• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
That dial looks good :) hope the final version will be out soon looks promising.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Has anyone got a spare link for my V5! Desperately need one so I can wear it! Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Are they gona do ROO’s too? :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So no.
Can it be modified?

The simple answer is No.
The movement can be serviced, made quieter and smoother, but it cannot be modified to a low beat frequency, cannot be modified to look like the gen 3126 base caliber, and cannot be modified to have the date change instantly as per gen.

Reactions: csthe

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
The simple answer is No.
The movement can be serviced, made quieter and smoother, but it cannot be modified to a low beat frequency, cannot be modified to look like the gen 3126 base caliber, and cannot be modified to have the date change instantly as per gen.

Thanks for the elaborate answer mate!
As a gen owner, is the beat rate is a tell for you? Would you notice it?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the elaborate answer mate!
As a gen owner, is the beat rate is a tell for you? Would you notice it?

To be honest, The beat rate difference is not noticeable to me in real life.

It is a personal observation of course, but for me to see the 21600bph vs 28800bph difference, the best way is to have both side by side in person.
On its own, and in the wild, it is not a tell for me, but there are guys who claim to see the difference without visual comparisons.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
More competitors, better product.

Exciting

No necessarily in the Rep world.
BP, TF came before JF. Did they improve thier product to compete with JF? No they moved on to something else. OMF came into the picture. Did that light a fire under JF to improve thier product? No, rather they copied/cheated to get the "SWISS MADE" printed crisp, even if that meant deviating from the Gen. And oh yeah for those visually it's so important to have SWISS MADE crisp and ledigble because these reps are made in Switzerland. And it's such a miniscule detail that they are spending thier time and effort where as the thickness, hands, markerd are completely ignored.

Even in the ROO line Noob had the best for a while then JF came in did they improve their product? Did they change to a revolutionary movement to change the ROO game nope they just stopped making them and moved on to the Daytona.

As much as we'd hope that competition will be better for the buyer unfortunately its not always the case in the rep game. Only thing that drives the rep industry is sales and volume. If a piece sells well they'll keep pumping out v9-v10 and beyond. If not scraped after the first batch look at the linde werdelin they were almost in the super rep category but scraped.

Calibre16

31/1/12
Very exciting news! The ZF PP5167 looks great so I have high hopes for this:drinks_cheers:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Dial looks great! Nice and crisp minute markers!
if they make it thinner than JF, I think they will, im definitely buying it.
I feel like I need another 15400 black dial to join my JF 15400 v2 blue.

BIONONE

28/4/17
If they manage to implement a custom balance bridge like on their 5167 or PPFs 5711 and slim down the decoration as a whole they can definitely reduce the thickness.

JF pretty much did not care about touching the architecture of the base movement through the years and they got pretty lazy. Hope is there ZF is stirring things up a bit sooner or later - even if it is just the thickness or a better dial... people will judge and wear according to their own preferences anyway.

even though the movement will never look like the gen - speaking of the construction and position of the gears and bridges themselves - let alone the magnificent finish of the gen 3120 and everything else from AP ;)

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
It looks good but the gen markers are always going to shine a bit more since they're made of precious metals. No factory will ever get this right until they start platinum or wg plating

The coloque and shine of gold and platinum comes from the Rhodium plating, so that would solve that.