• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help requested | Alignment issue of 15400, JF V5

jiplet

Known Member
31/10/14
Australia
Hi all!

Could I get some help checking this 15400 - Is it just me or is the 12 and 6 marker abit skewed?
Seems to be a small stain near crown as well but that seems to be all I can find. Understand that there will be flaws but alignment and stains out of factory should be a nono for me.

Used these two threads as reference. Particularly the bottom one for alignment checks. Please let me know your thoughts or if its just me being overly picky.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../7799263-spring-19-jf-15450-updated-date-font
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/7726347-15400-v5-white-dial

Thanks!

VflmUF.jpg

Vfl3Y0.jpg

VflXK6.jpg

VflHGq.jpg

Vfld4G.jpg

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
How do you do thoses blue lines? Could help for QCing my next stuff.

To me it's a GL, almost all APs have misaligned markers, you won't notify it at all on your wirst.

The AP logo is a little bit funky tho.

Reactions: Garuda

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The biggest concern here is the AP logo - it looks like its had 2 bottles of whisky and cant walk straight

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Did you seriously draw lines to determine if the markers are 100% aligned, on a $400 rep? Lol. You do realize that even if the markers are perfectly aligned, it still has a ton of flaws right? ;)

I think your markers are fine, but logo needs adjustment. Good news is that be it markers or logo, both can be easily realigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiplet

Known Member
31/10/14
Australia
Did you seriously draw lines to determine if the markers are 100% aligned, on a $400 rep? Lol. You do realize that even if the markers are perfectly aligned, it still has a ton of flaws right? ;)

I think your markers are fine, but logo needs adjustment. Good news is that be it markers or logo, both can be easily realigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yes! As mentioned, understand flaws but a lot of the posts here are also commenting on alignments so think it's rather valid. I appreciate the feedback

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk