a YouTube review once it arrives as the videos of this watch on YouTube are terrible lol

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I love the watch, I’ve just bought bitcoin so I can buy it from Puretime. I just didn’t want something that looked tacky but from what you’re saying, it looks nice so that’s good to know. I’m an absolute noob so please can you tell me what CZ means?

I’m probably going to make a YouTube review once it arrives as the videos of this watch on YouTube are terrible lol

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+does+CZ+mean

latinna

19/6/19
Didn’t realise CZ are what I thought they were ???? appreciate the link though, I thought I’d google it and random useless stuff would come up but it didn’t.

Have a good weekend all

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Ok, so honestly, I know the ‘diamonds’ are there, but I actually forgot about them, that’s how little attention that you, or anyone else, will ever give them once you get it on the wrist.

As others have said, there are far bigger issues with the watch than the diamonds, although they are one of the best OTB AP’s that JF ever produced.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Some hello shots from my youngests ballet class

98267fa200738c7675add293404014f3.jpg

b51b3491cce9b99afcf987ae7b9c7d89.jpg

Last edited:

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
As others have said, there are far bigger issues with the watch than the diamonds, although they are one of the best OTB AP’s that JF ever produced.

me again :) can you tell me the main two issues? The height seems quite ok and the dial too... to my unsharp sight ;)

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
My wrist is about 7.5 inches.

The main issues with the LBJ, as with all ROO’s are the DW font/depth/mag and the hand centres. Mine has had both of these addressed with modifications.

The blue is slightly off to gen also, but without a direct side to side comparison, it’d be a hard call on that one.

Of course the movement looks nothing like the Gen, and there are the other typical ROO issues of crown height and DW location although these are far better on the 44mm versions

Reactions: latinna

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Does anyone know if a V2 of the Lebron is coming out? I noticed the most of the greatest hits all received a refresh:
  • Bumble Bee V2 w/ Cyclops and DW mod (September 2018)
  • Forged Carbon V2 w/ Cyclops and DW mod (June 2018)
  • Offshore Diver White Ceramic V2 (August 2018)
I just emailed Puretime to see if I can order a Lebron but with Cyclops and DW mod included; we'll see what they say.

I still think the Bumblebee, the 44mm FC, various Divers (Noob, JF, XF), the RB2, the Volcano, the JF 15400, and the Lebron James are great achievements. I still have not really changed my opinion on the best. But once you immerse yourself in the enlarged transparency of detail, then you will want to Franken or skip them all. The ultimate problem is that all of these APs are chunky, heavy, large watches that many consider tasteless. There are work-arounds with case thinning, etc. but that does not change the fact that these are watches for nouveau riche nouveau montres consumer.

I like it when a brand hits payday on a LE of some classic: the Bumblebee, the Montauk Highway, those are home runs on the Offshore. Even the FC and White Cer Diver are home runs. Bu there are a lot of failed spin-offs, and if you cannot sense them you are the loser at the card game.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I wish they still made these :(

Seems like they are still making them even though some TDs say out of stock.

Response from PureTime
https://i.postimg.cc/9X7yJkMc/fafafafafa.png

fafafafafa.png

Response from JTime
https://i.postimg.cc/W1fQSxD2/IMG-7077.jpg

IMG-7077.jpg

Don't think there was a Cyclops & DW Mod installed - the font looks the same and BKG's seems to have more AR as well.

QC Sample from JTime
https://i.postimg.cc/J4pg4S5b/PHOTO-...1-14-24-53.jpg

PHOTO-2019-07-11-14-24-53.jpg

Reference Photo from bkg!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...93404014f3.jpg

98267fa200738c7675add293404014f3.jpg

Last edited: